Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As a sign the game is DEAD on Arrival , Resetera clocked the stream users for the game. An underwhelming 7,000* users played the game in early access.

Bloomberg is claiming this game needs to sell 10 million copies to break even.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sui...access.811479/
    That will only happen if a an act of God or a deal with the Devil happens.

Hell, from what i have read inquiries on refunds shot up to 800%, something i never would have thought possible. What other game could have such a negative reaction than what we are seeing right now?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As a sign the game is DEAD on Arrival , Resetera clocked the stream users for the game. An underwhelming 7,000* users played the game in early access.

Bloomberg is claiming this game needs to sell 10 million copies to break even.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sui...access.811479/
    Rocksteady about to piss away all of Hogwarts Legacy's hard work for WB Games.
    "Cable was right!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Who would have thought that David Zaslav could unite the conservatives and liberal gamers on YouTube to a level where they all agree. An utter hatred of this game lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Having now watched the death scenes for the Justice League and some of the boss gameplay I'm struck by how underwhelming it all is.

Like this is the titular selling point of the game. You're the Suicide Squad, a ragtag group of misfit criminals assembled as a last resort to deal with a dire situation, and you're mission is to kill the Justice League, legendary super heroes who have been corrupted by an alien entity. So you'd think that the game would put some narrative and gameplay oomph on those occactions.

But it doesn't. The Flash, Green Lantern and Superman boss fights are just them moving around, doing some big sweeping attacks, focused blasts and or creating bigger hazards. The players beat them by pew-pewing them when they stand still and jumping around with the game's movement mechanics. And the Batman fight sort of tries to evoc his scare tactics by fails when you realise that you just shot the glowing thing while going around the area completing objectives. As boss fights against the Justice League they're lazy and uninspired.

Then when the boss fights are over there's no real narrative punch to it either. Flash and Superman are just killed by the pew-pewing gameplay and don't get any last words. Deadshot has a kinda rival moment with Green Lantern before executing him (was that at all built up during the story) and Harley has her speech with Batman before executing him. All of it is kinda lame and feels more like going through checklist than overcoming overwhelming odds. Even Wonder Woman's death, which is "decent" compared to her friends, is pretty lame.

And Brainiac is just a re-skinned Flash fight with minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    That will only happen if a an act of God or a deal with the Devil happens.

Hell, from what i have read inquiries on refunds shot up to 800%, something i never would have thought possible. What other game could have such a negative reaction than what we are seeing right now?
    Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 76 and Star Wars Battlefront II all had more negative reaction than this game. It's not even close, Cyberpunk 2077 was pulled from the PS Store cause of how bad it was.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cyberpunk 2077 was pulled from the PS Store cause of how bad it was.
    It was pulled because the game literally didn't work on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    It was pulled because the game literally didn't work on PS4.
    Yes, and the game not working is what contributed to the overwhelmingly negative reception.

The main complaint revolves around the story and how the characters meet their demise. Had the Suicide Squad merely captured the Justice League instead of killing them, the game would just have been perceived as the mediocre game it is. Players would have played briefly and moved on within a week at most. Gotham Knights is another mid game that also features Batman's death, but it didn't draw much this much hate because he died heroically, twice.

But still is nothing like what happened with the other games I mentioned.
    Last edited by Drako; 02-03-2024 at 09:05 AM.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Cyberpunk 2077, Fallout 76 and Star Wars Battlefront II all had more negative reaction than this game. It's not even close, Cyberpunk 2077 was pulled from the PS Store cause of how bad it was.
    Doubt Rocksteady can pull the same 180 CDPR with Cyberpunk and pull out the game from terrible to great experience, then again CP2077 is not a live service game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Doubt Rocksteady can pull the same 180 CDPR with Cyberpunk and pull out the game from terrible to great experience, then again CP2077 is not a live service game.
    I doubt it too. CDPR also had the foundation of a great game, and the story of Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty good, so they needed to get back to work and put everything back in order.

Another game that was completely lambasted and made a 180 was No Man's Sky. It was the same situation as CDPR.

Unfortunately, Rocksteady will have to double down and keep producing content until they can't anymore. Some DLCs might attract people for a short period of time, but at this point, I think it's over. Choosing the live service model doomed this game from the start and the story just made everything worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Having now watched the death scenes for the Justice League and some of the boss gameplay I'm struck by how underwhelming it all is.

Like this is the titular selling point of the game. You're the Suicide Squad, a ragtag group of misfit criminals assembled as a last resort to deal with a dire situation, and you're mission is to kill the Justice League, legendary super heroes who have been corrupted by an alien entity. So you'd think that the game would put some narrative and gameplay oomph on those occactions.

But it doesn't. The Flash, Green Lantern and Superman boss fights are just them moving around, doing some big sweeping attacks, focused blasts and or creating bigger hazards. The players beat them by pew-pewing them when they stand still and jumping around with the game's movement mechanics. And the Batman fight sort of tries to evoc his scare tactics by fails when you realise that you just shot the glowing thing while going around the area completing objectives. As boss fights against the Justice League they're lazy and uninspired.

Then when the boss fights are over there's no real narrative punch to it either. Flash and Superman are just killed by the pew-pewing gameplay and don't get any last words. Deadshot has a kinda rival moment with Green Lantern before executing him (was that at all built up during the story) and Harley has her speech with Batman before executing him. All of it is kinda lame and feels more like going through checklist than overcoming overwhelming odds. Even Wonder Woman's death, which is "decent" compared to her friends, is pretty lame.

And Brainiac is just a re-skinned Flash fight with minions.
    Essentially making a DC game that's a live-service third-person shooter was a bad idea.

Ultimate Member

With the tech and graphics used for this game, why didn't WB just opt for a Justice League game?

SS kills the JL looks like it cost a ton of money, why not devote those resources to DC's A-list characters?
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-03-2024 at 02:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    With the tech and graphics used for this game, why didn't WB just opt for a Justice League game?

SS kills the JL looks like it cost a ton of money, why not devote that resources to DC's A-list characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Essentially making a DC game that's a live-service third-person shooter was a bad idea.
    It feels like this was a game designed more around looking for profitable trends than actually brainstorming good ideas.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Not sure a JL game would have faired any better.

The main complaint revolves around the story and how the characters meet their demise. Had the Suicide Squad merely captured the Justice League instead of killing them, the game would just have been perceived as the mediocre game it is. Players would have played briefly and moved on within a week at most. Gotham Knights is another mid game that also features Batman's death, but it didn't draw much this much hate because he died heroically, twice.
    Yeah, I had a look at the death scenes. The belittling of most of the Justice League was unnecessarily mean-spirited and doesn't make the Suicide Squad anymore endearing. It's bizarre that this was green-lit. Surely they had to have known there would be backlash, in which case, is the intention actually to damage the IP?

I doubt it too. CDPR also had the foundation of a great game, and the story of Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty good, so they needed to get back to work and put everything back in order.

Another game that was completely lambasted and made a 180 was No Man's Sky. It was the same situation as CDPR.

Unfortunately, Rocksteady will have to double down and keep producing content until they can't anymore. Some DLCs might attract people for a short period of time, but at this point, I think it's over. Choosing the live service model doomed this game from the start and the story just made everything worse.
    Actually i think in this case the DLC's would cause more harm than good. I saw the Joker they are going with and frankly i don't see anyone caring about using him especially since the Arkham version would be more well received then this dreck they made. And lets be honest who else beside myself things the one after that is Peacemaker? Because that makes the most sense, though i hope John Cena does not lend his voice should that occur.