Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Is the Flash Barry Allen or the second Wally West?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Angel View Post
    Is the Flash Barry Allen or the second Wally West?
    Barry. Boomerang calls him Barry when calling him out.

A leaked image of the game shows a battle pass

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/...09866162851840

It is a live service

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    A leaked image of the game shows a battle pass

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/...09866162851840

It is a live service
    Oof. Well, that kills what hype I still had left.

lol, why are they all holding guns in that screengrab? Is this a joke and they're going to announce the real next Rocksteady game on April 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    lol, why are they all holding guns in that screengrab? Is this a joke and they're going to announce the real next Rocksteady game on April 1st?
    The game is a third person shooter

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

My friend sent me plot leaks, dunno if they're real but hoo boy...sounds like they're expecting it to fail.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The leaks seem to suggest that they were planning a live service game akin to Avengers before they saw what a crap fest that ended up being so the delays have been about changing the game significantly to be more a story driven shooter with multiplayer elements. Time will tell if that’s correct of course.

Never pre order a game now, guys. Always wait for reviews first.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    The leaks seem to suggest that they were planning a live service game akin to Avengers before they saw what a crap fest that ended up being so the delays have been about changing the game significantly to be more a story driven shooter with multiplayer elements. Time will tell if that’s correct of course.

Never pre order a game now, guys. Always wait for reviews first.
    Hopefully the delays means Rocksteady is smarter about it. It is clear that Gotham Knights was suppose to be a live service. The service was dropped but it's design remained. Hopefully SS can drop the design too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

With Gunn now in charge of the video games , movies and TV division ; I have to wonder if he'll push Rocksteady to go back to Arkham Universe of games. With Gotham Knights laying an egg by most accounts and fans now irked at the potential that this won't be good...I have to wonder if he'll push that back into division.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    With Gunn now in charge of the video games , movies and TV division ; I have to wonder if he'll push Rocksteady to go back to Arkham Universe of games. With Gotham Knights laying an egg by most accounts and fans now irked at the potential that this won't be good...I have to wonder if he'll push that back into division.
    According to perceived leaks Suicide Squad is going to spoilers:
    retcon everything post Arkham Asylum into a new universe thanks to Barry using the Flashpoint Protocols
    end of spoilers so I wouldn’t be surprised if Gunn could work that into a focused video game reality as Insomniac is doing with Spider-Man and Wolverine, starting with the upcoming Wonder Woman game.

Apparently Suicide Squad is another one of those ‘always has to be online to even play in solo mode’ games. Basically means the moment the developers and Warner shut down online servers it’ll be unplayable.

Apparently Suicide Squad is another one of those ‘always has to be online to even play in solo mode’ games. Basically means the moment the developers and Warner shut down online servers it’ll be unplayable.
    Now we know why the founders of the studio left last year.

So that showcase was not the best imo

PROS:

The world looks vibrant, colourful and fun

Sometimes combat looks fun and chaotic in a good way

Story still looks like it has potential to be interesting

The Devs seem excited

CONS

Everything else tbh

The graphics look a bit rough on elements like lasers and power assets, possibly due to so much happening on screen at once

Metropolis doesn’t look very interesting as an environment so far

Traversal elements look to have been forced on the characters in the strangest ways (Boomerang using the speed force to essentially teleport, Harley swinging off a drone that follows her around)

Combat looks one note for every character apart from King Shark, but even he has his moments - this may be due to it being a shooter more than anything, but come on. We’re playing as a character Called Captain Boomerang and we don’t get to use Boomerangs as our main weapon?

It looks like a clone of Saints Row, Crackdown, Sumset Overdrive, and Fortnite, all at once

I don’t know, I’m not optimistic. I think a lot of people are excited just because it’s a new entry in the Arkham universe, but I always found the stories themselves pretty bland/generic apart from City (even that had its faults), so if the combat/gameplay in Suicide Squad isn’t in good shape I don’t know if this game will be for me. I’m also not into massive shooter games, so maybe this just ain’t for me in general

The sneaking suspicion I have though, is that Rocksteady got further into making that shelved superman game than we thought. Using Superman’s city and his villain as the main villain reeks of this previously being a Superman game, but made to change. I think it would have also been viable for Superman to go up against brainwashed JLA in order to combat the worry that it’s impossible to create believable threats in a Superman game.

Overall I’m just disappointed that we’ll probably have a great looking Metropolis that we won’t get to explore as Superman. It’s like if we got Arkham City for the first time, but instead of Batman we could only play as Mr Freeze with an AK-47 and he can teleport.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Now we know why the founders of the studio left last year.

You would have thought the Avengers cash grab would have been enough. Well ....time to watch this sales of this game tank so James Gunn and company can fix it soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.