Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain America #23 Spoilers

Well the gangs all here. We have had some incredible cliff hangers this week, what with ASM's last page, and now this. It's like a whole reunion of Dimension Z, and we haven't even seen the Red Skull yet.

spoilers:
    Golden intruder enters Avengers Mansion and is attacked by Iron Man and Thor, but still finds old man Rogers and Rogers puts him down. That's the first surprise. Second surprise, Golden boy takes off his mask and it's Ian Rogers and Cap introduces him to the Avengers. That's the second surprise. Then Falcon calls about a plan, and he's carrying Jey black and she is going to break into daddy's fortress, and needs and avengers distraction. Jet and Sam get inside, but Zola sees them. Jet kisses Falcon to Sams surprise, Jet has a thing for Sam. Surprise number three. The Hulk Thor and Iron man with aian, engage the mutates and dispatch them, then face the Unavengers, the hyper mutates. Cut back to Sam and Jet breaking into the compound and when they open the door to a cell, the forth surprise - it's Sharon Carter chained to the cell.
    end of spoilers

Remender wants to move this very quickly, by tying up a lot of loose ends in a big hurry. What is more interesting is that Thor has his hammer in this, but this can't be till after often Original Sin, because Steve Rogers is still young in OS, and spoilers:
    Thor losses his hammer in OS #5
    end of spoilers

Well, I did like the father and son bonds, but Ian did seem to brush over the shock of seeing his father again and Steve being so old. There is so much catching up to do, but this is going at such a rush they don't look like they have a moment to enjoy it. I can't wait for the conclusion of this to see Steve and Ian together again, in a world where Ian doesn't have to be in continuous torture of struggle against Zola. It's going to look strange when Ian sees Jet, (who is still just 19, and Ian is 22 now, because it's 10 years since Cap left Dimension Z), because Steve is aged and Jet is not. I don't know how Jet and Ian are related, but are they Zolas DNA?

That first sequence, of the Golden stranger coming into the Mansion, had so many strokes of a Stan Lee and a Jack Kirby entrance, that it reminded me of Black Panther there for a second. It was a brilliant recreation of a Stan and Jack moment in history.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-14-2014 at 08:11 PM.

This was an awesome issue. Great to see Ian back, but I'm suspicious he's a sleeper.

It's kind of odd to see all the good stuff happen to Steve now that he is no longer Captain America after a long period of what could only be called depression. It's kind of nice to all this honestly and I'm really glad to have Ian back.

As for the Thor/Continuity questions... I'm not gonna question it. It will all balance itself in the end and I'm sure it will all be good by Axis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    That first sequence, of the Golden stranger coming into the Mansion, had so many strokes of a Stan Lee and a Jack Kirby entrance, that it reminded me of Black Panther there for a second. It was a brilliant recreation of a Stan and Jack moment in history.
    That's true. I didn't think of that, but there are so many Silver Age sequences where someone sneaks into Avengers Mansion and fights everyone before it turns out that he's not actually there to fight.

BANNED

I greatly enjoyed this issue. Loved seeing old man Steve be the one to take down Ian with a few swift moves after Ian plowed through the other Avengers with ease. Nice to see right off the bat that Steve isn't going to be treated as being enfeebled. He's old, yes, but still a bad ass. The reveal of Ian wasn't a surprise at all but it was very welcome nonetheless. Great to see him reunited with Steve. The return of Sharon, though, was a bit of a shock. I didn't think she was gone for good but I didn't think we'd see her again so soon. It'll be interesting to see how her relationship with Steve is affected by his newly aged status.

Remender's definitely giving Steve a lot of reasons to be happy at a time when he might've otherwise been very low. Looking forward to seeing the finale to this arc and the teeing off to the new status quo.

Would've been better if Sharon was found doing one arm push ups in her cell asking Sam if he was ready to kick the crap out of the robot and his mutates.

I loved this issue! I was definitely not expecting Sharon to show up, but I was glad. I guess no one died in Dimension Z except the poor native creatures (I can't remember what they were called). I'm happy Ian is back, and I really hope we get some more nice moments between him and Steve, and Jet as well.

I can't wait to see what happens in the last two issues!

I love the Unvenger Mutates!

Fantastic Member

So something something refrigerator something #firerickremender?

I swear, it's like everyone never bothered to read Fear Agent.

You know, reading this issue back to back with Original Sin 7 made me question one thing; how does Thor still have Mjoulnir here when this is clearly taking place after Original Sin?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Loulou View Post
    I loved this issue! I was definitely not expecting Sharon to show up, but I was glad. I guess no one died in Dimension Z except the poor native creatures (I can't remember what they were called). I'm happy Ian is back, and I really hope we get some more nice moments between him and Steve, and Jet as well.

I can't wait to see what happens in the last two issues!
    Oh team Cap is going to be so awkward. What with Sam doing Ian's sister.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Oh team Cap is going to be so awkward. What with Sam doing Ian's sister.
    Yeah your probably right. Bring it on though. I'll take those awkward moments as long as it means my fears of jet turning on them don't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I greatly enjoyed this issue. Loved seeing old man Steve be the one to take down Ian with a few swift moves after Ian plowed through the other Avengers with ease. Nice to see right off the bat that Steve isn't going to be treated as being enfeebled. He's old, yes, but still a bad ass. The reveal of Ian wasn't a surprise at all but it was very welcome nonetheless. Great to see him reunited with Steve. The return of Sharon, though, was a bit of a shock. I didn't think she was gone for good but I didn't think we'd see her again so soon. It'll be interesting to see how her relationship with Steve is affected by his newly aged status.

Remender's definitely giving Steve a lot of reasons to be happy at a time when he might've otherwise been very low. Looking forward to seeing the finale to this arc and the teeing off to the new status quo.
    You bring up some interesting questions

1. Does Steve retain all his Cap skills in the original Steve Rogers sickly body?

2. Does Sharon now abandon old Man Steve Rogers and look for someone younger to have her babies with? She wanted to marry Steve before Remender took away Steve youth, so does she see this situation differently now?

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Would've been better if Sharon was found doing one arm push ups in her cell asking Sam if he was ready to kick the crap out of the robot and his mutates.
    You bring up a good point. Sharon is now 10 years older too, like Ian, so she's in her late 30's. Who knows if she's been locked up in that cell the whole time, or she's just been captured while running resistance for 10 years?

My god, this brings up so many issues now that Ian and Sharon are back alive. Zola made Ian and Jet for a purpose, and some of that has been addressed. But now that his children are all grown up, and fighting for his greatest enemy, how is this going to sit with Zola?
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-15-2014 at 12:33 AM.

BANNED

Dont see why not its not like he has Alzheimer's that plus muscle memory.

I dont think she is that shallow more worried about the effects of prolonged imprisonment.