Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I just saw the trailer. On top of making him a villain, they also made him a murderer too. Good work, DC. You've officially ruined Superman.
    Assassinate Putin!

Is it time the Superman fandom embraced murder? Instead of lamenting the character's current direction, why not celebrate it and gawk at the awesome kills Superman performs?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Is it time the Superman fandom embraced murder? Instead of lamenting the character's current direction, why not celebrate it and gawk at the awesome kills Superman performs?
    I don't recall using heat vision to lobotomize a child being cool. I must be outmoded.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So we're getting yet another Evil Superman from a company that allegedly handled sexual harassment allegations very poorly:

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide...ual-harassment

Petty and comparatively unimportant fandom stuf aside, shame on them.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    So we're getting yet another Evil Superman from a company that allegedly handled sexual harassment allegations very poorly:

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide...ual-harassment

Petty and comparatively unimportant fandom stuf aside, shame on them.
    Sad to say that the story of the decade for Superman is that the people who handle him seem to have an ugly history of sexual violence. This **** needs to go, capes or otherwise. There needs to be a zero-tolerance policy at every organization for this abysmal behavior.

BANNED

In the old days, Superman's most iconic power was flight. These days its heat vision. There needs to be a moratorium on that.

I have had it up to here with the red-eyed Superman silhouette close-up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In the old days, Superman's most iconic power was flight. These days its heat vision. There needs to be a moratorium on that.

Same. It makes me roll my eyes every time I see it now.

I’m not up on a lot of the current merchandise out but I saw these figures the other day. I also saw a backpack or something where Superman had the blazing red eyes going. Not my thing in all honesty but then I’m old. Lol!!

4FF35FBB-8D55-4A18-B988-6F732D8C4656.jpg

2E250CB8-9D28-4A7B-9901-1C201314C9F2.jpg

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Murder is not something to be embraced. Wanton murder could never be justified. There is self defence. there is accidents. Fans of the character are fans of the heroic and altruistic spirit of the character that used strength to protect the weak and the oppressed. Sure enough, superman has taken life.But, He didn't go around murdering people and for that sake only. And Sure enough, the company made another morally bankrupt superman but asking people to see this nonsense as character itself is a bit much.
    This is superman. This will always be superman. The character seigel and shuster created was an alien hero. He was champion.
    In the words of shining knight with some modifications.
    "There it is, the creeping moral decay of past 82 years"
    "I will die as befits a knight, defending the weak"

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    I’m not up on a lot of the current merchandise out but I saw these figures the other day. I also saw a backpack or something where Superman had the blazing red eyes going. Not my thing in all honesty but then I’m old. Lol!!

4FF35FBB-8D55-4A18-B988-6F732D8C4656.jpg

2E250CB8-9D28-4A7B-9901-1C201314C9F2.jpg
    I “think” the intent is to show that Superman is “for adults now” by having him snarl and flare up his red eyes all the time. It doesn’t work but they’ve thoroughly gone and run with that idea. All it succeeds in doing now is making him look unhinged and unstable.

The red eyes work awesome in a proper context, like the famous "Burn" moment vs. Mongul. I mean, in general even without that its never been much a sticking point with me in the past. You'd see it on covers as far back as the 90s with no context, just for a cool edgy look. No big. But back then DC didn't have a gigantic love affair with portraying him as evil either. They do now, so hits a little different today. Without that element I'd easily go back to not minding one way or another. But that's not something DC's willing to drop any time soon.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-23-2020 at 10:56 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Well, he's flying while vaporizing people, so...

Do they sell an Superman figures with a heat vision attachable accessory? I feel like there was a Cyclops toy that did.

Gentleman, I know we are all still upset and exceedingly peeved off with yet another slaunder at Superman's reputation with this suicide squad kills the justice league game. But I had a epiphany creep into my brain just a second ago.

The plot supposedly revolves around the idea that the justice league has been brainwashed by brainiac and he is using them to cause mayhem. But what if that is not actually the case. A while back when I was doing vs debating and a friend asked me who would win between brainiac and frieza, I said brainiac would win and I substantiated my answer with feats brainiac accomplished throughout post crisis timeline. Just now I remembered one of brainiacs feats in the post crisis timeline.

In one story, Brainiac used his powers combined with limited human technology to subconsciously create a Superman Clone which brainiac then proceeded to combine himself with and use as a weapon against the real Superman.

https://i.imgur.com/rwsLzk9.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/OusvX

This is similar to when Brainiac/Luthor created clones of the Justice Lords to fight the real Justice League in the events of Justice League unlimited Divided we Fall.

So my theory is, what if the superman we see vapourising people in the trailer isn't Superman being brainwashed at all, but rather a clone created along with clones of the other Justice League members by Brainiac, sent for whatever purposes and the real Justice League members are being kept captive by Brainiac himself.
    Last edited by Dralokonda; 08-24-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    So my theory is, what if the superman we see vapourising people in the trailer isn't Superman being brainwashed at all, but rather a clone created along with clones of the other Justice League members by Brainiac, sent for whatever purposes and the real Justice League members are being kept captive by Brainiac himself?
    Interesting theory. I gotta say, though, a captive Superman being framed by an impostor doesn't carry much more value for me than a brainwashed Superman, if at all.

Just watched bits of the trailer. I feel like every time some guy gets his hands on a Superman, he thinks it'd be highly shocking to show Superman as something less than good and/or Super, as if some of us longer-time fans have never seen something like that before. At some point, the surprising thing is going to be a straight-up representation of Superman as a hero you'd want to be.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 08-24-2020 at 10:36 AM.