Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

It’s interesting, I honestly don’t know how it’s going to do commercially, it’s not a great game, but I’m not a looter shooter person. It’s certainly more fun that Marvel’s Avengers, and it’s got much more of a Fortnite/over watch style and vibe to it, which may get people interested initially

With the recent Insider episode they released, I think they’ll get a big boost of playership by featuring Batman/Arkham related assets in the post game. At least, that’s what they’re hoping. By announcing all that stuff super early, they must be assuming that the hype of those things will outweigh the negativity surrounding the game as a whole

What’s so annoying is that I love the aesthetic they’ve built for Metropolis and the characters, and even the story interests me (despite hating the Superman gone bad trope), but knowing it’s just shooting hordes of enemies with the occasional change in gameplay turns me off it completely

Currently seems like an absolute shame that this is what Rocksteady have been working on since 2017, but I’m glad to see the creators of Rocksteady have started their own studio now - so letÂ’s see what they come up with!

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide...nch-due-to-bug

Apparently they early release version of the game completes the game for you.

They can't get anything right with this game, can they?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just took one hour apparently to break everything. Those lucky beta testers huh?

Apparently it’s fixed but a major spoiler regarding the League is everywhere now. It’s gonna be Avengers all over with months of crunch to fix all the bugs.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Batman boss fight and finish has everyone ticked off angry at how WB and Rocksteady ruined the character they had built. This is literally a f'n dumpster fire and its a week out and gonna be a massive sales bomb ahead.

People are angry at the death saying its complete trash.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Batman boss fight and finish has everyone ticked off angry at how WB and Rocksteady ruined the character they had built. This is literally a f'n dumpster fire and its a week out and gonna be a massive sales bomb ahead.

People are angry at the death saying its complete trash.
    I'm really angry at what's happened.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In the UK , retailers sensing a sales bomb at launch have marked the game down apparently.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In the UK , retailers sensing a sales bomb at launch have marked the game down apparently.
    This isn’t true - it was one seller on eBay pricing it with a 30% discount, likely in order to get their shop to the top of the search results

I think it’s going to have fairly high initial sales for the first month, but like Avengers will drop off quickly. After the Joker DLC season is done I can’t imagine it’ll regain a large amount of players unless it is in fact fantastic, or they make the league playable in future seasons

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    This isn’t true - it was one seller on eBay pricing it with a 30% discount, likely in order to get their shop to the top of the search results

I think it’s going to have fairly high initial sales for the first month, but like Avengers will drop off quickly. After the Joker DLC season is done I can’t imagine it’ll regain a large amount of players unless it is in fact fantastic, or they make the league playable in future seasons
    If people want to run around as Superman weilding a gun they'll go to Fortnite.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If people want to run around as Superman weilding a gun they'll go to Fortnite.
    Haha good point

As a looter shooter the gameplay is actually pretty solid. If you like looter shooters. The characters are pretty fun to play, but level design is meh and encounters get repetitive pretty quickly. Jumping from spread out groups to groups. There is no actual battle pass yet, which is actually annoying as they sell it as part of deluxe content. Not exactly sure why this game is a live service, though. I don’t have a problem with it as a live service. I don’t actually hate live services despite exploitive poorly done ones giving the concept a bad reputation. But it’s kind of just there. Theres not actually much being offered as a live service currently. The game itself operates closer to Borderlands then something like Destiny. You don’t share any of the world unless you invite or matchmake. Not sure how much overall life there is to the game, but it’s initially fun enough so far.

Story wise I feel like they thought the first movie was going to be a much bigger deal. You can feel it’s influenced prominently much like the Guardians game. Though the Guardians movies warrant that. Where the SS movie, less so.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-30-2024 at 03:30 PM.

This thing was bound to fail right from the start, the first time gameplay came out people did not care for it, they delayed it to "polish" it and it still had bugs even before day one came about, no review codes and nda's on the people who tested it was another big red flag and now the story is leaked and it is trash...i don't care what the game play is like, this is a big fat L on Rocksteady's part in my eyes.

Mighty Member

Good lord. I watched a couple of the story cutscenes on Youtube. They seriously went in this direction? Who greenlit this and how do we remove them from decision-making positions going forward?

Poor Kevin Conroy.

Extraordinary Member

Apparently this isn't the last project where Kevin Conroy voiced Batman. So hopefully the true last appearance of his iconic voice will be less egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Good lord. I watched a couple of the story cutscenes on Youtube. They seriously went in this direction? Who greenlit this and how do we remove them from decision-making positions going forward?

Poor Kevin Conroy.
    The way i heard, one of the companies involved were also the ones involved with the Last of Us Part 2...so if true, it explains a lot.

I mean i saw a video where each of the deaths are shown, and the one thing that you can tell is that out of all the deaths only WW's is treated with any semblance of respect. But the others? It is either are just ridiculous, tacky or downright disrespectful (and yes, i mean Batman's).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Apparently this isn't the last project where Kevin Conroy voiced Batman. So hopefully the true last appearance of his iconic voice will be less egregious.
    Rumor has it that it was something on Amazon i believe, don't know if true but i hope it is, i truly do.