Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Default Rocksteady's Suicide Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Can't say I am really shocked but I'm good with this as long as it doesn't end up being a stealth Harley solo game.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Expected them to hide it for DCFandome on the 22nd then break the movie news and add the game news as cherry on top

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wow. Suicide Squad in the shape of an X behind Superman's shoulder.

I think Lex Luthor is gonna be involved with the Squad.

That's a pretty good surprise.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I hope that's Bizarro and not Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Pretty sure it's Supes.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Why would the Squad target Bizarro? That doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The subtitle is Kill The Justice League so...

I hope it has Slipknot, the man who can climb anything.

iMan 42s

Gonna be honest, that's disappointing news. Like I know I talked **** on the upcoming Avengers title but at least I know that'll have some fantastical visuals and characters people give a damn about. Outside of Harley Quinn and Deathstroke does anybody give that much of a **** about the Squad? Like how do you go from Batman to the guys from the least bad but still bad DCEU movie?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Gonna be honest, that's disappointing news. Like I know I talked **** on the upcoming Avengers title but at least I know that'll have some fantastical visuals and characters people give a damn about. Outside of Harley Quinn and Deathstroke does anybody give that much of a **** about the Squad? Like how do you go from Batman to the guys from the least bad but still bad DCEU movie?
    The Suicide Squad has a lot of real fans, James Gunn for one. His upcoming Squad movie is quite heavily anticipated and it's something he is obviously quite invested in. The Harley Quinn TV show that's all the rage right now is also SS-Adjacent. So it's a trivialization to say that the Squad is an entirely dead end. There are some great runs on the comics.

As for Suicide Squad being a comedown from Batman...that was something I thought at first. But then when you take Rocksteady's history, it makes sense. Before they made Batman, they made a game called Urban Chaos Riot Response which was a cops-and-robbers game, most of their Batman games were essentially stories of criminals and police, and the most endearing quality of the Arkham games is the Greek Chorus of the inmates whose constant chatting intercepted by Batman provides a lot of entertainment throughout the stories. So making a game centered on a squad of supervillains is actually a natural progression and speaks to their interests, and their roots.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Suicide Squad has a lot of real fans, James Gunn for one. His upcoming Squad movie is quite heavily anticipated and it's something he is obviously quite invested in. The Harley Quinn TV show that's all the rage right now is also SS-Adjacent. So it's a trivialization to say that the Squad is an entirely dead end. There are some great runs on the comics.

As for Suicide Squad being a comedown from Batman...that was something I thought at first. But then when you take Rocksteady's history, it makes sense. Before they made Batman, they made a game called Urban Chaos Riot Response which was a cops-and-robbers game, most of their Batman games were essentially stories of criminals and police, and the most endearing quality of the Arkham games is the Greek Chorus of the inmates whose constant chatting intercepted by Batman provides a lot of entertainment throughout the stories. So making a game centered on a squad of supervillains is actually a natural progression and speaks to their interests, and their roots.
    I'm just baffled that instead of anybody out of the Justice League they went with the least impressive option. I don't doubt that the Squad has fans but I have a sincerely hard time believing that a Wonder Woman, Superman or even a flat-out Harley Quinn game somehow wasn't what was green-lit. Like in terms of the general public the Squad is known for being the least bad of the bad DC movies and Harley Quinn. So I struggle to see what a Suicide Squad game offers that focusing on bigger names or even the big star (Harley) wouldn't be better at. Like if this game came out maybe five years earlier maybe I could see it given Rocksteady did start building up the Suicide Squad, but Arkham Origins and Blackgate are almost 6 going on 7 years removed from that.

Maybe it'll be good but I'm just not seeing whatever dollar signs WB is.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

I'm just baffled that instead of anybody out of the Justice League they went with the least impressive option. I don't doubt that the Squad has fans but I have a sincerely hard time believing that a Wonder Woman, Superman or even a flat-out Harley Quinn game somehow wasn't what was green-lit. Like in terms of the general public the Squad is known for being the least bad of the bad DC movies and Harley Quinn. So I struggle to see what a Suicide Squad game offers that focusing on bigger names or even the big star (Harley) wouldn't be better at. Like if this game came out maybe five years earlier maybe I could see it given Rocksteady did start building up the Suicide Squad, but Arkham Origins and Blackgate are almost 6 going on 7 years removed from that.

Maybe it'll be good but I'm just not seeing whatever dollar signs WB is.
    The fact that it's not the most typical or obvious option does suggest that this was a project Rocksteady were interested in.

It's definitely a lateral move, so to speak.

Well that’s what happens when your movie outgrosses the JL, without China, despite bad reviews. That’s also what happens when your franchise is also more diverse and was popular amongst the generation video games are aimed at.

I talked about this with co workers who were all excited because they like the premise of taking down the Justice League (a pantheon of overpowers Gods). Quite frankly I agree. Also it’s going to be fun to play as El Diablo and King Shark