Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Deadpool #6 spoilers

I haven't been keeping up with Deadpool, so him being king of Staten Island and having a bunch of monster buddies was all new info to me.

Wade discovers that one of his royal subjects is a mutant named Jelby. He plans to sneak into Krakoa by hiding inside Jelby's body, hoping that his dear old pals the x-men will reward him with his own krakoan gate and a cure for his cancer. He apparently attempted to contact Rogue several times, but never received a response because she was stuck in her magical coma in Excalibur.

Wade, Jelby, and Jeff the land-shark pass through the gate and are taken to meet Emma in the Quiet Council chamber. Emma informs him that his cancer can't be cured, and refuses to give him his own gate or a permanent residence, fearing that his recklessness will destroy Krakoa. However, Emma was convinced by Rogue to allow Wade occasional visits. An angry Wade storms off and tries to steal a Krakoan flower.

The "fascist" X-men attempt to stop him and a giant fight ensues until Rogue shows up to calm Wade down. She apologizes to him and offers a flower, but he refuses to accept her pity and is teleported home by Magik. Jelby betrays Deadpool and stays behind to become a citizen of Krakoa. Back on Staten Island, Deadpool creates a new law banning all mutants from his kingdom and Jeff barfs up a Krakoan flower, setting up Cable #3.

Utterly pointless.

I suppose its pretty in character for Deadpool to be a petulant child at times? Was there anything special about that specific flower? Cause there are lots. Like, was it one of the miracle cures or was it a gate?

The miracle cure for Krakoa! Can cure anything except anything important to any ongoing story or character.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I suppose its pretty in character for Deadpool to be a petulant child at times? Was there anything special about that specific flower? Cause there are lots. Like, was it one of the miracle cures or was it a gate?

The miracle cure for Krakoa! Can cure anything except anything important to any ongoing story or character.
    I am almost certain it was a portal flower.

Krakoa doesn't have the cure for cancer, Deadpool should try to get Black Panther to give him the one Wakanda has.

Incredible Member

A Nothingburger.

I didn't like it. X-Men braking Wade's nose or attacking and stabbing him for no real reason were stupid. Sad for Wade.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 08-05-2020 at 12:26 PM.

It was fun as a light comedy, though ultimately just amounted to Deadpool being his usual petulant childish self. Definitely no major friendship between Wade and the mutants left now, even Rogue, as he blows off their offer of "pity" and makes a show of making his Monster island exclusionist of the mutants in a sad attempt at retaliation we know he won't really stand by. Basically Wade got his feelings hurt. But Jeff was cute.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Utterly pointless.
    Utterly pointless comment...
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Utterly pointless comment...
    Why is my opinion pointless? Because I'm female? How dare you.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Utterly pointless.
    If this is still Kelly Thompson's DP, then I didn't expect anything more. All you had to do is look how she handled Deadpool in that Rogue x Gambit story she had.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    If this is still Kelly Thompson's DP, then I didn't expect anything more. All you had to do is look how she handled Deadpool in that Rogue x Gambit story she had.
    Yes, it was the same writer.
    Magik getting stab happy upon seeing Deadpool and Storm getting attacked by a shark wasn't humorous, it was just stupid.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yes, it was the same writer.
    Magik getting stab happy upon seeing Deadpool and Storm getting attacked by a shark wasn't humorous, it was just stupid.
    Sounds like it, and I am over writers dumbing Deadpool down into stupid. He has his antics, but I want him as a serious character the way Duggan, Bunn, and Joel Kelly had him.

So like many things, I'm just waiting on this end & something good to happen.

The last DP writer left LOTS to be desired, but least they did do some good when they brought back Ellie. I did enjoy those 3 issues which is still better than KT right now. She needs to stay with Rogue x Gambit she loves so much & leave DP alone as she hasn't done anything good for him yet.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-05-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

Technically they have a "super antibiotic drug for humans". Perhaps they have a mutant version of the one that "cures diseases of the mind" which Wade would likely benefit from.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

But when was the last time we saw a character have a bacterial infection? I can't even remember it.

I mean, in real life that would save millions of lives, of course, but almost always when there are illnesses in comics for drama it is cancer.

I have not liked anything Kelly Thompson writes for a while. Everything looks like a bad parody of snarky comments people do on the Internet. And I can't with these "cute pets" characters and how everyone reacts to them. Urgh!