Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The thought occurs to me that they could always pulls some shenanigans where you think you’re taking on the Justice League, but it turns out to be imposters of some kind - perhaps the Crime Syndicate.

Something like that would not only serve the purposes of letting the SS take on the “Justice League,” but also allow them to be more ruthlessly effective villains singularly, but plagued by infighting and backstabbing as a group - thus allowing for a mission where the entire SS takes on “Green Lantern”/Power Ring, and he cant call for help.

Just spitballing, here. There’s not a lot of good ways to have the SS vs the Justice League as a straight up premise.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Superman'd probably be the final boss with the Squad fighting "weaker" heroes first.

If I were in charge of how the Superman boss fight would go, I would personally make Superman an unkillable boss similar to the Darth Vader boss fight at the end of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Every time the protagonist Cal Kestis fights Darth Vader directly and doesn't complete the quick time event, Vader kills you immediately. You have to escape from Vader rather than deplete his health bar down to zero, because he doesn't have one.

In an ideal world, this is how I think the Superman boss fight should go in the Suicide Squad game. Rather than beating Superman, the Squad has to escape from him and if he catches up to you, it's game over. Harley Quinn's hammer would break on contact, Deadshot's bullets bounce off his skin, Captain Boomerang's boomerangs do nothing, Killer Frost is incapacitated with heat vision, even the Enchantress would be unable to keep Superman down with her magic. If Rocksteady are capable of being creative and respecting both the Squad's capabilities and Superman's obvious power advantage, this could be a unique final boss battle.

Of course I recognise this as wishful thinking. In reality it will probably be something similar to the Gladiator boss fight in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance where you have to activate some devices to damage his health bar.

I mean what to even say.

At this point its not confirmed that Superman is a bad guy. So, i would be angry over nothing.

This seems quite likely to happen. In that case, why be angry? People at WB seem to have negligible faith in the character or concept of Superman. If you don't want to do anything with Superman, his powers can make him a very formidable villain. You have a character as powerful as Darkseid. Might as well give him his own Apokolips.

Suicide Squad could have been an interesting game. I don't follow the recent comics but i have read some of the older comics. I liked the black ops, political intrigue style of those stories. No one seemed safe. Each mission had one or two kills. Last of Us shows you can do great character work and stories in games if you try.

BANNED

I am the only one who thinks. Suicide Squad: Defeat the entire league except Batman
    Batman: Defeat the suicide squad and save the league, with the final boss a controlled superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    If I were in charge of how the Superman boss fight would go, I would personally make Superman an unkillable boss similar to the Darth Vader boss fight at the end of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Every time the protagonist Cal Kestis fights Darth Vader directly and doesn't complete the quick time event, Vader kills you immediately. You have to escape from Vader rather than deplete his health bar down to zero, because he doesn't have one.

In an ideal world, this is how I think the Superman boss fight should go in the Suicide Squad game. Rather than beating Superman, the Squad has to escape from him and if he catches up to you, it's game over. Harley Quinn's hammer would break on contact, Deadshot's bullets bounce off his skin, Captain Boomerang's boomerangs do nothing, Killer Frost is incapacitated with heat vision, even the Enchantress would be unable to keep Superman down with her magic. If Rocksteady are capable of being creative and respecting both the Squad's capabilities and Superman's obvious power advantage, this could be a unique final boss battle.
    Now, this is what i am talking about. He is the goddamn superman. If he is gonna be boss antagonist . He should be the most badass boss antagonist there is.

How will the protagonist survive Superman's Kryptonian Hello? Maybe you can equip neck armour to your character.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 08-09-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Makes sense. Waller doesn't like the League, or... anyone that can't be controlled by the government... why are we assuming they're hunting evil Superman again instead of just Waller and the Squad being Waller and the Squad?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Makes sense. Waller doesn't like the League, or... anyone that can't be controlled by the government... why are we assuming they're hunting evil Superman again instead of just Waller and the Squad being Waller and the Squad?
    Superman has a very bad image, that's why anything that serves to damage that image is bad for the character superman villain = bad for superman and his fans.
    superman enemy of the player = bad for superman and his fans

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Superman'd probably be the final boss with the Squad fighting "weaker" heroes first.
    Please. There's no way it's not going to be Batman who is the end boss with the JLA acting as his minibosses. Don't forget this is WB.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Please. There's no way it's not going to be Batman who is the end boss with the JLA acting as his minibosses. Don't forget this is WB.
    In the suicide squad game, the league (without batman) will be defeated and superman will be the final boss. In the batman game, the suicide squad will be defeated to save the league, with the final boss a controlled superman.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Now, this is what i am talking about. He is the goddamn superman. If he is gonna be boss antagonist . He should be the most badass boss antagonist there is.
    Indeed, I'd buy such a game. Sadly, they'll likely nerf Sups instead so he can job to Harley.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Final boss battle might be related to Waller or some unrelated threat that isn't revealed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Superman has a very bad image, that's why anything that serves to damage that image is bad for the character superman villain = bad for superman and his fans.
    superman enemy of the player = bad for superman and his fans
    Not really. People are rushing to conclusions.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not really. People are rushing to conclusions.
    I feel like things will get (a little) better if we get similar posters for other JL members so it's not all focused on Superman.