Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 131
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Deadpool and Sinister are both unstable people, but the difference is that Sinister’s work makes an important contribution to Krakoa, while Deadpool is completely useless.
    Deadpool's now a king of monsters, and is a great fighter in his own right and he's actually got a conscience unlike Sinister. Sinister's a time bomb waiting to go off that everyone knows is going to, he's just got more leverage than Sabretooth. Sinister having control of everyone's DNA is tempting fate. Krakao "trusting" Sabretooth and Sinister over Deadpool is very telling about how low their priorities have sunk.

  2. #107
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Deadpool's now a king of monsters, and is a great fighter in his own right and he's actually got a conscience unlike Sinister. Sinister's a time bomb waiting to go off that everyone knows is going to, he's just got more leverage than Sabretooth. Sinister having control of everyone's DNA is tempting fate. Krakao "trusting" Sabretooth and Sinister over Deadpool is very telling about how low their priorities have sunk.
    Jobbertooth isn't even a factor. Instead point out how they let Omega Red run loose and kill all the children he wants to. Omega Red has ALWAYS been more evil & dangerous than Sabretooth yet the latter is who they keep locked in the pit & the former is running loose.

  3. #108
    Fantastic Member Maniacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    352

    Default

    I thought this whole issue was supposed to be semi-comedy. And in the end, heís welcome to visit the island, just announced. Nonsense follows Deadpool. Thatís his thing. It would make sense for anyone to be wary of him.

    No one seems to remember he outlawed mutants on Staten Island. Thatís not the same as humans need to be invited on Krakoa. He single handedly is displacing all the mutants Remaining on Staten Island. We donít know who they are. They may not even know theyíre Not welcome in their own home.

  4. #109
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Deadpool is turning into a clown with each subsequent appearance with occasional return of his legitimate mercenary days persona when he was a dangerous unpredictable opponent who could form a taskforce to take out Logan or plan a successful diversion to catch Daredevil off guard which considering his radar senses should be impossible but he managed to sneak up on him in COC 2 due to his being distracted. It's sad to see him turn so much of a buffoon in this.

  5. #110
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Deadpool is turning into a clown with each subsequent appearance with occasional return of his legitimate mercenary days persona when he was a dangerous unpredictable opponent who could form a taskforce to take out Logan or plan a successful diversion to catch Daredevil off guard which considering his radar senses should be impossible but he managed to sneak up on him in COC 2 due to his being distracted. It's sad to see him turn so much of a buffoon in this.
    Thank Daniel Way for this. And Ryan Reynolds for capitalizing on it. As mentioned, the Joel Kelly, Deapool of old is long gone.

    Sometimes you gotta know when to fold them. Deadpool used to be one of my favorite characters. But he's been such a one-note family guy cartoon so often, with a slew of bad writers since Duggan finished that I lost all interest.

    Creed was one of my favorite characters but he's been a useless buffoon for 18 years. The inversion breathed new life into him but Pak ruined that, then Hickman & Rosenberg finished destroying him. lol

    Some characters change for the worst, it becomes mainstream, and we never get the real ones back.

  6. #111
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Thank Daniel Way for this. And Ryan Reynolds for capitalizing on it. As mentioned, the Joel Kelly, Deapool of old is long gone.

    Sometimes you gotta know when to fold them. Deadpool used to be one of my favorite characters. But he's been such a one-note family guy cartoon so often, with a slew of bad writers since Duggan finished that I lost all interest.

    Creed was one of my favorite characters but he's been a useless buffoon for 18 years. The inversion breathed new life into him but Pak ruined that, then Hickman & Rosenberg finished destroying him. lol

    Some characters change for the worst, it becomes mainstream, and we never get the real ones back.
    I would think it began with Kelly who paired him with such losers as great lake Avengers which ultimately led to the nadir of humiliation when he became a member himself due to Dan Slott and Fabian Nicieza thinking it was a good idea only for squirrel girl to kick him out literally. That's when he lost all his credibility as anything other than a joke character. His guest appearance in Gwenpool was more respectful to him than that though she did call him a meme tier character ironically.

  7. #112
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Deadpool's now a king of monsters, and is a great fighter in his own right and he's actually got a conscience unlike Sinister. Sinister's a time bomb waiting to go off that everyone knows is going to, he's just got more leverage than Sabretooth. Sinister having control of everyone's DNA is tempting fate. Krakao "trusting" Sabretooth and Sinister over Deadpool is very telling about how low their priorities have sunk.
    Having actually read the books, I can say with an absolute degree of certainty that nothing like what is in blue has ever happened.

  8. #113
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Deadpool is actually right. The X-Men have turned into fascist jerks. They act with no consideration to any of their old "non-mutant" allies who helped them in the past. Not that it has any importance, but if Spider-Man would need help from the X-Men and they acted like they did with Deadpool, I would say launching a Sentinel army against them wouldn't be enough punishment.
    so basicaly not giving people that barely helped them in the past years the time of the day and treating them with some level of bounderies for the sake of thousands of non superheroic mutants is deserving of genocide? because they wouldnt help people that never helped them? Do you know how insane that sounds lol, it sounds like some really scary reaction to basic rejection.

    Why is deadpool more important than the actual thousands of inocent people who had no place to live freely and in peace with themselves or were in situations of pure misery and torture until krakoa gave them a place to stay? he isnt even an actual ally, in uncanny x force the members didnt even want him on the team, he just decided he was a mutant and tries to get into the team but is always rejected because the xmen that arent wolverine or rogue, dont like him.

    He was given a flower and told he was welcome to visit whenever by asking someone properly, thats not rejection, thats setting up rules, he was given a similar speech from logan whenever he came to his school.

    And also literaly no one ever helps the xmen, ever, its aknowledged in universe by the characters that mutants only have themselves, to the point its more likely to get help from villains than humans, we have seen this time and time again.
    "consider their old allies" their old allies dont even consider sentinels and other extinction events that affect mutants, why should mutants care.

    the xmen really need their own universe, I get proven time and time again because aparently the rest of the marvel universe is entitled to the xmen remaining some sort of sad underdogs that sometimes show up to be kicked around.
    Last edited by Ferro; 08-08-2020 at 02:52 AM.

  9. #114
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    so basicaly not giving people that barely helped them in the past years the time of the day and treating them with some level of bounderies for the sake of thousands of non superheroic mutants is deserving of genocide? because they wouldnt help people that never helped them? Do you know how insane that sounds lol, it sounds like some really scary reaction to basic rejection.
    You say that like the X-men or Krakoa have been friendly with their former allies, when they've done things like side with HYDRA and Norman Osborn when the Avengers are fighting them, destroyed Wakanda, and have welcomed numerous mutants who have killed scores of humans for the crime of being human. In Krakao the most innocent human child is worth less than mutants who try to commit genocide.

    Both sides needed to come together in peace, there is no alliance if the non-mutant side is supposed to do all the work because some humans are maniacs. Right now Krakao don't want alliances, unless they're puppets - like Jaime Braddock. Wade is the King of Monsters right now, he has his own "nation" but it's Krakao who don't want a political alliance? They don't want him because he'd speak truth they don't want to hear. He may be a nuisance but he's great at not sugar coating what's going on.

    And this is ignoring the jurisdiction mandates to of universe by editorial. May as well say the X-men supported Kang when he tried to destroy reality in Avengers Forever because they didn't show up to help the Avengers save the universe/time line.

    Why is deadpool more important than the actual thousands of inocent people who had no place to live freely and in peace with themselves or were in situations of pure misery and torture until krakoa gave them a place to stay? he isnt even an actual ally, in uncanny x force the members didnt even want him on the team, he just decided he was a mutant and tries to get into the team but is always rejected because the xmen that arent wolverine or rogue, dont like him.
    That's a straw man. Giving him access to Krakoa isn't equivalent exchange, Krkaao won't kick innocent mutants out because he goes there. They didn't do it for Sinister and he's as much as a mutant as Wade is. He's been an ally for the X-men for years, a far more consistent one than Sinister is. He's been on X-men teams before and was a partner for OG Cable for years.

    He was given a flower and told he was welcome to visit whenever by asking someone properly, thats not rejection, thats setting up rules, he was given a similar speech from logan whenever he came to his school.
    Deadpool was also told he wasn't welcome because they fear he'd destroy krakoa.



    I thought predicting the future was forbidden on Krakoa?

    And also literaly no one ever helps the xmen, ever, its aknowledged in universe by the characters that mutants only have themselves, to the point its more likely to get help from villains than humans, we have seen this time and time again.
    "consider their old allies" their old allies dont even consider sentinels and other extinction events that affect mutants, why should mutants care.
    This is another straw man, which has been amplified with krakoa when they deliberately isolate themselves from non-mutants. Read more comics, they've had numerous non-mutant allies over the years both inside and out of their books. Again, editorial jurisdiction. You don't see the X-men helping Spider-man when he needs it. Where where these friends during the Clone Saga when he was being driven mad and getting framed for murder? Nowhere. Read Onslaught, everyone helped them against Onslaught.



    That storyline went through numerous non-X titles.

    the xmen really need their own universe, I get proven time and time again because aparently the rest of the marvel universe is entitled to the xmen remaining some sort of sad underdogs that sometimes show up to be kicked around.
    They're not and won't ever be. They're underdogs like Spider-man because that's what readers want to read about. Its super-hero comics, super-heroes fighting and arguing has been a thing since Marvel began. And no, just because other super-hens don't agree with them is not "kicking them around," they hold their own.

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    You don't need a precog to know that Wade can be dangerous. And a hate crime is different than a random crime from a super villain. Just saying but I'll twirl out of this tired convo.

    Also lol at the people who agree with Deadpool and didn't get that the point of this was to poke fun at people who say what Deadpool is saying.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3,044

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You say that like the X-men or Krakoa have been friendly with their former allies, when they've done things like side with HYDRA and Norman Osborn when the Avengers are fighting them, destroyed Wakanda, and have welcomed numerous mutants who have killed scores of humans for the crime of being human. In Krakao the most innocent human child is worth less than mutants who try to commit genocide.

    Both sides needed to come together in peace, there is no alliance if the non-mutant side is supposed to do all the work because some humans are maniacs. Right now Krakao don't want alliances, unless they're puppets - like Jaime Braddock. Wade is the King of Monsters right now, he has his own "nation" but it's Krakao who don't want a political alliance? They don't want him because he'd speak truth they don't want to hear. He may be a nuisance but he's great at not sugar coating what's going on.

    And this is ignoring the jurisdiction mandates to of universe by editorial. May as well say the X-men supported Kang when he tried to destroy reality in Avengers Forever because they didn't show up to help the Avengers save the universe/time line.



    That's a straw man. Giving him access to Krakoa isn't equivalent exchange, Krkaao won't kick innocent mutants out because he goes there. They didn't do it for Sinister and he's as much as a mutant as Wade is. He's been an ally for the X-men for years, a far more consistent one than Sinister is. He's been on X-men teams before and was a partner for OG Cable for years.



    Deadpool was also told he wasn't welcome because they fear he'd destroy krakoa.



    I thought predicting the future was forbidden on Krakoa?



    This is another straw man, which has been amplified with krakoa when they deliberately isolate themselves from non-mutants. Read more comics, they've had numerous non-mutant allies over the years both inside and out of their books. Again, editorial jurisdiction. You don't see the X-men helping Spider-man when he needs it. Where where these friends during the Clone Saga when he was being driven mad and getting framed for murder? Nowhere. Read Onslaught, everyone helped them against Onslaught.



    That storyline went through numerous non-X titles.



    They're not and won't ever be. They're underdogs like Spider-man because that's what readers want to read about. Its super-hero comics, super-heroes fighting and arguing has been a thing since Marvel began. And no, just because other super-hens don't agree with them is not "kicking them around," they hold their own.
    good for you! or im so sorry that happened.
    pretty pictures tho thanks for sharing!
    Last edited by Ferro; 08-08-2020 at 04:07 AM.

  12. #117
    BANNED misty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I have second hand embarrassment from all of that.
    Why are you even on the X-Men forum if you disagree so much with everything they do? It's like self abuse.

    I think if the X-Men had let Deadpool stay, that user would definitely be on the other side of the fence writing huge paragraphs about the crimes hes committed and he's not a mutant etc
    Last edited by misty101; 08-08-2020 at 04:35 AM.

  13. #118
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    I have second hand embarrassment from all of that.
    Why are you even on the X-Men forum if you disagree so much with everything they do? It's like self abuse.

    I think if the X-Men had let Deadpool stay, that user would definitely be on the other side of the fence writing huge paragraphs about the crimes hes committed and he's not a mutant etc
    That's probably true.

  14. #119
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    If Krakoa allowed Buddha and Jesus Christ to settle on the island, Steel Inquisitor would find some way to fill in three paragraphs of how bad that decision is.

  15. #120
    BANNED misty101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If Krakoa allowed Buddha and Jesus Christ to settle on the island, Steel Inquisitor would find some way to fill in three paragraphs of how bad that decision is.
    She basically just wants a comic book where boring heroes sit around doing nothing. All the villains paid for their crimes and in jail. Justice everywhere! No drama.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •