Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well that’s what happens when your movie outgrosses the JL, without China, despite bad reviews. That’s also what happens when your franchise is also more diverse and was popular amongst the generation video games are aimed at.

I talked about this with co workers who were all excited because they like the premise of taking down the Justice League (a pantheon of overpowers Gods). Quite frankly I agree. Also it’s going to be fun to play as El Diablo and King Shark
    Suicide Squad isn't getting a game because of how the movie did. It's getting the game because Rocksteady wanted to do it.

Rocksteady had a full buffet they could pick and choose after their amazing success.

And in either case, there are many versions of the Suicide Squad to draw from rather than the characters in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Suicide Squad isn't getting a game because of how the movie did. It's getting the game because Rocksteady wanted to do it.

Rocksteady had a full buffet they could pick and choose after their amazing success.

And in either case, there are many versions of the Suicide Squad to draw from rather than the characters in the movie.
    Well the rumored characters draw heavily from the movies (Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang, El Diablo, Enchantress, King Shark). Cheetah is the odd woman out but she’s appearing as the villain in WW84. Guess the movies have more influence than you think

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Well the rumored characters draw heavily from the movies (Harley, Deadshot, Boomerang, El Diablo, Enchantress, King Shark). Cheetah is the odd woman out but she’s appearing as the villain in WW84. Guess the movies have more influence than you think
    I am sure that the movies have some influence but it's not going to be the main reason why this becomes a game by Rocksteady. In either case, let's wait for Fandome to see what the game's about.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rocksteady wanted a Superman game and didn't get it. So knows what this game is to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rocksteady wanted a Superman game and didn't get it. So knows what this game is to them.
    Anonymous rumors claiming Rocksteading wanting a Superman game don't mean it's true.

In fact many developers at the studio said years ago that doing a Superman game was a daunting challenge for them. Like Dax Ginn said,

“I think Superman is a very difficult character. He’s an incredible character, but the thing about Batman is that he’s so vulnerable, like physically vulnerable. The fertile territory of games design is being able to provide the player with opportunities for power, but also letting them know that they’ve got something to lose,” Dax said. He continued his explanation stating, “With Batman, you feel very powerful when you’re surrounded by 25 thugs who’ve just got baseball bats, but give just one of them an assault rifle and it changes the entire dynamic of the fight.
    But with a character like Superman, that’s not possible. So, I wouldn’t want to throw Batman away because he’s just such a brilliant character to work with, and the psychology of him is just very rich for gameplay.”

https://gotgame.com/2011/10/11/arkha...ted-for-games/

Many others said that in interviews that Superman was a very difficult and daunting challenge to do in games.

So I think it's clear that they wanted to do a Suicide Squad game.

From my understanding WB Montreal was developing a Suicide Squad game until it got canned and Rocksteady picked up the baton, more or less.

Anonymous rumors claiming Rocksteading wanting a Superman game don't mean it's true.

In fact many developers at the studio said years ago that doing a Superman game was a daunting challenge for them. Like Dax Ginn said,

“I think Superman is a very difficult character. He’s an incredible character, but the thing about Batman is that he’s so vulnerable, like physically vulnerable. The fertile territory of games design is being able to provide the player with opportunities for power, but also letting them know that they’ve got something to lose,” Dax said. He continued his explanation stating, “With Batman, you feel very powerful when you’re surrounded by 25 thugs who’ve just got baseball bats, but give just one of them an assault rifle and it changes the entire dynamic of the fight.
    But with a character like Superman, that’s not possible. So, I wouldn’t want to throw Batman away because he’s just such a brilliant character to work with, and the psychology of him is just very rich for gameplay.”

Many others said that in interviews that Superman was a very difficult and daunting challenge to do in games.

They pitched a Superman game to WB and created concept art for it. It was big news when it leaked back in April. This Suicide Squad game with Superman being the targeted look like they are salvaging their Superman pitch

Just...please don't be a Harley game.

Please please please have King Shark as a playable character!

I want Bronze Tiger to be in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Please please please have King Shark as a playable character!
    If they're not in the base game, they'll probably be added at some point .

Extraordinary Member

I think there’s a chance the Justice League in the game might in fact be the Crime Syndicate or other imposters.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I hope Metallo or some other Superman Rogues get added. Zod was a member of the Rebirth Squad, that would be fun to play lol.

Nah James Siegfield was the one who broke the news about their Superman pitch. He was the one who broke the news about Rocksteady working on SS in the first place. He also said the WBM Batman game is a reboot, unconnected to the Arkham Games. He seems to be legit, if the WBM Batman game is confirmed to be a soft reboot I think we can treat him as a legit insider going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Gonna be honest, that's disappointing news. Like I know I talked **** on the upcoming Avengers title but at least I know that'll have some fantastical visuals and characters people give a damn about. Outside of Harley Quinn and Deathstroke does anybody give that much of a **** about the Squad? Like how do you go from Batman to the guys from the least bad but still bad DCEU movie?
    We got 3 Batman games from them. I was hoping for Superman or Justice league to come next. He'll even a Wonder woman God of war style game or Aquaman, Green Lantern, Flash.... any of them. But im not mad at the Squad it all depends on the game. Rocksteadys least liked game Arkham Knight is still an amazing game imo.. as long as you wssnt trying to play on PC. Yes the story and the overuse of Batmobile puzzles wasn't ideal but that game it still better then 90% of games out there imo. So I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt. Also another batman game is suppose to be coming too from WB Montreal. Who imo made an inferior game mechanics wise to Rocksteady. But Batman origins has the best story of the batman games imo. They nailed Bane and the Joker Harley,and Batman love triangle was set up great.

Ditto that and I know the rumor is Elba is playing Vigilante but i still hope he's playing Bronze Tiger(Elba is a legit Kickboxer so I think he could do the role well). I assume we find all of this out at Fandome. Wasnt excited before because Black Adam isn't gonna be notning but talk and some concept art. I doubt The Batman gets anything other them some stills. And I couldn't care less about The Snyder cut. But I forgot about James Gunns Squad movie and I'm hoping we get some good info on the game and the WB Montreal Batman one aswell. I hope Deathstroke is part of the Squad but I feel like It's either him or Deadshot running the team. Not both but who knows. And if the squad is going after Superman, I assume its the crime Syndicate like others said.