Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Apparently this isn't the last project where Kevin Conroy voiced Batman. So hopefully the true last appearance of his iconic voice will be less egregious.
    From IGN there's two more projects he was involved in new animated series Batman: Caped Crusader that's coming out on Prime ( it's not clear if he voiced batman or someone other character) , and Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part Three ( it's confirm he's voiced Batman in this.)
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

More players on YouTube basically burying the game have done reviews. Basically saying Rocksteady is DEAD and buried. That they chased a trend and failed.

Sony is likely watching this debacle and will make sure Spider-Man never gets this bad.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    More players on YouTube basically burying the game have done reviews. Basically saying Rocksteady is DEAD and buried. That they chased a trend and failed.

Sony is likely watching this debacle and will make sure Spider-Man never gets this bad.
    Here's the thing, this game had the help of a group called Sweet Baby Inc. and if you are curious why that is bad, then look up what they did in several games to earn the ire of many, one of them was something they did in the Spider-man 2 game.

I did the research and it is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Here's the thing, this game had the help of a group called Sweet Baby Inc. and if you are curious why that is bad, then look up what they did in several games to earn the ire of many, one of them was something they did in the Spider-man 2 game.

Sweet Baby Inc didn't make WB and Rocksteady do a failing live service game. A failed looter shooter though. Sure they had a hand in the story elements and we can pick apart all the bad ones here , but the game itself was DOA once the decision was made to try and chase a dying trend.

Sony just had a State of Play where a lot of their games are still single player experiences.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Good lord. I watched a couple of the story cutscenes on Youtube. They seriously went in this direction? Who greenlit this and how do we remove them from decision-making positions going forward?

Poor Kevin Conroy.
    Rage inducing. I'm so angry.

I've been following this game to watch the drama, much as I did with Gotham Knights and Avengers, but like with those games I have zero intention of purchasing and playing it.

I don't understand this trend of removing Batman in Batman adjacent games/media (killing him off/hitting him with the villain stick/making him vanish). If you can't write a compelling story about a Batman-character without getting rid of Batman himself - then your story isn't good enough and you probably shouldn't be writing a Batman-character in the first place. Just write Batman, and bring in his Family/Rogues/Allies (whichever Batman-characters you wanted to use).

Or, write about some other DC hero - there are many of them.

The fact that it couldn't just be a Suicide Squad story on it's own is rather telling - they had to incorporate the Justice League into the title and story. That they felt the need to bounce off of the popularity of another team says it all IMHO.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 01-31-2024 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sweet Baby Inc didn't make WB and Rocksteady do a failing live service game. A failed looter shooter though. Sure they had a hand in the story elements and we can pick apart all the bad ones here , but the game itself was DOA once the decision was made to try and chase a dying trend.

Sony just had a State of Play where a lot of their games are still single player experiences.
    Was this after their state of play about all their planned live service games.

Having played SS, the live service elements are the least offensive things about the game. And while Live Service are supposedly dying, they still make up most of the top played games. One of the problems we often see with them though is when publishers think they can just slap the live service model on to anything. Thinking every audience is a live service audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post

I don’t think Sweet Baby Inc has anywhere near as much influence on this game for it to be seen as a factor into its failure tbh

I don’t have the game but I did play the alpha test - disappointing to see that the gameplay likely doesn’t offer enough variety to keep me interested

Re Kevin Conroy: Having seen spoilers, I have to admit I think the reaction to it is overblown - it isn’t like Rocksteady forced Kevin Conroy into doing this game, he chose it, and clearly thought it was worth his time. All this ‘poor Kevin Conroy’ stuff is wild. Respect his choice imo. Could the story been done better? I reckon so, but it’s not a slight against the actor who chose to read the lines.

But yeah game looks disappointing in almost all aspects to me

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I've been following this game to watch the drama, much as I did with Gotham Knights and Avengers, but like with those games I have zero intention of purchasing and playing it.

I don't understand this trend of removing Batman in Batman adjacent games/media (killing him off/hitting him with the villain stick/making him vanish). If you can't write a compelling story about a Batman-character without getting rid of Batman himself - then your story isn't good enough and you probably shouldn't be writing a Batman-character in the first place. Just write Batman, and bring in his Family/Rogues/Allies (whichever Batman-characters you wanted to use).

The fact that it couldn't just be a Suicide Squad story on it's own is rather telling - they had to incorporate the Justice League into the title and story. That they felt the need to bounce off of the popularity of another team says it all IMHO.
    It really seems they thought SS was going to be the next big thing at conception, not guessing they were going to have to cull the first squad more or less for the next movie. Thinking that there was going to be a new generation of SS fan that wouldn’t just want to see the SS kill DCs most popular characters but would even celebrate it. Taking for granted one of the most beloved things they managed to produce in the last couple decades in the Arkham series. But that’s pretty much why WB is where it’s at now, betting big on a bunch of movies that ultimately didn’t turn out like they thought they would.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-01-2024 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t have the game but I did play the alpha test - disappointing to see that the gameplay likely doesn’t offer enough variety to keep me interested

Re Kevin Conroy: Having seen spoilers, I have to admit I think the reaction to it is overblown - it isn’t like Rocksteady forced Kevin Conroy into doing this game, he chose it, and clearly thought it was worth his time. All this ‘poor Kevin Conroy’ stuff is wild. Respect his choice imo. Could the story been done better? I reckon so, but it’s not a slight against the actor who chose to read the lines.

I think people had an expectation that Conroy's Batman , his iconic voice would be used in a better way. They saw this and felt betrayed and now WB is quickly back pedaling saying Conroy had 2 more projects before he passed as the voice of Batman.

They wanted more of this honestly. People are angry over how the entire league was made to look awful and be mocked as jokes.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post

I only got GK when it was mad cheap cuz I like Dick and Tim and Avengers when it was 90% off due to closing. Not sure if I'll ever pick up Suicide Squad.

Also there are a lot of anti-Batman people in the industry so I can see why stories where he dies nonchalantly are getting approved.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post

Yeah, this isn't just dissing Batman, pretty much all the League except Wonder Woman gets dissed in this game .

Ya, they pretty much threw everything DC under the bus for Waller and the SS in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It really seems they thought SS was going to be the next big thing at conception, not guessing they were going to have to cull the first squad more or less for the next movie. Thinking that there was going to be a new generation of SS fan that wouldn’t just want to see the SS kill DCs most popular characters but would even celebrate it. Taking for granted one of the most beloved things they managed to produce in the last couple decades in the Arkham series. But that’s pretty much why WB is where it’s at now, betting big on a bunch of movies that ultimately didn’t turn out like they thought they would.
    That feels like an odd assumption - that a new SS fanbase would be that vindictive. But much of the media these days seems to trash the OGs of franchises - which is a weak way to promote legacy characters and IMHO just produces resentment. So, perhaps the assumption on their part isn't so surprising after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I only got GK when it was mad cheap cuz I like Dick and Tim and Avengers when it was 90% off due to closing. Not sure if I'll ever pick up Suicide Squad.

Also there are a lot of anti-Batman people in the industry so I can see why stories where he dies nonchalantly are getting approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, this isn't just dissing Batman, pretty much all the League except Wonder Woman gets dissed in this game .
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, they pretty much threw everything DC under the bus for Waller and the SS in the game.
    Again, it all just feels very immature to me. If ppl don't like Batman they should stick to other characters and not go near the Batman mythos. I mean, if you don't like something don't touch it - don't go around trashing someone else's loved characters just because you can.

If I want to play as Batman, I think I'll just replay the old games.