Astonishing Member

Default Vision vs Captain Marvel

Who take this?

Rules: we just use mcu versions for both characters here
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Captain Marvel and it is not even close.

If Vison could manage to become intangible before the first blast or punch from Captain Marvel lands then he could turn this into an endurance contest. The contest then gets decided by whether Captain Marvel still needs to sleep or not.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

I suppose it comes down intangibility.

I don't recall off hand Carol having especially enhanced reflexes?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I suppose it comes down intangibility.

I don't recall off hand Carol having especially enhanced reflexes?
    Nothing spectacular, no. She isnt slow, but definitely not a speedster in anything beyond travel speed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

If we just use Age Of Ultron Vision i would say he might win but since then he became a useless jobber in all the other movies...

So Captain Marvel wins

BANNED

In the comics Vision beat Carol by putting his hand inside her while intangible, i dunno how viable of a tactic that is for the MCU versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If we just use Age Of Ultron Vision i would say he might win but since then he became a useless jobber in all the other movies...

So Captain Marvel wins
    He was plenty powerful in Civil War. Useless perhaps, but not weak.

Wanda smashed him deep into the earth with no lasting damage. A bus split harmlessly in half against his body. He knocked an airport tower down in one shot. He one shot War Machine.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Nothing spectacular, no. She isnt slow, but definitely not a speedster in anything beyond travel speed.
    Then yeah, if Vision goes intangible, it becomes a very boring waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He was plenty powerful in Civil War. Useless perhaps, but not weak.

Wanda smashed him deep into the earth with no lasting damage. A bus split harmlessly in half against his body. He knocked an airport tower down in one shot. He one shot War Machine.
    Bad writing or not, he was struggling against Corvus Glaive (even thought i know that Corvus stabbed him from behind first which make him unable to fight at his 100%) someone who Black Widow and Okoye humilliated

I really don't recall anything great from him after AoU

Bad writing or not, he was struggling against Corvus Glaive (even thought i know that Corvus stabbed him from behind first which make him unable to fight at his 100%) someone who Black Widow and Okoye humilliated

The feats I just mentioned were all after AoU. Yes, he was still mostly useless in terms of what he accomplished, but he was clearly one of the most powerful supers on earth at that point.

Also, getting literally stabbed in the back by a plot device weapon that can bypass your defenses will absolutely hinder how "great" your following performance will look. It was a serious injury and a total surprise at that.
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They didn't fight Corvus.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    They didn't fight Corvus.
    They fought Proxima, and were about even iirc. Only for Wanda to TK her into the shredder.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    They fought Proxima, and were about even iirc. Only for Wanda to TK her into the shredder.
    Even-ish. Proxima had to work at it, but by the end she had them both soundly defeated before Wanda intervened.
    - big_adventure