Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Congratulations, seismic-2! Well-played.

Thanks Gotham Citizen and Kirby101 for the votes!
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Astonishing Member

Thanks, everyone! Thanks too to WPP for conducting the vote count, which of course this week was all over the place, given the outstanding and diverse selection of entries. Special thanks, as others have already noted, to Greg Hatcher for choosing such a fun topic. It's commonly accepted (regardless of whether it's true or not) that men more or less stopped wearing hats during the Kennedy administration because JFK himself preferred to show off his hair, but in any case it's nice to see these throwbacks to an earlier era of masculine (and feminine!) fashion. So to all the fedora wearers on all these covers, here's looking at you, kids.

I'm running a bit late today, but I'll put up a new contest in a while. Apologies in advance that it will necessarily be less entertaining than this one was!

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    here's looking at you, kids.

Astonishing Member

A new contest is now up.

Congratulations to seimic-2 for a cover which beautifully portrayed in one of his most iconic roles. Although I personally think President James Marshall is higher on the hierarchy than most others do. In any case, a fine cover.

The captain learned much about hats and rule guidelines this week and this contest's "peak of the week" will reward all of you with a MOVIE! As to how this movie came about, I got greedy and wanted to win so badly this week so I had some ficticious characters do an analysis of Indy's hat and here is the result:

As the final report indicates, Indy is indeed wearing a fedora and seismic-2's win is confirmed. Please keep in mind, this unusual competitive attitude of the captain is for the sake of having a reason to post this movie and give you all a reward for your wonderful postings all these months (years? OMG, I'm old!)

Thanks go to nx01a and ChadH for their votes and to Iron Maiden for information about Ben Grimm Action figures.

I not only tip, but doff my hat to seismic-2!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations seismic-2!

Thanks for posting that movie, CaptCleghorn.

Apparently, I somehow missed that episode of Big Bang Theory.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex