Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

In some ways it is much easier to get access to a country than a mansion. Think about it. One person can sit in the middle of a mansion and have the chance to hear a door open, a window get busted, or Santa drop in through the chimney. One person can sit in the middle of a country and never hear another person; nevertheless someone swim onto their shores, fly in, or drive in. Thousands of people come into countries a day by land, sea, and air without anyone knowing. Add powers like teleportation, personal flight, cloaking, darkforce, shapeshifting, psionics, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Morrison run people where trying to attack the mansion, operation zero tolerance, the kids being blown up on the buses, i could go on and on. America experienced 9'11 and the trump administration so countries definitely get attacked quite often.
    In all the various storylines Morrison had that only occurred in "Riot at Xavier's." As I said, OZT was an event that wasn't business as usual. They took the X-men apart on multiple fronts, it wasn't just at the mansion. Those are just recent examples of things countries have endured, and Krakoa instead relies on militias rather than professional armies. Do they even have radar? Because Genosha didn't - something most countries have because monitoring air space is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In all the various storylines Morrison had that only occurred in "Riot at Xavier's." As I said, OZT was an event that wasn't business as usual. They took the X-men apart on multiple fronts, it wasn't just at the mansion. Those are just recent examples of things countries have endured, and Krakoa instead relies on militias rather than professional armies. Do they even have radar? Because Genosha didn't - something most countries have because monitoring air space is important.
    They do, that's how sage knew people where flying in. She just couldn't account for human's being sick enough to strip off mutant skin and graft it to their own body. I'm glad mutant minds don't think that sickly. It never would have crossed my mind that a human could be so sick they would graft the skin of another living being on to their own skin. But then i guess there are fur coats and alligator shoes so i and they should think they would.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

um ... wolverines first arc has a girl dying of cancer, so does the person spying on the mauraders in the data pages, both were healed by the drugs that are sold legaly to pretty much every country except a few.
    Its really silly that thomsom could make a reference to excalibur but not make a basic reading of early issues of dox

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    um ... wolverines first arc has a girl dying of cancer, so does the person spying on the mauraders in the data pages, both were healed by the drugs that are sold legaly to pretty much every country except a few.
    Its really silly that thomsom could make a reference to excalibur but not make a basic reading of early issues of dox
    to be fair maybe emma was just lying she does that more often than not.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

They have Black Tom he is their radar system.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But when was the last time we saw a character have a bacterial infection? I can't even remember it.

I mean, in real life that would save millions of lives, of course, but almost always when there are illnesses in comics for drama it is cancer.
    I didn't read the issue but surmise that he is told he can't be cured by Krakoa.At this point it is so implausible it's bordering on ridiculous.Like ok we assume an Omega like Elixir can't cure it,Beast can't,Sage can't, Forge who can create Cerebro with off world subparts can't, and even X-Men having a chilling spot on Chandillar can create a shiar golem to fake a death but can't ask Shiar for cancer technology or come up with alien cure? Like so Krakoa can extend human lives and treat human diseases and keep mental health optimal but can't cure cancer of one of their own? I don't think Krakoa should feel so special in curing basic infectious diseases in humans when they can't cure their own.It makes their whole 'gift' look truly pointless

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    to be fair maybe emma was just lying she does that more often than not.
    But even then, mutants sell their drugs to human nations, so Deadpool should just be able to walk to the nearest pharmacy and check if the cancer cure is available for purchase there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    But even then, mutants sell their drugs to human nations, so Deadpool should just be able to walk to the nearest pharmacy and check if the cancer cure is available for purchase there.
    I don't think Krakoan drugs cure cancer, I think it would have been mentioned specifically after all it was Xavier's PR ploy ,to not say he helps the world cure cancer for some quid pro quo is strange.All we can go by is the girl in Wolverine being cured, maybe she is better but not fully cured.I don't know. My only hope is Emma lied to Deadpool,otherwise this looks real bad for Xavier

Sage used their radar system in X-Force and she took 3 seconds to find Wade and intercept him. Usually real world countries do not have the inconvenience of terrorists wearing their citizens skin or people walking inside one of their citizens. They also don't usually deal with Pym particles.

Marvel Universe United States do not scream perfect security either, how many times have they had aliens invade New York or their superhuman prisons blown up? You can't really think of a country security in the MU like you do with a real world country.

And are you kidding me with the safe mansion thing? The mansion has been blown up, invaded, infiltrated and sent to Limbo or worse during the years. It was a mess of security.
    Last edited by Veitha; 08-05-2020 at 11:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't think Krakoan drugs cure cancer, I think it would have been mentioned specifically after all it was Xavier's PR ploy ,to not say he helps the world cure cancer for some quid pro quo is strange.All we can go by is the girl in Wolverine being cured, maybe she is better but not fully cured.I don't know. My only hope is Emma lied to Deadpool,otherwise this looks real bad for Xavier
    we literaly have a data page of a human in mauraders quiting his spying job because the drugs cured a cancer ridden family member

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

we literaly have a data page of a human in mauraders quiting his spying job because the drugs cured a cancer ridden family member
    Looks like Thompson made an oopsy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Looks like Thompson made an oopsy
    wich is highlighted by the fact that she had the time to reference specific events to excalibur but not about the drugs that are an essential worldbuilding point for this new status quo.

Cancer isn't a single disease nor is there one treatment for every type. There could very well be treatment for certain types of cancer, maybe not for full blown metastatic cancer. That and its one thing the MU Editors don't lying straying too much from real life.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

wich is highlighted by the fact that she had the time to reference specific events to excalibur but not about the drugs that are an essential worldbuilding point for this new status quo.
    But my question is, is Deadpool really part of Dawn of X?

It doesn't seem like it; so I wonder if you can just skip it and I don't think it is ever referenced in the reading orders