Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I wonder what sort of version of Superman could sustain a 100 hour game

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I wonder what sort of version of Superman could sustain a 100 hour game
    Timmverse.

Tangent.

Golden Age (set it in 50s and go all campy with it!)

Max Fleisher.

Pretty much anything with a smaller power scale, if you're going open world.

A Tell-Tale-esque game could be any version.

If the game was more linear, you could make any work.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-16-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Jon's Green Lantern as threats, plus what appears to be some kind of extended prologue in Arkham Asylum? Very interested in this.

So four Leaguers for four members of the Squad.

Flash really looks like he's from Injustice.

Gizmo from Teen Titans is their tech guy?

BANNED

I found the design of the Justice League kind of interesting. Because obviously they are bad guys or antagonists and they are supposed to appear threatening to the players.

So the curious thing is that Flash has yellow eye-lenses that looked very familiar to me.

The Flash in comics and most media adaptations doesn't have eye-lenses, IIRC. He's famous in comics for having full eyes behind his mask and sometimes a white-eyes look. But in the game he has Green Goblin eye-lenses because he's the antagonist you fight, lol.

Obviously the Brainiac contagion also deforms the features of the JLU in a big way making them come off as intimidating. I really wish Hal Jordan was GL here because I like John Stewart and would have preferred to have the Squad whale on Hal (who is historically not a very smart guy in the comics) and it's not cool to do it to a major black superhero.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Which is probably why people look to Rocksteady to doing it - they effectively created the perfect template for a Batman game with Arkham Asylum, so if the same teams approached Superman we’d have faith that they could do the same with him (as they might have if WB had not decided otherwise, for better or worse).

It’s hard to know if they’re as interested in the SS as they are Batman (since they inherited it from WB Montreal as far as we can tell) but I can be fairly sure they will do a good job with them. If it allows us to see a open world version of Metropolis for the first time, even better.
    And it should tell people something that they took a character like Batman and made a legitimate high tier quality AAA game series for him that was renowned for it's gameplay AND they still ended up having a Superman project cancelled after a few years.

Using Spider-Man selling well as an example isn't really a great one. There is a biolerplate template for a fundamentally sound and beloved Spider-Man game. Way back in 2004 we got pretty much the model for that. So it's not surprising that one of the top 3 biggest heroes with an established track record finally getting the AAA treatment by a major studio did well.

The problem is nobody has really figured out how to make a good funamentally sound Superman game without also sacraficing things that make the character appealing.

The amount of details Rocksteady gets in their games even in the trailers are amazing.

The amount of details Rocksteady gets in their games even in the trailers are amazing.
    This really makes me wish we were getting a Justice League game rather than a game about killing them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This really makes me wish we were getting a Justice League game rather than a game about killing them.
    I hope that there's more to this Suicide Squad game than they are letting on.

Rocksteady are masters of deceptive marketing, only putting the smallest breadcrumbs in the marketing and promos while hiding the bulk of the game on Launch and the games always land with the most unexpected and shocking twists (Arkham City, Arkham Knight especially).

Suicide Squad looks and feels like a massive comedown from their previous games in being less ambitious but at the same time Suicide Squad is an IP that allows them a lot of freedom. Just saying doing a MGS-2 twist with Suicide Squad as protagonists wouldn't split the fandom the way that game promised you Solid Snake and gave you Raiden. Here they are advertising a squad of Raidens and that means there's the possibility of a Solid Snake in the game eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I hope that there's more to this Suicide Squad game than they are letting on.

Rocksteady are masters of deceptive marketing, only putting the smallest breadcrumbs in the marketing and promos while hiding the bulk of the game on Launch and the games always land with the most unexpected and shocking twists (Arkham City, Arkham Knight especially).

Suicide Squad looks and feels like a massive comedown from their previous games in being less ambitious but at the same time Suicide Squad is an IP that allows them a lot of freedom. Just saying doing a MGS-2 twist with Suicide Squad as protagonists wouldn't split the fandom the way that game promised you Solid Snake and gave you Raiden. Here they are advertising a squad of Raidens and that means there's the possibility of a Solid Snake in the game eventually.
    It seems like Wonder Woman ends up helping the Squad so maybe they find a way to undo the JL's brainwashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah I'm not as keen on the concept of Rocksteady doing an entire trilogy of games for the Suicide Squad and maintaining the Injustice nature of making heroes villains constantly. I rather they use this game to lead into a Justice League game with the team having to bounce down from both Batman's apparent death and their brainwashing by Brainiac, restored into heroes that people can trust and believe in. Doesn't mean it has to lose the darker aspects (you can always pit them against Darkseid or Starro or something) but something where the team is actually back together, ideally with Aquaman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl alongside for the ride.

Confirmed that Flash is Barry Allan.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The gameplay looks fun.

Confirmed that Flash is Barry Allan.
    Looks fun, if nothing else .

The amount of details this channel finds and knows about is insane. This could easily give us some clues to the sort of side missions we might expect in the game.