Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

This Book was VERY GOOD.

Funny how Empyre: X-Men tie in. Is A LOT better than the actual Event. LOL.

Anyway, I’d wish Magik laid more of a smack down on the Whoreculture. I LOVE the ending of this Book. And I like Mini Black Tom Cassidy. Everything in this book I really enjoyed.

Yeah, I didn't *hate* Hordeculture as much as most of you when they debuted, but this issue they were unbearable. The Golden Girls they are not.

I hate being such a negative Nancy. The art was lovely! LOL.
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 08-05-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    doesn't this make Black Tom Cassidy omega level?
    His powers have certainly increased and forming yourself from dirt on someone from across the planet is pretty omega...
    I thought exactly the same, but then someone else pointed out that his powers are amplified by Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    why didn't Xavier, Jean, Emma, Betsy, Cabel, Rachel and Kwannon helped as well?
    I believe this is more about story requirements, than preferences. I feel like they have huge plans with 80% villain psychics.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I hate to sound this negative, but I thought that this was one of the worst Dawn of X comics. Maybe I'm just disappointed because I liked the first so much?

Like a lot of people have said, I thought that Magik was of character.

I really enjoyed the Magik/Monet interactions in the first issue, and those were mostly absent here in my opinion.

I thought that Horduculture received a little to much panel time. But, that may be because I'm not very fond of them to begin with.
    I agree and disagree with you. I agree that Hordeculture god a bit too much panel time, but I really enjoyed them, they had a role in the story, I really hope to see more of them, I f*cking love them!!!

I agree on Magic/Monet moment and I am disappointed that they put her to sleep, before she can join all those powerful psychics, but they might change that and kickstart her brain to wake her up to join the fight!

First issue, I really loved as well, this one felt a bit chaotic, but yeah, it was good one.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    This Book was VERY GOOD.

Funny how Empyre: X-Men tie in. Is A LOT better than the actual Event. LOL.

Anyway, I’d wish Magik laid more of a smack down on the Whoreculture. I LOVE the ending of this Book. And I like Mini Black Tom Cassidy. Everything in this book I really enjoyed.
    Totally agree! Empyre: X-Men issues are much better than the actual Event. The Empyre event feels a bit unintriguing for me so far.

My personal thoughts, overall I like the issue 60/40, a bit chaotic but it was good. I didn't know that different author wrote every single page... or art or w/e. I really wanted to see what was the big plan behind Magic summoning the demons on her side... but it seems this was cut off shortly after that with entirely different panel.

I am still enjoying it so far, much better than Empyre.

I'm thinking that if an X-Man gave out a call asking for telepathy help, Selene, Sinister & Shadow King would not come running...

Oh yeah, those last few pages where Magic acted as a War Captain and summoned all available psychics, and you seeing all those powerful and overwhelming psychics step through the door, you know that you are totally f*cked up!

This last page with all of them standing at the Krakoa gate, really got me excited for the next issue, which is in 6 days!

Gratuitous cursing aside, this issue was a good reminder of how extensive Magik's abilities are. Darkchylde, her silver armor, the army of limbo demons; she has a lot of power at her disposal and wields it well. It makes sense why she was chosen to be a war captain.

What are the possible motivations for the Shadow King to be in Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    What are the possible motivations for the Shadow King to be in Krakoa?
    Sinister was one thing. Selene was another. Shadow King is a bridge too far

Yeah I'm not super psyched to see Shadow King around. I can't remember what became of him after his last encounter with X and Psylocke, but it would have been fine to have just forgotten about him as just stuck in some astral plane situation. So not technically dead and not in need of resurrection. And how would he have gotten to the top of the list anyhow?? That's what makes it less realistic honestly.

Also, I love how Mastermind (Sr.) always used his powers to make even his clothing look more chic. But then his real clothes are just rags. And on Krakoa he's still wearing the rags LOL.
    Last edited by superjosh; 08-05-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Best X-book since the return imo. I love my plant golden girls. Everytime they cure i hear "thank you for being a freeeeeeeeeiiiind"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

no more grannies ..
    no way would Shadow King be there
    Did Selene actually do something?

Maybe not quite as strong as the first issue, but I'm still loving this series even more than the majority of the monthlies. The chaotic nature of the issue didn't bother me as the story itself seems rather frantic and chaotic in nature, and I thought the art really captured that.

Monet didn't get as much of the spotlight, unfortunately, but Angel and Horticulture continued to shine -- and I thought Magik was really cool in this one, as well. She's normally someone I tend to be a bit ambivalent about.

I still say this group plus the Children of the Vault group would make for an excellent monthly team.

-Pav, who hopes Monet gets well soon...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Krakoa is for all mutants and that I guess that includes the Shadow King. Mutants are united and have finally stopped fighting each other. Which I do admit them just fighting humans and plant people (plant things?) might get old fast, but I think we have a lot of story to go with humans + technology (like nimrod, omega sentinels) vs. the mutants.

The psychic mutants came because they were summoned by a captain and as a war captain Magik has a lot of clout.

I re-read the issue for a second time and enjoyed it a bit less than the first time, but overall it was fine for what it was. Tie in stories are usually just fluff anyways. I am still interested in the next issues to see how crazy it will get.

I'm not sure how to feel about Angel. On one hand he lacks showers. On the other...:

As a Magik fan, this book was awesome.
    >The art was gorgeous! We need more of this guy on a regular basis.
    >Magik in her classic silver armour wielding her almost classic soul sword! <3
    >The cursing seems a bit out of Illyana's character but I'll roll with it. I'd prefer PeMance and Magik to both be cold, sarcastic bitches playing off each other.
    >I could have done without the Geriatric Gardeners but seeing Magik snap and send deserving people to Limbo makes my day.
    >The alien spaceship seed pod is impervious to psionics... but Magik's teleportation and magic aren't psionic-based.
    >Black Tom continues to be a wonderfully twisted take on the character, and the Little Tom was so cute.
    >Explodey Boy didn't explode. Maybe next issue.
    >As others pointed out, the chaotic nature of the plot seems chaotic from a narrative perspective, too. I expect to see those summoned demons slaughtering plants and zombies next issue.
    >The Shadow King? Would Charles really? If Moira can veto Destiny and precogs, then surely Charles can veto SK.
    >Looking forward to next issue even if that idiot QQ is in it.

Favourite panels...
    Too many to mention! This Magik fan is very happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'