Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I thought Exodus powers is telekinetic and not telepathic?
    You thought wrong, Exodus has had psychic battles with Jean, Emma, Cable & Xavier on separate occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I thought Exodus powers is telekinetic and not telepathic?
    He is an omega telekinetic but also a telepath, just like Jean Grey is an omega telepath but also a telekinetic. He also has a lot of other powers.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Also Jason Wyngarde is playing happy families with his 3 daughters on Krakoa
    We don't know for sure if Martinique is on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I think this idea of one writer going crazier that the other is good on paper, but this issue looked messy.

Duggan clearly wanted Magik's demons from limbo to be a big part in the next section, but Ben dropped it and they never showed again. Then Ben brought the big plant Cotati thing with Explodey boy, but Leah made it less important, and just an opportunity to show the X-men in chaos and to bring the telepaths to show more crazy stuff. Let's see what Brisson will make of it.

At least Hickman will finish this, and I trust him with the story, since the first issue was much better.
    You’re so right. At least the writers seem like they’re having fun with this tie-in that they were probably mandated to write.

As much as I hate Hordeculture... I kind of loved this issue. I'm surprised so many seem disappointed. I thought the ramping up of chaos was well-done. I enjoyed Magik in action quite a bit here. She was named a captain so it was good to see her take charge. I haven't read a lot of pre-HoxPox/Dawn of X X-Men titles that she was featured in, so I don't totally know her personality, but I understand if some thought she wasn't totally written like herself.

The only thing I didn't like was Horedeculture again getting the upper hand so easily. Warren has a lifetime of experience and super fast reflexes, but he's taken out so easily... with a spray bottle.

This is kind of too self-consciously zany for its own good, but at least the X-staff were clearly able to use this to to thrash out their collaboration a bit ahead of X Of Swords.

The Little Tom moment was entertaining. I love it when characters pull off ridiculously complex and creative feats with their powers.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    We don't know for sure if Martinique is on Krakoa.
    In my head canon Martinique is not on Krakoa. She's working with S.H.I.E.L.D. Marti while not ashamed of being a mutant doesn't do the whole assimilation thing. Course the Marvel writers can prove me wrong any time
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Incredible Member

The Shadow King may have once been a telepathic parasite, but it was bonded to Amahl Farouk for so long that they are the same person. Just see how the Shadow King refers to himself in True Friends, or the Muir Island saga and its buildup. They were also referred to as the same being in that Storm miniseries that was set in Wakanda where he possessed Cyclops. You really just have to assume that the only one reigning him in is the only one who can: Apocalypse. He did it in the Age of Apocalypse and I'm sure he can do it here.

I surprised myself and enjoyed the issue. I find these tie-in minis to be light and fun and usually aren't too deep and usually they aren't taken seriously. I didn't notice anything off about Magik but to be honest she's never been a main favorite of mine. I don't think I'd notice if she seemed off. For me she's a character that is just kinda there.

I liked her being a war captain, I always enjoy Angel being used though being controlled could be annoying, the "himbo" line from X-twitter was next level cringe but at the same time it was almost expected.

I don't mind Hordeculture. I didn't like them on the first read of X-men 3 but I've come to accept them now.

I love psionic mutants so I enjoyed the last page reveal.

this issue hurt my head. Very nice art, everything else muddled. Hoping it picks up next time

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Magik's characterization was off in the first two sections. The plot was a little too much for me, the writers were pretty clearly trying to keep getting bigger and more chaotic and it's not as entertaining as they think it is. Werneck's art was the highlight, everyone looked gorgeous.
    Yeah it sounded cool at first but it feels like this is going to get dumber as it goes on. The first issue was amazing though

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The Little Tom moment was entertaining. I love it when characters pull off ridiculously complex and creative feats with their powers.
    yea that was cute and also shady towards angel being dirty lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    In my head canon Martinique is not on Krakoa. She's working with S.H.I.E.L.D. Marti while not ashamed of being a mutant doesn't do the whole assimilation thing. Course the Marvel writers can prove me wrong any time
    wouldn't assimilation be integrating into human society?

Fantastic Member

I really don't want to see Hordeculture again. Just yuck.

What a group at the end. Shadow King, Selene, and Sinister ...that's not an X-Men group you'd ever think. Throw in the Masterminds and Exodus? Guess old man Mastermind actually got brought back?

I really wish if these resurrections happened we got something out of it. He needs at least some interaction with his daughter there.