Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the weird Mojo/Shadow King mashup on that last page. Did the artist get some bad research, and get the two conflated?

On the other hand, Exodus *and* Selene *and* Sinister answered the call? Yikes. The Cotati (and anyone else that gets in their way) are toast!

Given that they've just pointed out that telepathy doesn't work on the plants (or on the old ladies of Hordeculture), I'm not sure what the Cuckoos think they are going to do (and why only three of the five bothered to show up...).
    They are probably there to feed Krakoa with psyonic energy so that the island can counteract cotati plants.

Yeah, I don't get the weird Mojo/Shadow King mashup on that last page. Did the artist get some bad research, and get the two conflated?

On the other hand, Exodus *and* Selene *and* Sinister answered the call? Yikes. The Cotati (and anyone else that gets in their way) are toast!

Given that they've just pointed out that telepathy doesn't work on the plants (or on the old ladies of Hordeculture), I'm not sure what the Cuckoos think they are going to do (and why only three of the five bothered to show up...).
    See the last Astonishing X-Men run for the Shadow King's spider legs and general spider-related imagery.

The psychics are there to empower/feed the Krakoa roots that are coming from the gate.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

It would be nice to have a magazine explaining the motivation of certain villains ... some dialogues, and jokes about their achievements in the past

By the cover of issue 3, all 5 cuckoos are there.

I really loved this issue! Super enjoyable and I dig Hordeculture so much. Hope they stick around for awhile.

Extraordinary Member

This issue is a turn-your-brain-off action romp. It's all about the fact pace and constant jokes. Magik'd dialogue is off , the demons are just there for spectacle, even the 'this is immune to psionic powers' line makes no sense because there were no psionic powers being used, but it's not supposed to make sense since it's supposed to be as stupid as plants vs zombies sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Since we usually never see them in groups of 5 on Krakoa, I've always thought that the other two go around the island and do multiple tasks by themselves when a "Three in One Formation" is deployed somewhere. I'd expect the black dress Cuckoo to be there for important stuff though.

That said, I do hope they all appear in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Since we usually never see them in groups of 5 on Krakoa, I've always thought that the other two go around the island and do multiple tasks by themselves when a "Three in One Formation" is deployed somewhere. I'd expect the black dress Cuckoo to be there for important stuff though.

That said, I do hope they all appear in this.
    Weird. I feel like we've seen them quite a bit as a quintet since Dawn of X started. We just got that in Cable, Wolverine and their last appearance in Maraurders

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Weird. I feel like we've seen them quite a bit as a quintet since Dawn of X started. We just got that in Cable, Wolverine and their last appearance in Maraurders
    Weren't they mostly in groups of 3 in Marauders? And I think they were 3 in both their HoX appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Weren't they mostly in groups of 3 in Marauders? And I think they were 3 in both their HoX appearances.
    They first appear in Maraurders as 5 in #2. My bad as I just checked and yeah it was 3 in #9.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They first appear in Maraurders as 5 in #2. My bad as I just checked and yeah it was 3 in #9.
    Oh yeah the convo with Emma. Last issue on the UFO they were 5 though so you might be right.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That’d be an interesting team

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    That’d be an interesting team
    If it weren't for Dani it's so white it'd look like a Trump rally

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    If it weren't for Dani it's so white it'd look like a Trump rally
    Monet's not white (at least not in this series)

As I said in another thread, switch out Quentin for Sunspot, and it would be a definite buy for me.