Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Rocksteady Suicide Squad game with Superman as the target

Just saw this:

https://www.cbr.com/rocksteady-confi...perman-teaser/

So rather than get a Superman game, we're getting one where he's being targeted. Nice to see they've learned nothing.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'm really curious to see how this works, though making the Justice League the targets is likely to ruffle some feathers.

Although I've heard some speculation the Supes in that image might actually be Bizarro.

BANNED

I like Rocksteady and am curious about SUICIDE SQUAD and will play it, but seriously Warner Bros or AT&T or whoever has editorial input need to either be fired or allowed to do their job. They are repeatedly undermining Superman's brand over and over again.

Having said that, let me say that between Batman fighting Superman and the Suicide Squad fighting Superman, I'd take the Squad since they are obviously bad guys and scumbags.

Monkey's paw situation; wanted a DC game that wasn't Injustice or Batman and you get Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm really curious to see how this works, though making the Justice League the targets is likely to ruffle some feathers.

Although I've heard some speculation the Supes in that image might actually be Bizarro.
    I think an interesting plot would be if The Squad is sent in to stop Luthor from creating Bizarro. From a video game stand point that seems fun.

Well....can't say I'd be surprised if it's Superman who's the ultimate target. Sure, it might be Lex and Bizarro, or the entire League, but if it's just the government saying "We can't trust this Superman guy, send in the Squad" it will not surprise me at all.

I mean, did anyone expect WB to suddenly pull their head out of their asses and give Clark his due?

I had no interest in the game to begin with, but this definitely makes it a hard pass for me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

First thing that comes to mind, you know that Friday the 13th game where you have one guy playing a OP Jason Vorhees and a bunch of other players play the camp counselors he's trying to murder. And all the counslors job is to hide, survive and maybe, maybe get a lucky shot in. Well that's kinda the first thought that comes to mind with a game about Superman vs the Suicide Squad. Have a multiplayer mode, have someone play Superman playing cat and mouse with a bunch of outmatched suicide squad players.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This could play out any number of ways so I won't declare this a bad move just yet.

But if the end result is a game where you have to kill Superman to win...yesh.
    Though maybe the Squad will turn against the government instead of killing Supes.

Great! Now we all can see Harley Queen beating the crap out of Superman.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Talk about fighting out of your weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Talk about fighting out of your weight class.
    Yes, Superman should start aiming lower, first Batman and now Harley Quinn? Who is he going try fight next? Wonder Woman?

He should go for Kite Man, is possible he will win.

Why did i ever bother becoming a superman fan. Warner bros wants to make it clear that you should be ashamed to call yourself a superman fan.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

To try and stay positive on this, maybe Rocksteady is testing the waters on a possible Superman game.

EDIT: looking at a high res version of the image, there seem to be lines/veins on his face near his eyes. Maybe this IS Bizarro?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    To try and stay positive on this, maybe Rocksteady is testing the waters on a possible Superman game.

EDIT: looking at a high res version of the image, there seem to be lines/veins on his face near his eyes. Maybe this IS Bizarro?
    Nah it’s Supes. Rocksteady pitched a Superman game but WB rejected their pitch. There’s a leak floating around saying that Batman tries to shut Waller down after learning about Project Cadmus, so Waller retaliates by sending the SS after the League. Least Supes isn’t evil in this one . It will be a villains protagonist game.

However there was a story a while ago that was the first to say Rocksteady was making SS. https://t.co/kro5sMZRGd?amp=1
    The new Batman game will kick off a new, somewhat cohesive DC Game Universe. Shortly after it’s release this Fall, it will be followed up by a next-gen DC game from the creators of the Batman: Arkham franchise, Rocksteady Studios which we’ve heard is a new Suicide Squad game. The roadmap from there is foggy; sources have said that a next-gen Superman game (NOT ROCKSTEADY) is also in the works at WB, but nothing confirmed yet.
    They were right about Rocksteady on SS and apparently the first to say the new WBM Batman game will be a reboot. So fingers crossed the next WBM game is indeed Superman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Well, the trend of Superman turning evil or dying as Warner Brothers' sole interest with the character seemingly continues.

Bonus points for him getting beaten by Harley Quinn.

I really hate WB.
    Last edited by Robanker; 08-07-2020 at 12:52 PM.