Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
That being said though, your idea is an admittedly interesting one (and is one of the reasons why I liked Hox/PoX). I think with what the sequel has set up, an idea or plot like that can be explored hopefully. I also agree that T'Challa's message at the end does sound centrist, but I don't think it's all that wise to impose leftist ideology to an African man either (something America has tried with African countries to great failure). Besides, there's a reason why the film also highlights Nakia's worldview as the right one.
Glad we find some consensus at least.

Most of what I have issues with this critique with are summed up above, but it also sounds to me like Lebron here has an issue with African nobles being uplifted over African Americans. Which is refreshing to me. Do they ever get that kind of treatment in Hollywood or by African Americans themselves?
Lebron's point is that an American film based on American comics about an Afro-Futurist country, still revolves on the demonization and criminalization of an African-American who grew up poor in the Oakland projects, and who dies at the end where his rebellion as framed as "going too far". It's not the same thing as a movie by an African film-maker about relations with the US diaspora where obviously a critical view would not be unwelcome.