Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    A solid list. I'm particularly fond of Oracle as well. I wanted so badly for her to join the Ultimates team of Black Panther, Captain Marvel, America Chavez, Spectrum and Dr. Brashear.
    Her brief appearance in Ultimates was interesting, suggesting a powerset different than the average telepath, with some sort of psychometry, as well, which was neat. I like the idea of exploring a completely different alien sort of mentalist.

Is she just a 'mutant telepath' of her race? Is her entire race telepathic and she's an above-average example? Is her entire race weakly psychic (and / or a hive-mind), and they pick one person in each generation to gestalt the bulk of their power, and send her off-world to represent their people before the Shiar, so that she maintain the illusion of being a powerful psychic, but is actually channeling the power of thousands, or perhaps even millions, of members of her race at any given time (meditating in shifts, lending her their small individual power during their 'sleep cycle')?

Or are they instead the pale husks of a special caste of people who give themselves over to psychic entities that lack physical form, and live in tunnels deep within/beneath the waters of their world, becoming a hybrid entity?

All sorts of fun stuff could be done, far more interestingly than just 'she's a mutant' or 'all of her race are telepaths.'

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Her brief appearance in Ultimates was interesting, suggesting a powerset different than the average telepath, with some sort of psychometry, as well, which was neat. I like the idea of exploring a completely different alien sort of mentalist.

Is she just a 'mutant telepath' of her race? Is her entire race telepathic and she's an above-average example? Is her entire race weakly psychic (and / or a hive-mind), and they pick one person in each generation to gestalt the bulk of their power, and send her off-world to represent their people before the Shiar, so that she maintain the illusion of being a powerful psychic, but is actually channeling the power of thousands, or perhaps even millions, of members of her race at any given time (meditating in shifts, lending her their small individual power during their 'sleep cycle')?

Or are they instead the pale husks of a special caste of people who give themselves over to psychic entities that lack physical form, and live in tunnels deep within/beneath the waters of their world, becoming a hybrid entity?

All sorts of fun stuff could be done, far more interestingly than just 'she's a mutant' or 'all of her race are telepaths.'
    Exactly! Plus, Oracle, unlike most of Marvel's telepaths, must have honed her abilities on all of the various sentient species across the universe. Not every intelligent species mental process works exactly the same. I imagine Oracle's telepathic and empathic precision and expertise, if not sheer raw power, would easily make her the most adept psionic in the game. We all know Marvel writers would give the nod to familiar favorites like Jean Grey and Professor X, but I just think there should be a clear distinction between a terrestrial telepath like Emma Frost and a universal telepath like Oracle.

By the way, with respect to Oracle's original history, she was a member of an entire alien race of telepaths. But future writers could easily reimagine the origins and source of her powers and how they work. Certainly Oracle's "psychosopic awareness" which functions like cosmic awareness is a very powerful and a very unique ability that most other telepaths lack. Definitely more to Oracle than meets the eye. I'd build on that.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Sersi.jpg

This version of Sersi

Also Spectrum
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EMPulse; 08-15-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely obscure, but another favorite would be...

Ganymede
    (First Appearance: Silver Surfer #80)

Ron Lim Silver Surfer FOREVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMPulse View Post
    Sersi. Also Spectrum
    Great choices. Two of my favorite Avengers. (And I don't even have to clarify 'two of my favorite lady Avengers' because they are two of my favorite Avengers, full stop.)

BANNED

The Boss of Space Carol Danvers herself

Astonishing Member

Probably Moondragon.

BANNED

Queen of the Nevers, Dawn Greenwood, Gamora, Moondragon, and Carol Danvers when she is written as the boss of earth space.

My favorite would be Sue Storm.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington