Hi guys

In the 4th phase of the MCU Marvel intends to introduce a number of characters, Sam Wilson as the new Captain America, Jane Foster as the new Thor, and Shang Chi. It will also introduce the mutants and the X-men. But phase 4 will also retire the original Avengers, characters we knew since the start of the MCU.

In your opinion, do you think that the MCU can survive without the original Avengers?

In my opinion, and I may be wrong, I don't think so.

If you haven't noticed, phase 4 looks a lot like the all new all different Marvel movement that happened years ago. I believe that this move, the retirement of the Avengers and introducing these new characters as their replacements will ultimately make the MCU more complex for all the wrong reasons because they are becoming closer to the comics more than they need to be.

Take the story of why Thor became unworthy for an example, it's a very complex story that looks inside his psyche, the story also dwell in the lore of the hammer that has been built for years, not in one or two films. Also, we need to know why Jane Foster became Thor and for how long she will be.

The other problem is that when the Fantastic 4 are introduced we will sure to have Galactus, and he might be the next major villain, and if these new characters become the new Avengers then there is a chance that the movies won't be as exciting as the others, since these characters have never faced a threat near the threat of Galactus.

That's my opinion, what do you guys think?