Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I haven’t read Deadpool properly in years. I think the last time I read it regularly was... Fabian’s Cable/Deadpool? I was entertained. Enjoyed it even.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I didn't like it. X-Men braking Wade's nose or attacking and stabbing him for no real reason were stupid. Sad for Wade.
    Trespassers on sovereign land usually get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Trespassers on sovereign land usually get shot.
    Ok, Trump supporter, no one is taking your gun away, settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Ok, Trump supporter, no one is taking your gun away, settle down.
    I want to know your thought process from reading my comment to posting what you posted. I would really pay two times the cover price of this issue to find out.

I want to know your thought process from reading my comment to posting what you posted. I would really pay two times the cover price of this issue to find out.
    Well, tough, I'm not telling you anything!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Isn't Elixir an omega level biological manipulator? You telling me he can't cure cancer?

I've never been very interesting in Deadpool. This issue highlighted that disinterest tremendously.
    Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    So I decided to buy and read this one, because I saw no red flags on treatment of Polaris and the content I saw of her looked like it treated her well. That makes the current comic purchase-and-read rate for me out of Marvel at 1-3 issues every 2 years. Last time I bought and read anything was a few issues of the Uncanny X-Men event in 2018.

Some of what I say may involve things already explained and understood elsewhere, so just be aware I may not have read a thing that explains the thing. I'm also hardly an expert on Emma, Wolverine, etc, so something that I feel one way about may be fine to their fans.

Overall, I felt it was an alright issue. Beginning felt kind of meh. Got more interesting as it went on.

Deadpool referencing the films was kinda cool. Deadpool coming in through Jelby exposes an interesting loophole of characters sneaking in from inside mutants and my first thought is it implies Ant-Man tech could be used to invade the island.

At first I thought the team was called an alpha team because it would be a team comprised of characters considered alpha level. But then Storm showed up, so it must mean something else. Frankly, I'd have preferred if Polaris was part of an ongoing with this group, focused on responding to security threats sort of like a "homeland security" detail.

All the characters posing with their powers seems silly, which I know is the point and definitely fits the comedic parody angle sought here. Just imagining this group showing up, standing completely still and flexing their powers like that.

In my head, the way Magik and Emma talk about Jeff the Land-shark feels off to me. Like it's strange to talk about keeping him like a pet or turning him into a handbag, given what mutants have gone through. Yes, I know it's also part of the playful joking tone, still feels weird even with that. Maybe fans of the characters think it perfectly fits them though.

I did very much like Lorna's dialogue in this issue, especially the line where she said she brings her own metal. It follows what a lot of fans have said of thinking Lorna should bring her own metal wherever she goes as weaponry, possibly even using her headgear for the job.

I'm not sure if Lorna knowing Wade's name is just "he's a known name" or more like "she has unseen history with him so they're on familiar terms." Only Deadpool-tied thing I can remember for Lorna is Deadpool and the Mercs for Money. Wade liking that Jeff bit Lorna was an amusing touch.

The fake letters pages at the end were a cool idea too.

All in all, I think this issue was worth the cost and read.
    Alpha team is more like a defense team which responds to any Krakoa invaders, usually the closest mutants to that location gather to that gate or shore to protect Krakoa, it is a Defensive team and anyone can be part of it, depending on who is nearby. And then the Beta team joins if things get hot and the Alpha team is having troubles. Pretty much what happened when Fantastic Four invaded Krakoa, they were immediately attacked by Alpha and Beta team, and then followed even beyond Krakoa's borders for espionage.

Furthermore, if you want to see more of Polaris, you should check X-Factor, she is part of the main team there.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Alpha team is more like a defense team which responds to any Krakoa invaders, usually the closest mutants to that location gather to that gate or shore to protect Krakoa, it is a Defensive team and anyone can be part of it, depending on who is nearby. And then the Beta team joins if things get hot and the Alpha team is having troubles. Pretty much what happened when Fantastic Four invaded Krakoa, they were immediately attacked by Alpha and Beta team, and then followed even beyond Krakoa's borders for espionage.

Furthermore, if you want to see more of Polaris, you should check X-Factor, she is part of the main team there.
    Thanks for the explanation of alpha and beta teams.

I don't support Lorna being on X-Factor. If she shows up on Empyre, and she's treated well there, I might get the issue she's in. Or the whole thing if she's treated significantly well (e.g. if she has a role where her history with Genosha is not only acknowledged but hugely important).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    He can also regrow body parts and yet Hellion had robo hands for years. Its a thing.
    Sad but true...i think he still has robo hands.

I got a good chuckle out of this, felt Deadpool despite being who he is can show that he can hold is own in a fight...really like Jeff the land Shark both as a fighter and a trickster for pulling a fast one on the X-men, hope nothing bad happens to him and we see him grow up. I wonder if something is going to happen between him and Elsa, will she survive and be added to his list of ladies who don't care he looks like something out of a sewer or just stay friends. Also i wonder if his ex wife will show up at some point.

Finally, this issue just further proof Krakoa will end, why? Because they really, really have shitty ass security. How many damn times do they have to get invaded before they fix that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Finally, this issue just further proof Krakoa will end, why? Because they really, really have shitty ass security. How many damn times do they have to get invaded before they fix that!?
    Finally, this issue just further proof Earth will end, why? Because they really, really have shitty ass security. How many damn times do they have to get invaded before they fix that!?

Finally, this issue just further proof Earth will end, why? Because they really, really have shitty ass security. How many damn times do they have to get invaded before they fix that!?
    And it's still safer than the mansion was. I could live with 4 or 5 people attacking at a time once and awhile and being revived and then building from that knowledge as oppose to every regular hateful human, their mama, their grandmama, and the government parking on the lawn of the mansion and attacking. I mean hasn't even avengers mansion been blown up MANY times by the enemy?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The sooner people accept Krakoa's end the softer the blow will be when it happens.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 08-05-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And it's still safer than the mansion was. I could live with 4 or 5 people attacking at a time once and awhile and being revived and then building from that knowledge as oppose to every regular hateful human, their mama, their grandmama, and the government parking on the lawn of the mansion and attacking. I mean hasn't even avengers mansion been blown up MANY times by the enemy?
    No, it isn't. The mansion wasn't getting destroyed or attacked every other week. Operation: Zero Tolerance was an event, despite the fact the X-men were "outlaws." Everyone knows where they live and nothing happens the majority of the time. Have you read the X-men when they were at the mansion? Also not a problem in the mansion: getting their body hijacked by Sinister, because he's got access to do that now.

And why is Krakoa so bad at security? They're supposed to be a country. You'd think they'd work that out after Genosha.

Morrison run people where trying to attack the mansion, operation zero tolerance, the kids being blown up on the buses, i could go on and on. America experienced 9'11 and the trump administration so countries definitely get attacked quite often.

And thats not even accounting for the wars all countries have faced in their early beginnings or attempted invasions. History.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-05-2020 at 08:17 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/