Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What? Asylum sold 10 million to date and City has around 12 million. How much did you want them to sell, Zsalav?
    According to Bloomberg article pages back... WBD and Rocksteady needed it to sell 10 million copies.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    To think, the Arkham games might have been even better received and sold more if they hadn't alienated a good chunk of the (potential) audience. Series like Final Fantasy do well with both sexes.

I also found it to be an odd choice that there were 2 Robins who were playable at various times, and exactly 1 Batgirl mission that was a flashback and still included Robin anyway (so Babs even had to share the spotlight). IMHO if they wanted to keep Babs as Oracle there's no reason Cass or Steph (or both) couldn't have been the Batgirl. Even Red Hood's mission wasn't a flashback (and he didn't have to share it with another character). Oh well, Catwoman was fun.
    But the Arkham Knight Batgirl suit was amazing...

I don't care how much they sell, I'm just saying they could have done even better by not overdoing it with the sexualization of the female characters, or at least reputation-wise. Some sexualization is fine, IMHO, expected even coming from a comicbook franchise - but they turned it up to 11 for the female characters only (when they didn't have to).

And the name-calling is unnecessary by the way. No need to get nasty.
    In Arkham City they really did go overboard with all the mooks calling Catwoman a bitch in every other sentence.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't care how much they sell, I'm just saying they could have done even better by not overdoing it with the sexualization of the female characters, or at least reputation-wise. Some sexualization is fine, IMHO, expected even coming from a comicbook franchise - but they turned it up to 11 for the female characters only (when they didn't have to).

And the name-calling is unnecessary by the way. No need to get nasty.
    The games came out in the 2010s when DC were sexualizing them in the books so that was just synergy.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The games came out in the 2010s when DC were sexualizing them in the books so that was just synergy.
    Yeah wasn’t that the era when we got covers of Selina barely dressed with diamonds all over her and also showed up to the Mansion outside and naked to distract Bruce from something?

We kind of went from one extreme to another in the end.

Harley wasn't really at the time. Even the Harley/Ivy thing was barely there, mostly subtle stuff, and not reciprocated by Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah wasn’t that the era when we got covers of Selina barely dressed with diamonds all over her and also showed up to the Mansion outside and naked to distract Bruce from something?

We kind of went from one extreme to another in the end.
    I think that was drawn but never actually published .

Ok, did a quick search and one of the first things to come up as mentioned was Batman: The Cat and The Bat - according to the reviews/articles Catwoman and Batgirl had a naked fight. I didn't think it was real at first, just wow. Lol, it's so weird it's funny. Also a bit sad - that some comics were that bad back then.

I also came across some stuff saying the Rocksteady artists (during the Arkham games that is, not SS) went with the design choice of making the men in the games ugly, not sure what the purpose of that is, but anyway the source isn't verified.

Didn’t realise that the whole invasion happened because Rocksteady made Superman so naive as to convince the league to go hear Braniac out on his ship - his reasoning being that they should give him a chance because he is also an alien himself. Awful awful awful

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Didn’t realise that the whole invasion happened because Rocksteady made Superman so naive as to convince the league to go hear Braniac out on his ship - his reasoning being that they should give him a chance because he is also an alien himself. Awful awful awful
    Yeah as someone said online this is what happens when you don’t pay attention to what a company does to your characters. James Gunn will have a lot to do video game wise to repair the damage this game did to the company reputation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I saw that in the Superman in video games thread and I couldn't believe it. The fact that Batman, who's paranoid, and Green Lantern, who deals with alien criminals like Brainiac, agreed to that is horrendous writing. Injustice looking real good right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Yeah as someone said online this is what happens when you don’t pay attention to what a company does to your characters. James Gunn will have a lot to do video game wise to repair the damage this game did to the company reputation.
    James Gunn isn't going to be monitoring the video games and other media for incompetence. Just give projects to people who know what they're doing.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

More leaks are out there with new voice lines such as Lois talking about a revived Green Lantern after Flash, even dating it to Season Three and Epidode 5. Rocksteady seems to be taking them down quickly which confirms them.

Same with GL.

Practically amateur hour writing for the League here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same with GL.

Practically amateur hour writing for the League here.
    Yet, I'd argue its very similar to the "Oh no, Catwoman's been kidnapped! Oh no! Oracle's been kidnapped! Oh no, Robin's been kidnapped! Oh no, Gordon's been kidnapped! Oh no, Nightwing's been kidnapped! Oh no, Jason's the badguy because he got kidnapped! Oh, also, Jack Ryder got kidnapped, too," plot-line of most of Arkham Knight's main story and side missions.

Rocksteady's in-house game "plotters" (not necessarily writers) are 100% more likely to just choose a lazy narrative shortcut in game construction without thinking about how it reflects on the characters.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yet, I'd argue its very similar to the "Oh no, Catwoman's been kidnapped! Oh no! Oracle's been kidnapped! Oh no, Robin's been kidnapped! Oh no, Gordon's been kidnapped! Oh no, Nightwing's been kidnapped! Oh no, Jason's the badguy because he got kidnapped! Oh, also, Jack Ryder got kidnapped, too," plot-line of most of Arkham Knight's main story and side missions.

Rocksteady's in-house game "plotters" (not necessarily writers) are 100% more likely to just choose a lazy narrative shortcut in game construction without thinking about how it reflects on the characters.
    At least you still got to team-up with them in combat missions though.