Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I don’t recall the last time most of those have been talked about regularly the way Fortnite and Destiny are, but fair point. I think a lot of people just hate the way studio now chase such trends at the expense of every other kind of game, knowing full well none of them are going to maintain the cultural epoch and niche that Fortnite has, or the fact that we have developers seriously advocating play to earn over fun.

Plus rushing these kinds of games out guarantees the double burnout effects for developers and play-testers (crunch for months up to release and more crunch to fix all the bugs they could have avoided by not rushing whilst also needing constant new updates to maintain attention).
    Fortnite in it's current iteration, began as an afterthought to the single player Fortnight. It was thrown out there because PUBG was the IT game at the time and Epic/TenCent? thought they could quickly translate the game into a Battleground type game and then FN took off and I don't think they ever completed the Single Player game.
    I remember watching Twitch/YT of some PUBG games and got bored and saw a FT video and was hooked. I never played much cause I suck at "Twitchy" type games but loved to watch.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The games new release date is 2/4/24

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/s...022038017?s=20

The poor reception from state of play must have turned their plans into smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The games new release date is 2/4/24

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/s...022038017?s=20

The poor reception from state of play must have turned their plans into smoke.
    I have no interest in this general but this looks to be pretty much the death sentence for the game. It shows it's no longer about polishing things but that they have no confidence in the product they were making and the given time frame is not enough to basically make a completely new game at this point.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

If IGN - the company well known for glossing over bad stuff is saying this looks bad, this game is DOA. Literally the same as Marvel’s Avengers, decent story that dries up the second the Destiny and Overwatch
    style multiplayer is front and centre.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So WBD tried a unique marketing ploy. According to this they had fans and journalists play the game. Well the fans were locked into NDAs to stop them from discussing the game online. The journalists like IGN and others were not and they hoped for them to give the game good reviews.

Well that failed….

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

They basically confirmed Earth 2 and playable Joker in a discord chat. Plus Nora Fries as Freeze, Deadshot’s Daughter as Lawless, Deathstroke, Killer Croc and Katana as future characters for the postgame content.

Also plans for sets of gear for the Battle Pass (the first one is Bane themed) and Endgame missions that involves going into Brainiac’s dimension with increasingly harder fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    They basically confirmed Earth 2 and playable Joker in a discord chat. Plus Nora Fries as Freeze, Deadshot’s Daughter as Lawless, Deathstroke, Killer Croc and Katana as future characters for the postgame content.

Also plans for sets of gear for the Battle Pass (the first one is Bane themed) and Endgame missions that involves going into Brainiac’s dimension with increasingly harder fights.
    So basically re-skins of the other characters (Zoe as Deadshot, Killer Croc for King Shark, Deathstroke/Katana, Nora probably won't be too different).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So basically re-skins of the other characters (Zoe as Deadshot, Killer Croc for King Shark, Deathstroke/Katana, Nora probably won't be too different).
    Pretty much like Avengers. Joker will probably have elements of Harley Quinn as well.

I believe that Rocksteady lifted the NDA for players to discuss the game. Thus far its 50/50 on players I'm seeing on some praising it as different and some not. But the marketing ploy the company tried failed pretty big as journalists were not praising the game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Right now everything is descending into loyalists and naysayers who both defend their perspectives as the right one. Ultimately it’s going to be shown who is right in a few weeks but I definitely feel like this is the latest and loudest backlash against the notions of the GAAS model.

I played it - was alright

It’s fun enough gameplay wise, but I don’t think it will stay fun for the duration of the game (the test game was about 2hrs long) - all combat encounters and missions are the exact same so far, lifeless city etc

I don’t Think it’s my type of game - live service looter shooters aren’t my jazz - I do just wish it was a JL game, or at the very least a World’s Finest game? The story so far is very bleak, and only adds to the last decade plus of DC’s grim-dark approach to its colourful roster of heroes

Story and characters seem well executed for what it is though. I don’t think it’s enough to make me buy the game at launch - I will likely get it second hand unless I hear that it’s unmissable and mind blowing by the general public

Looks like no one on this forum is really following this game, but man, judging by the most recent featurette they put out about the endgame content, they’re really desperate to get people interested

They’ve already been spoiling the game’s story like crazy, but I’d say the first piece of endgame content they’re putting out after launch is the most desperate attempt at selling copies so far

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Looks like no one on this forum is really following this game, but man, judging by the most recent featurette they put out about the endgame content, they’re really desperate to get people interested

They’ve already been spoiling the game’s story like crazy, but I’d say the first piece of endgame content they’re putting out after launch is the most desperate attempt at selling copies so far
    I’m quite enjoying watching all the live service games crash and burn while waiting for the Silksong release date announcement.

Whilst I appreciate that Rocksteady bless them are trying their best to make a mandated game system that they know few but a small minority actually like work with social squad and removing FOMO via making all seasons accessible whenever, it is clearly a losing battle. People hate GAAS. Simple as. And it’s distressing to think how many people at Rocksteady are going to lose their jobs over it, assuming their entire company doesn’t fold after electing to change their entire game structure to oversee a game I doubt many will be playing in a year.

This game needs to fail to send a message to David Zaslav that no one wants anymore of this live service sh-t. Because he wants EVERY game to have it thinking , ooooh ahhh money coming in constantly. (He already is pushing a live service Wonder Woman game in plans)