Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

So... no one's going to talk about Jeff being a chick magnet ?
    Seriously, Magik, Emma and Armor all think he's cute - and the only reason Polaris and Storm don't like him is because he bit them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Sage used their radar system in X-Force and she took 3 seconds to find Wade and intercept him. Usually real world countries do not have the inconvenience of terrorists wearing their citizens skin or people walking inside one of their citizens. They also don't usually deal with Pym particles.
    Ok. In Marvel countries have to worry about Magneto destroying their capacity to power anything with electricity at a moment's notice or being taken over by Ultron armies. Pym Particles have been a staple in Marvel for a long, long time.

Marvel Universe United States do not scream perfect security either, how many times have they had aliens invade New York or their superhuman prisons blown up? You can't really think of a country security in the MU like you do with a real world country.
    They have superior track records to Genosha, New York City gets a super-human terrorist attack every other week and they're still standing Genosha was destroyed in a single sweep by rogue Sentinels. New York City also survived when Onslaught took over the Sentinels. But Krakao can do that while also retaining real world options, this mutant militia thing has far too many gaps in it.

And are you kidding me with the safe mansion thing? The mansion has been blown up, invaded, infiltrated and sent to Limbo or worse during the years. It was a mess of security.
    Over the years, not every few weeks. The X-men sent it to Limbo on purpose. Krakoa has had two of those already and it's been how long? A few months? How long it gets blown up? Krakao itself is not as good a security system as it should be, it didn't have this trouble back in Giant Sized X-men. It was an army unto itself.

I'm going to be pedantic for a moment.

There are hundreds of different types of cancer, cancer is a generic term that encompasses many different types of diseases. Krakoa may have developed drugs that are effective for certain types of cancer but are useless against others.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    we literaly have a data page of a human in mauraders quiting his spying job because the drugs cured a cancer ridden family member
    Is issue #11 out? Last I read in Marauders 5 the agent had his mother take the medicine for mental health;she could not remember him for the last 2 years till that point and yes she was not given long to live by doctors but she made a full recovery and it was not stated to be cancer.Also he didn't quit he said 'I'll be taking some vacation time in the coming days to spend time with my family.I am not compromised by my mom's recovery,but that is probably not for me to decide.Let me know if I should clear out my desk'

It is not stated to be cancer,though I will say this maybe because they can't resurrect Kitty ,they also may not be able to cure Deadpool to the best of their knowledge. If that is the get out the writers have fine.

At this point though,I still say it is pretty jaw dropping that with all the abilities at their disposal they cant

However, Norman Osborn developed a cure for cancer in Dark Reign in order to kill Deadpool, since in theory without his cancer his healing factor would kill him (as it did with the skrull who stole his healing factor in Secret Invasion).

So, even if Krakoa had the cure for cancer, that would kill Deadpool.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    However, Norman Osborn developed a cure for cancer in Dark Reign in order to kill Deadpool, since in theory without his cancer his healing factor would kill him (as it did with the skrull who stole his healing factor in Secret Invasion).

Well the counterargument to that is take his healing factor and then cure him,however we know Krakoa probably would not engage in stripping someone of their powers if they could be useful.I guess if Deadpool was not depicted as insane he could indeed choose for himself if he was given that option.At this point his own choice is up for debate,if it is in self interest or purely insane

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Ok. In Marvel countries have to worry about Magneto destroying their capacity to power anything with electricity at a moment's notice or being taken over by Ultron armies. Pym Particles have been a staple in Marvel for a long, long time.

They have superior track records to Genosha, New York City gets a super-human terrorist attack every other week and they're still standing Genosha was destroyed in a single sweep by rogue Sentinels. New York City also survived when Onslaught took over the Sentinels. But Krakoa can do that while also retaining real world options, this mutant militia thing has far too many gaps in it.
    Well duh, they have a thousand superhero teams in the US, much more resources and some of the world smartest people living there. But security breaches still happen there too, just look at the mess that was Secret Empire, or how easily Xorneto took control of New York, that should tell you how much better than Krakoa they are. All those instances show that the US is not far ahead of Krakoa as far as security goes.
    They aren't good at preventing attacks from happening, they have just good counter measures being a nation full of superheroes (and it's not like they have a zero casualties track record either). Krakoa hasn't deployed bad counter measures either.

Also in refering to New York you can't overlook the fact that they can't have New York disappear from their map with all those civilians in a comicbook lol.

Over the years, not every few weeks. The X-men sent it to Limbo on purpose. Krakoa has had two of those already and it's been how long? A few months? How long it gets blown up? Krakao itself is not as good a security system as it should be, it didn't have this trouble back in Giant Sized X-men. It was an army unto itself.
    No, they were sucked into Limbo in Quest for Magik. The school wasn't safe, at one point it got destroyed and/or invaded almost every week for real.

And it's a school, it's fairly obvious that it's easier to manage than a whole ass country.

So what we know so far is that Krakoa had breaches and terrorist attacks, just like your average day in the MU United States (except Krakoa is a much younger nation), but they were quick to solve or adjust to all them, except for Hordeculture which isn't something you can really predict. They got around Pym Particles, terrorist attack, Deadpool, Brood Invasion and they're about to repel a Zombie Invasion courtesy of The Pretender. It's a pretty good track record.

We know that they do telepathic probes to everything that comes near the island as of Marauders, they have the the portals detection system, the Black Tom monitoring system, Sleeping Giant which includes Sage (who caught Wade immediatelly as he step into the island), they deploy a daily EMP around the island which kills any tech, and the portals allow to deploy resources pretty fast too, just like we saw in Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Well duh, they have a thousand superhero teams in the US, much more resources and some of the world smartest people living there. But security breaches still happen there too, just look at the mess that was Secret Empire, or how easily Xorneto took control of New York, that should tell you how much better than Krakoa they are. All those instances show that the US is not far ahead of Krakoa as far as security goes.
    They aren't good at preventing attacks from happening, they have just good counter measures being a nation full of superheroes (and it's not like they have a zero casualties track record either). Krakoa hasn't deployed bad counter measures either.

Also in refering to New York you can't overlook the fact that they can't have New York disappear from their map with all those civilians in a comicbook lol.

No, they were sucked into Limbo in Quest for Magik. The school wasn't safe, at one point it got destroyed and/or invaded almost every week for real.

And it's a school, it's fairly obvious that it's easier to manage than a whole ass country.

So what we know so far is that Krakoa had breaches and terrorist attacks, just like your average day in the MU United States (except Krakoa is a much younger nation), but they were quick to solve or adjust to all them, except for Hordeculture which isn't something you can really predict. They got around Pym Particles, terrorist attack, Deadpool, Brood Invasion and they're about to repel a Zombie Invasion courtesy of The Pretender. It's a pretty good track record.

We know that they do telepathic probes to everything that comes near the island as of Marauders, they have the the portals detection system, the Black Tom monitoring system, Sleeping Giant which includes Sage (who caught Wade immediatelly as he step into the island), they deploy a daily EMP around the island which kills any tech, and the portals allow to deploy resources pretty fast too, just like we saw in Empyre.
    They also had the Fantastic Four attacking them in F4/X
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

A small place is more difficult to infiltrate than an entire island, but a small place is also much easier to destroy. You only need a powerful bomb to destroy the school, to destroy Krakoa you need much more.

In addition, they now have many more mutants and different powersets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    we literaly have a data page of a human in mauraders quiting his spying job because the drugs cured a cancer ridden family member
    to be fair, I skip alot of the data pages too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

If Krakoa wanted to kill Deadpool they wouldn't need the cure for cancer. But they do have members who would team up with Norman for the right price, and the Hand and HYDRA, as well. Gorgon belongs to both of those organisations, it's likely a matter of when, not if, he'll get them involved with Krakoa.

A small place is more difficult to infiltrate than an entire island, but a small place is also much easier to destroy. You only need a powerful bomb to destroy the school, to destroy Krakoa you need much more.

In addition, they now have many more mutants and different powersets.
    True, but the mansion so far has been able to survive longer than any mutant nation.

They had numerous mutants in the X-men with different power sets, and numerous allied mutant teams with this same thing. They also did this without the danger of their own turning against them because they're known for personally torturing and killing X-men because they got between them torturing and killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And it's still safer than the mansion was. I could live with 4 or 5 people attacking at a time once and awhile and being revived and then building from that knowledge as oppose to every regular hateful human, their mama, their grandmama, and the government parking on the lawn of the mansion and attacking. I mean hasn't even avengers mansion been blown up MANY times by the enemy?
    It probably got blown up and rebuilt more times than the X-Mansion since 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I haven’t read Deadpool properly in years. I think the last time I read it regularly was... Fabian’s Cable/Deadpool? I was entertained. Enjoyed it even.
    Same. I definitely laughed at a number of parts and thought this was a fun, if silly, story.

How long until Marvel gives Jeff the shark his own mini?

Marvel's too busy making minis like Worst X-Man Ever dedicated to entirely brand new characters they'll never use again to make anything else.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)