Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 78
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member ExodusCloak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean is in the space beach with Rachel.

    Is this the first time that they speak of Krakoa as "she"?
    They're only a gateway away

    10char

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They're only a gateway away

    10char
    Yeah, but I don't speak for the distance, I speak for "I didn't even know this was happening." But Cyclops is on the cover so maybe they will come later.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean is in the space beach with Rachel.

    Is this the first time that they speak of Krakoa as "she"?

    I believe so which to me is a wasted opportunity especially given the writer. Would have been a perfect time to give us a basic understanding of they/them as a pronoun which could have put something there to explore later and maybe give us more understanding on pronouns. But I also understand the want to not make it seem personal. But krakoa and arrano would have been a great segway into that kind of information.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,971

    Default

    Emma and Jean should not be in this. A good development from this mini is that its giving shine to the B and C listers. Magik is the most prominent character here. These other characters really need the shine and dont need Emma or Jean to overshadow them

  5. #35
    Fantastic Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I believe so which to me is a wasted opportunity especially given the writer. Would have been a perfect time to give us a basic understanding of they/them as a pronoun which could have put something there to explore later and maybe give us more understanding on pronouns. But I also understand the want to not make it seem personal. But krakoa and arrano would have been a great segway into that kind of information.
    That's actually such a good idea. The X-Men have always shined a light on the minority experience before comics were ready to fully tackle them.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member Dante Milton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,999

    Default

    Jean and Emma are sleeping in at the White Palace, the others can handle this without them.

  7. #37
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Shadow King never needed to be an ancient body hopping psychic entity. Farouk was always more powerful and experienced than Xavier enough to have been a serious challenge for him. So typical for an X-Men character's origin to get retconned into pointless levels of complexity.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma and Jean should not be in this. A good development from this mini is that its giving shine to the B and C listers. Magik is the most prominent character here. These other characters really need the shine and dont need Emma or Jean to overshadow them
    Agreed. We might get some nice Karma and Dani moments and see the villains do some cool stuff. We don't need to bring in the big guns to do all the work.

  9. #39
    Spectacular Member rhaenylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Marvel finally seems to remember that Dani has psychic powers

  10. #40
    Mighty Member danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma and Jean should not be in this. A good development from this mini is that its giving shine to the B and C listers. Magik is the most prominent character here. These other characters really need the shine and dont need Emma or Jean to overshadow them
    Agree. I hope we see Karma do something extreme like take possession of all of the zombies.

    I wonder if Explodey Boy will get resurrected.
    I'll meet you by the third pyramid. We'll meet in Mesopotamia

  11. #41
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Marvel finally seems to remember that Dani has psychic powers
    They never forgot. She only got them back a year ago

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    yeah I'm with Exodus this seems beneath them haha

    imagine telling people some of the X-Men will call in Exodus, Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, and Mastermind to fight plants and zombies....

    though at least Dani gets to do something I guess?

  13. #43
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    As much as I've loved this mini, I feel like it missed an opportunity to bring back Wicked.

    -Pav, who wouldn't mind Freakshow returning either...
    2020 Marvel Monthly Buys: Morbius Runaways (Giant-Sized) X-Men X-Force Marauders New Mutants Excalibur Strange Academy Agents of Wakanda
    2020 Machine Man

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school! DM for details

  14. #44
    Mighty Member Arachne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    yeah I'm with Exodus this seems beneath them haha

    imagine telling people some of the X-Men will call in Exodus, Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, and Mastermind to fight plants and zombies....

    though at least Dani gets to do something I guess?
    I sure hope so.

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    342

    Default

    I think mayyyyyyyyybe they brought in a few too many psychics. Quentin was not needed since he's been showcased in X-Force. SUPER glad they left out Jean and Emma. Should've left out the Cuckoos as well.

    Exodus needs to do something with his insane power set, so I'm glad he's there. Selene as well... though I hope this is a worthy showcase for her. Karma and Dani better have some good moments because they didn't get much in New Mutants. Hope we see Blindfold! (Speaking of... I hope she gets some awesome follow-up story regarding her fate from before Krakoa.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •