Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean is in the space beach with Rachel.

Is this the first time that they speak of Krakoa as "she"?
    They're only a gateway away

10char

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They're only a gateway away

10char
    Yeah, but I don't speak for the distance, I speak for "I didn't even know this was happening." But Cyclops is on the cover so maybe they will come later.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean is in the space beach with Rachel.

Is this the first time that they speak of Krakoa as "she"?

I believe so which to me is a wasted opportunity especially given the writer. Would have been a perfect time to give us a basic understanding of they/them as a pronoun which could have put something there to explore later and maybe give us more understanding on pronouns. But I also understand the want to not make it seem personal. But krakoa and arrano would have been a great segway into that kind of information.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Emma and Jean should not be in this. A good development from this mini is that its giving shine to the B and C listers. Magik is the most prominent character here. These other characters really need the shine and dont need Emma or Jean to overshadow them

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I believe so which to me is a wasted opportunity especially given the writer. Would have been a perfect time to give us a basic understanding of they/them as a pronoun which could have put something there to explore later and maybe give us more understanding on pronouns. But I also understand the want to not make it seem personal. But krakoa and arrano would have been a great segway into that kind of information.
    That's actually such a good idea. The X-Men have always shined a light on the minority experience before comics were ready to fully tackle them.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Jean and Emma are sleeping in at the White Palace, the others can handle this without them.

Shadow King never needed to be an ancient body hopping psychic entity. Farouk was always more powerful and experienced than Xavier enough to have been a serious challenge for him. So typical for an X-Men character's origin to get retconned into pointless levels of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma and Jean should not be in this. A good development from this mini is that its giving shine to the B and C listers. Magik is the most prominent character here. These other characters really need the shine and dont need Emma or Jean to overshadow them
    Agreed. We might get some nice Karma and Dani moments and see the villains do some cool stuff. We don't need to bring in the big guns to do all the work.

Marvel finally seems to remember that Dani has psychic powers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Agree. I hope we see Karma do something extreme like take possession of all of the zombies.

I wonder if Explodey Boy will get resurrected.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Marvel finally seems to remember that Dani has psychic powers
    They never forgot. She only got them back a year ago

Fantastic Member

yeah I'm with Exodus this seems beneath them haha

imagine telling people some of the X-Men will call in Exodus, Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, and Mastermind to fight plants and zombies....

though at least Dani gets to do something I guess?

As much as I've loved this mini, I feel like it missed an opportunity to bring back Wicked.

-Pav, who wouldn't mind Freakshow returning either...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    yeah I'm with Exodus this seems beneath them haha

imagine telling people some of the X-Men will call in Exodus, Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, and Mastermind to fight plants and zombies....

though at least Dani gets to do something I guess?
    I sure hope so.

I think mayyyyyyyyybe they brought in a few too many psychics. Quentin was not needed since he's been showcased in X-Force. SUPER glad they left out Jean and Emma. Should've left out the Cuckoos as well.

Exodus needs to do something with his insane power set, so I'm glad he's there. Selene as well... though I hope this is a worthy showcase for her. Karma and Dani better have some good moments because they didn't get much in New Mutants. Hope we see Blindfold! (Speaking of... I hope she gets some awesome follow-up story regarding her fate from before Krakoa.)