Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Yes, it was the same writer.
    Magik getting stab happy upon seeing Deadpool and Storm getting attacked by a shark wasn't humorous, it was just stupid.
    To be fair that lil shark was ****in' everybody up lol. Even I have to admit it was kinda cute. I haven't read Deadpool in a while, but I have to say this issue was ok since I've long accepted the fact that the Deadpool of old is never coming back and he is pretty much Freakazoid at this point.

Hm KT didn't seem to rly understand Krakoa . Jelby 4 Quiet Council

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Hm KT didn't seem to rly understand Krakoa . Jelby 4 Quiet Council
    Nah, Deadpool being literally a king while calling other fascists is the kind of lack of self-awareness that I expect from him.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    To be fair that lil shark was ****in' everybody up lol. Even I have to admit it was kinda cute. I haven't read Deadpool in a while, but I have to say this issue was ok since I've long accepted the fact that the Deadpool of old is never coming back and he is pretty much Freakazoid at this point.
    how was old Deadpool?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Nah, Deadpool being literally a king while calling other fascists is the kind of lack of self-awareness that I expect from him.
    That's true , it was moreso the continuity weirdness that did it for me. Krakoan resources cant cure cancer? (they did on-panel just last week but I'll digress on that) Krakoan resources aren't accessible to the public ?

these are dumb nitpicks lol . I think I'm just salty they were framed as jerks

Isn't Elixir an omega level biological manipulator? You telling me he can't cure cancer?

I've never been very interesting in Deadpool. This issue highlighted that disinterest tremendously.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    how was old Deadpool?
    Less goofy for one. I can't say what old Deadpool would've done under the same circumstances, but I know he wouldn't have marched into Krakoa(with his misfits) with a damn crown on his head and making demands like he did.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Less goofy for one. I can't say what old Deadpool would've done under the same circumstances, but I know he wouldn't have marched into Krakoa(with his misfits) with a damn crown on his head and making demands like he did.
    From what I remember, Deadpool of old was a lot more ruthless and dark. And in many cases, he usually tried to be annoying whenever he was. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    From what I remember, Deadpool of old was a lot more ruthless and dark. And in many cases, he usually tried to be annoying whenever he was. lol
    Yeah that's the thing, I believe back in the day he was purposely being annoying to throw his opponents off their game, kinda like how Spiderman does. Nowadays he's being written as if he's truly mentally unstable on a cartoonish scale.

I'm with Wade, the X-men could have at least given him a freakin phone call about it until he literally snuckpast their gates demanding answers. And that dickishness ended up alienating one of their strongest mutate allies and the king of freaking giant monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Isn't Elixir an omega level biological manipulator? You telling me he can't cure cancer?

I've never been very interesting in Deadpool. This issue highlighted that disinterest tremendously.
    He can also regrow body parts and yet Hellion had robo hands for years. Its a thing.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm with Wade, the X-men could have at least given him a freakin phone call about it until he literally snuckpast their gates demanding answers. And that dickishness ended up alienating one of their strongest mutate allies and the king of freaking giant monsters.
    I didn't appreciate how immediately violent they were with Wade. I get he's supposed to be super annoying, but some of it felt like straight-up bullying.

BANNED

My take from this book was Deadpool being a Whiny Little %*# and butt hurt for not being invited to Krakoa.

None of it was funny. More like....Uh Ok?

Utterly pointless.
    My thoughts Exactly.

So I decided to buy and read this one, because I saw no red flags on treatment of Polaris and the content I saw of her looked like it treated her well. That makes the current comic purchase-and-read rate for me out of Marvel at 1-3 issues every 2 years. Last time I bought and read anything was a few issues of the Uncanny X-Men event in 2018.

Some of what I say may involve things already explained and understood elsewhere, so just be aware I may not have read a thing that explains the thing. I'm also hardly an expert on Emma, Wolverine, etc, so something that I feel one way about may be fine to their fans.

Overall, I felt it was an alright issue. Beginning felt kind of meh. Got more interesting as it went on.

Deadpool referencing the films was kinda cool. Deadpool coming in through Jelby exposes an interesting loophole of characters sneaking in from inside mutants and my first thought is it implies Ant-Man tech could be used to invade the island.

At first I thought the team was called an alpha team because it would be a team comprised of characters considered alpha level. But then Storm showed up, so it must mean something else. Frankly, I'd have preferred if Polaris was part of an ongoing with this group, focused on responding to security threats sort of like a "homeland security" detail.

All the characters posing with their powers seems silly, which I know is the point and definitely fits the comedic parody angle sought here. Just imagining this group showing up, standing completely still and flexing their powers like that.

In my head, the way Magik and Emma talk about Jeff the Land-shark feels off to me. Like it's strange to talk about keeping him like a pet or turning him into a handbag, given what mutants have gone through. Yes, I know it's also part of the playful joking tone, still feels weird even with that. Maybe fans of the characters think it perfectly fits them though.

I did very much like Lorna's dialogue in this issue, especially the line where she said she brings her own metal. It follows what a lot of fans have said of thinking Lorna should bring her own metal wherever she goes as weaponry, possibly even using her headgear for the job.

I'm not sure if Lorna knowing Wade's name is just "he's a known name" or more like "she has unseen history with him so they're on familiar terms." Only Deadpool-tied thing I can remember for Lorna is Deadpool and the Mercs for Money. Wade liking that Jeff bit Lorna was an amusing touch.

The fake letters pages at the end were a cool idea too.

All in all, I think this issue was worth the cost and read.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Why is my opinion pointless? Because I'm female? How dare you.
    lolz, no, nevermind . I take it back
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume