Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Apparently Suicide Squad is another one of those ‘always has to be online to even play in solo mode’ games. Basically means the moment the developers and Warner shut down online servers it’ll be unplayable.
    It looks like it was designed as a live service game but they changed course somewhere along the line. It was the same thing with Gotham Knights and why the game had a weird design.

I don’t get where this live service thing has to be the norm for superhero games came from. The best ones didn’t have this and corporate greed seems to have overtaken common sense. The worst part is that a lot of these game studios don’t even know how to implement the live service stuff.

It’s ultimately what killed Marvel’s Avengers when that should have been a decent single player experience.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It looks like it was designed as a live service game but they changed course somewhere along the line. It was the same thing with Gotham Knights and why the game had a weird design.

I don’t get where this live service thing has to be the norm for superhero games came from. The best ones didn’t have this and corporate greed seems to have overtaken common sense. The worst part is that a lot of these game studios don’t even know how to implement the live service stuff.

It’s ultimately what killed Marvel’s Avengers when that should have been a decent single player experience.
    Live service games have been crashing as of late. So many announced shutdowns around the same timeframe. This bubble has burst. WB will send this game to die if it maintains the model

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Poor design and development killed Marvel Avengers, not the model. Even no online single player games suck if they are made poorly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-25-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Poor design and development killed Marvel Avengers, not the model. Even no online single player games suck if they are made poorly.
    I think the problem is that outside of the actual designs of characters/the environment, they haven’t shown anything that doesn’t look average or below

The enemy designs are bland (even Metropolis looks fairly bland at the moment - though I think it’ll look great once they showcase it properly), the combat looks repetitive and pretty similar for all characters, the traversal seems pretty forced for half of the team. We also haven’t seen anything that looks different to Avengers in terms of gameplay, I really hope that there are different types of missions but it really just looks like fighting at the moment.

I think that’s the main problem people have - what they have shown doesn’t look as good as Rocksteady has proven itself to be. It’s very possible they’re hiding the best from us at the moment, but it’s reminding me of those first looks at Avengers and Gotham Knights so far

Adding the live service elements on top of that, and Rocksteady’s founders leaving the company makes it really quite worrying.

And regardless of all that, if the game is great, it still should not require people being online to play, as once those servers shut down, there’s no going back to play it again.

Generally those servers aren't going to be shut down unless people aren't playing.

So the game is basically Playstation 2 EDF with you floating around shooting big purple blobs and bullet sponge enemies that turn into explosion sprites when they die? Plus online and grind elements.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As the gif image I posted on an advertisement for it on Facebook...it's of Dr. McCoy looking up at Kirk.

"It's dead Jim..."

Game literally died at presentation.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fantastic Member

I would have preferred a Batman Beyond game or that scrapped Damian Wayne game over this.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So from the perspective of an outsider not interested to begin with but watching because it was in the State of Play, it seemed to me like the entire game for pretty much all the characters was jump really high, slow fall, and shoot while you slow fall, then land and repeat. Is that the impression everyone else got? Didn't seem all that interesting, and when they went into melee it seemed like it was just initiating little cut scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    So from the perspective of an outsider not interested to begin with but watching because it was in the State of Play, it seemed to me like the entire game for pretty much all the characters was jump really high, slow fall, and shoot while you slow fall, then land and repeat. Is that the impression everyone else got? Didn't seem all that interesting, and when they went into melee it seemed like it was just initiating little cut scenes.
    It looks like it's your typical loot shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Sounds about right.

I'm also particularly fond of the fact that out of the four main characters, Deadshot, Harley, Shark, and Boomerang, only one of them typically uses guns, so naturally the game starring these four is gun based.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sounds about right.

I'm also particularly fond of the fact that out of the four main characters, Deadshot, Harley, Shark, and Boomerang, only one of them typically uses guns, so naturally the game starring these four is gun based.
    Yeah, I laughed at that youtube video comment that was like "Ah yes, Captain Boomerang and his signature weapon: Shotgun."

It looks like it's your typical loot shooter.
    I've played the hell out of Borderlands titles, but this seemed pretty different from that.

Im falling on the other end of this, im not really interested the Suicide Squad but i do like me my looter shooters. So this looks fun to me. But again i don't really care about it being a SS game.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Generally those servers aren't going to be shut down unless people aren't playing.
    Given how quickly people gave up on Avengers I think it’s not going to take that long for people multiplayer wise to stop playing. I give it at most two to three years post launch before the game is unplayable because of the always online decision. I suppose they might manage to keep up a steady stream of actual content (random cosmetics won’t count, only semi regular new missions and characters) to placate that, but they still will need to overcome casual audience fatigue of both games as service and superhero content in general.