Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    This is like making Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe canon to the 616 universe. It ruins a continuity and a character (Arkhamverse Batman) that people have attachment to for the sake of a gimmicky premise.
    Like playing as the Sinister Six to kill the Insomniac Spider-Men

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Joker is confirmed for March 28th. Doubt he’ll make a huge difference on numbers though and if there’s more Sweet Baby mandates you can be certain that’ll tick more people off…

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WB continues to learn the wrong lessons. The AAA console market is "volatile" and will pivot to F2P and mobile games.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wa.../1100-6521597/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WB continues to learn the wrong lessons. The AAA console market is "volatile" and will pivot to F2P and mobile games.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wa.../1100-6521597/
    It's volatile if you expect every game to sell like Hogwart's.

The problem with AAA games is they're too expensive to make.

But they can be profitable if they can keep costs down. These online looter-shooters don't seem to grasp that the people who play them can't play a bunch of them. They need players in for the long-haul. All they seem to see is Fortnite, and get dollar signs in their eyes.
    Last edited by Tuck; 03-05-2024 at 05:58 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Time for these f'n morons to lose MORE MONEY. What a f'n idiot. You just lost millions of dollars with a live service game and your biggest money making games are single player ones that your fans want. Well F-CK THEM....we want money is the message. Time for WB Games to take a huge fall and lose tons of money.

3 years ago AT&T nearly sold the division to Microsoft or EA. Maybe we should have hoped they would have for this nonsense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Zaaslev doesn’t care because he’s going to sell Warner this year to Comcast anyway, or at least the parts he doesn’t want.

I think they honestly believe that it doesn’t matter how successful a single player game is or how much a live service game sucks, they will always see the fact that the latter no matter how creatively bankrupt will always be seen to make money consistently rather than something that makes a lot of money and is fun for a select period. The latter appeals more to the non gaming shareholders and so the latter will continue until morale improves (or doesn’t, they won’t care).

Gamers are sheep and cattle to such people now, as as those who are forced to make such games.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Zaaslev doesn’t care because he’s going to sell Warner this year to Comcast anyway, or at least the parts he doesn’t want.

I think they honestly believe that it doesn’t matter how successful a single player game is or how much a live service game sucks, they will always see the fact that the latter no matter how creatively bankrupt will always be seen to make money consistently rather than something that makes a lot of money and is fun for a select period. The latter appeals more to the non gaming shareholders and so the latter will continue until morale improves (or doesn’t, they won’t care).

Gamers are sheep and cattle to such people now, as as those who are forced to make such games.
    Except as we saw Suicide Squad will cost the company millions of dollars. One estimate is Marvel Avengers cost Square $50 million in losses. Its being estimated that Suicide Squad could cost way , way more in losses for WB.

If it made money , sure you could say this. But when it costs your company major millions of dollars and you ignore it to keep pumping out more...its like your literally a f'n moron.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except as we saw Suicide Squad will cost the company millions of dollars. One estimate is Marvel Avengers cost Square $50 million in losses. Its being estimated that Suicide Squad could cost way , way more in losses for WB.

If it made money , sure you could say this. But when it costs your company major millions of dollars and you ignore it to keep pumping out more...its like your literally a f'n moron.
    The point is they probably won't be pumping out anything, they are just telling speculators what they like to hear. They'll probably be another turn over before anything comes to fruition.

WB Games has people so against them , someone made a Petition online demanding Hogwarts Legacy 2 not be a live service game. Over 5,000+ people signed on within a couple hours on it.

Warner Bros has done the impossible...the entire gaming sphere has seemingly united to trash Suicide Squad and the direction they wanna go in.

According to Miller Ross (I believe that’s his name) on twitter he’s claiming WB is throwing the towel in come January 2025. The game will end after the 6th season as the new Joker stuff didn’t save the game. It actually pissssed off gamers worse.

With them making people be forced to spend money or face hundreds of hours grinding.