Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pick one ability

(1)You gain the ability to inflict the "Liar Liar" curse. Whoever you choose becomes completely honest and will sometimes even blurt out honest thoughts uncontrollably unbiden. This ability has unlimited range, and can even be cast on people you have only seen on TV. Only one person at a time can be so cursed, and the curse fades from one target the moment you cast it on a new target.

(2)You can decide to Benjamin Button yourself, aging in reverse. You can wait up to ten years before activating this ability, but once you do, there is no turning back, and you will eventually die once you fall below the age of viability. This reverse aging also gradually undoes any diseases that are even tangentially related to age, like most heart diseases. It doesn't affect diseases completely unrelated to age likes AIDS, however.

(3)You no longer need food, or to eliminate waste. Perfect nutrition simply appears in your bloodstream, and waste products simply vanish into nothingness. You can no longer die of waste removal related diseases like kidney failure, and indeed can donate both kidneys to science if you are so inclined. You still need to breath, but otherwise are completely biologically self-sufficient. You can still eat for pleasure.

(4)You gain the ability to spawn a 100 dollar bill in your hand once a day for the rest of your life. You lose the power if you reveal it to anyone, but so long as you keep the source of your money a secret, you effectively have a 36,500 a year source of income even if you do nothing.

#4.

Once a day, I get to hand a stranger $100. That would make me happy. Or I can put it away and retire early or gift it to my kids.

I am ok with my health and lifespan with loved ones, so I'm out on those. The lying thing is interesting but I don't like messing with other people's free will.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

With 3), it’s not just eating I’d still need to be able to do for pleasure.

I enjoy going for a “waste elimination”. I consider it ‘Me Time’.

100 bucks a day?

Make more a week than you do at some jobs, tax free.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It's not technically tax free, though the IRS would have a hell of time proving their case if you are at all cautious.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    (1)You gain the ability to inflict the "Liar Liar" curse. Whoever you choose becomes completely honest and will sometimes even blurt out honest thoughts uncontrollably unbiden. This ability has unlimited range, and can even be cast on people you have only seen on TV. Only one person at a time can be so cursed, and the curse fades from one target the moment you cast it on a new target.
    The trick would be does it work on some Primal Objective Truth, or is just what the victim THINKS is the truth? Because there's loads of stupid people that I would believe they believe the stupid things they say...

(2)You can decide to Benjamin Button yourself, aging in reverse. You can wait up to ten years before activating this ability, but once you do, there is no turning back, and you will eventually die once you fall below the age of viability. This reverse aging also gradually undoes any diseases that are even tangentially related to age, like most heart diseases. It doesn't affect diseases completely unrelated to age likes AIDS, however.
    So you're trading an unknowable amount of future time, for a guaranteed doubling your current lifespan, barring misadventure. Not great unless it Locke-s itself back around to normal aging when you get too young.

(3)You no longer need food, or to eliminate waste. Perfect nutrition simply appears in your bloodstream, and waste products simply vanish into nothingness. You can no longer die of waste removal related diseases like kidney failure, and indeed can donate both kidneys to science if you are so inclined. You still need to breath, but otherwise are completely biologically self-sufficient. You can still eat for pleasure.
    I wonder if that would mean I would lose fat-reserves until I achieved an ideal nutrient level...

(4)You gain the ability to spawn a 100 dollar bill in your hand once a day for the rest of your life. You lose the power if you reveal it to anyone, but so long as you keep the source of your money a secret, you effectively have a 36,500 a year source of income even if you do nothing.
    Well that's surprisingly useful for such a minor power.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

You no longer need food, or to eliminate waste. Perfect nutrition simply appears in your bloodstream, and waste products simply vanish into nothingness. You can no longer die of waste removal related diseases like kidney failure, and indeed can donate both kidneys to science if you are so inclined. You still need to breath, but otherwise are completely biologically self-sufficient. You can still eat for pleasure.
    This one here.

It's not technically tax free, though the IRS would have a hell of time proving their case if you are at all cautious.
    They wouldn't even notice, really. $100 a week is a rather small amount. It's in cash as well so proving that you even have it would be impossible as long as you're not stuffing them in your mattress.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

As tempting as #1 would be, I go with #4.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I'm good for money, and, while 3 is enticing, 1 would be soooooo muuuuuuuch fuuuuuuun to stick on Kellyanne Conway or one of those lying apparatchiks. And to head anything off - this is not political, her and all of the other press facemen working for the current administration in the US have been repeatedly and consistently caught on camera spouting proven baldfaced lies. Watching that not happen would be very enjoyable.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

If I weren’t retired, option one would offer me all sorts of fun and opportunities.

Options two and three don’t interest me at all.

A hundred bucks a day for life is never not going to be useful though, I’ll take that.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    They wouldn't even notice, really. $100 a week is a rather small amount. It's in cash as well so proving that you even have it would be impossible as long as you're not stuffing them in your mattress.
    Nothing changing the good of this but you know it's $100 a day, not a week? Even more to stuff under the mattress or give away!
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

3rd option is tempting but I'd rather take something at I can share more easily. Assuming the 4th option localises into GBP, this means it's also going to be two £50 notes because we haven't used £100 notes since the 40s.

So, I guess I'd give them to homeless people or something or use them on my grocery shopping or something. Give them to friends. Put them in the post to random strangers. Put them in charity collection boxes and so on. Lot you could do with just a free hundo every day.

I will not be caught short at the bar in a while. ^_^

1. It would have been great to have this power four years ago, to prevent a certain fraudulent scumbag from becoming a historically incompetent world leader, or to at least ruin his term in office. Actually, I can think of multiple world leaders who I would like to use this on. But I worry that current politics are so polarized that it wouldn't actually make a difference. No thanks.

2. I would wait the full ten years, to get the maximum life span out of it. But it would eventually cause a problem with my partner, even though she is currently 15 years younger than me. All of my friends and family would die, and then there would be the misery of going through puberty and childhood again, likely as a ward of the state. No thanks.

3. This is probably a smart choice, but I have had such great health my whole life that I tend to take it for granted. No thanks, even though I will eventually regret it.

4. This is better than it initially seems, due to the lack of taxation. I have a comfortable income now, but I have had enough setbacks in the past that I never stop worrying about money. The one potential drawback would be if we someday move to a cashless society, where all monetary transactions are conducted digitally. Policy wonks sometimes talk about this, because it would make organized crime and tax evasion difficult.

I choose 4 and someday wish that I had chosen 3.

Astonishing Member

Take the money.