Default Knight Rider Movie Coming From James Wan.

Back in the works again. Knight Rider Movie Coming From James Wan.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/k...an-1234727825/

I hope they get someone good to voice Kitt short of bringing William Daniels back.

Damn, for some reason my brain initially read that as Kamen Rider from James Wan. Even though that's a franchise I'm not that familiar with, I'm somehow still disappointed...

Extraordinary Member

Looks like Vin Diesel's gonna get another franchise.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damn, for some reason my brain initially read that as Kamen Rider from James Wan. Even though that's a franchise I'm not that familiar with, I'm somehow still disappointed...
    You are not alone. I also read it as Kamen Rider and wanted to get hyped. The only thing I know about Knight Rider is the Busta Rhymes song that sampled the theme.

Incredible Member

the hoff is back. he surely will have a cameo. too iconic not to be involved.

Boisterously Confused

I loved the show back in the day. But seriously, aren't we close enough to that technology to make this cheesey? If they make it a period piece, like The Rocketeer , fine otherwise...?

I want Michael Knight (ne Long) to be the voice of K.I.F.T. - Knight Industries Four Thousand. And then other people voicing other vehicles - Eric Estrada as a motorocycle named K.I.M.M. - Knight Industries Motorcycle Machine, Heather Locklear as K.I.R.F.E.M.T.T. - Knight Industries Rotory Flight Enabled Massive Troop Transport, etc...

And Jason Mamoa as Garthe Knight:
    unnamed.jpg

Hopefully they learned things from the failed two TV show spinoffs, and can make this a decent movie.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You are not alone. I also read it as Kamen Rider and wanted to get hyped. The only thing I know about Knight Rider is the Busta Rhymes song that sampled the theme.
    This reminds me of James Gunn casually admitting he loves Kamen Rider on twitter .

Universal Studios might as well make kitt stand for knight industries three thousand. or thirty thousand.

they need more characters, especially for a movie plot. Can't just be Devon and Bonnie. Might as well include April, too, and mechanic RC3.

Have some compelling villains. Have more stunt situations.

Turbo Boost is a trope now, they need to be selective in depicting that.

Make Michael different this time. make him moral but give him more of an edge. Maybe he doesn't automatically get along with Kitt by the end of the movie.

Additionally, if they want to give some more crossover potential to the series, then they can connect this to the Fast & the Furious franchise. Fast cars, action-adventure, cross-country settings, they might as well take it there. Have a strategic guest appearance by some folks from the franchise like Vin Diesel, The Rock, Jason Statham, etc.; since Ludacris is the tech-head of the team he might make sense, too.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 08-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.