Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    On one hand it's the Suicide Squad, they'd do something like this. On the other hand it's Snyder Superman so maybe he needs to be taken down a peg?
    Why do you have such a hate boner for snyder superman? Did snyder superman kill your cat or something?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-08-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The irony of this is, someone like Harley would never be picked for something called the "suicide squad". A slightly above average athlete with a giant mallet would not be sent into a combat situation. She was only in there because she helped the Joker kill people in the first place. This is the equivalent of sending in one of Charles Manson's girls into a combat situation.
    The movie was botched from the get go. Nice to see they learned a lesson and use the same "our line of defense against Superman". Remember when Suicide Squad was good? When it was political and character driven and had combat with weight to it?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    TBH I forgot about Gunn's film for a second, but yeah I'm sure that plays a role. And yeah when I mentioned two movies I was thinking BOP, so that wasn't an entirely focused thought, lol. Team stuff have not served Harley well though even though the actress nails her particular role. So I still believe what I said about that stuff seemingly weighing her down, I just was wrong that both times it was the SS.
    Oh yeah, I bet the movie they were trying to get Cavill back for is SUICIDE SQUAD. Superman will be the villain, and the fandom will love it because he smiled once towards the end right before hellfire is rained down on him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh yeah, I bet the movie they were trying to get Cavill back for is SUICIDE SQUAD. Superman will be the villain, and the fandom will love it because he smiled once towards the end right before hellfire is rained down on him.
    Or superman dodges and the hellfire swiftly falls on batman's head.

I mean, we're kind of assuming a lot about Superman's involvement without knowing anything about the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, we're kind of assuming a lot about Superman's involvement without knowing anything about the game...
    Is always possible that Superman is only mentioned on the game, like in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Is always possible that Superman is only mentioned on the game, like in the movie.
    I don't think it'll be that extent when he's shown on the first teaser visual, but that also doesn't mean they're turning him into a villain, a caricature, or completely disrespecting him by incorporating him into a Suicide Squad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    On one hand it's the Suicide Squad, they'd do something like this. On the other hand it's Snyder Superman so maybe he needs to be taken down a peg?
    Is that you Batfleck?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If the premise of the game is SS vs. JL and you're playing as members of the SS, then it's presumed that in order to win you have to beat the JL. Now, if the premise is a JL vs. SS game and you can pick which side you want to be on, that might be a little different. But we're talking about a team whose two most popular members are Harley Queen and Deadshot. Neither one of which is a match for most of the League. I suppose they could throw in the Enchantress and have a chance against some of the heavy hitters like Superman and WW but all in all I don't see how they win against the actual League unless something like mind control is involved.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That'd be quite the feat given it's already done filming.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

If the premise of the game is SS vs. JL and you're playing as members of the SS, then it's presumed that in order to win you have to beat the JL. Now, if the premise is a JL vs. SS game and you can pick which side you want to be on, that might be a little different. But we're talking about a team whose two most popular members are Harley Queen and Deadshot. Neither one of which is a match for most of the League. I suppose they could throw in the Enchantress and have a chance against some of the heavy hitters like Superman and WW but all in all I don't see how they win against the actual League unless something like mind control is involved.
    Of the rumored Squad line up, only Enchantress and Cheetah seem to be heavy hitters. And depending on how big the League is and who is on it, no way are they enough. They can hold their own against a few of them; Cheetah can obviously fight Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman possibly assisted by Superman, Green Lantern and J'onn and her only powerful teammate is Enchantress? They would both be screwed.

Unhappy

It makes me so angry and sad when I see characters who are heavily inspired by Superman such as Goku, One Punch Man (heck, he's a semi-parody character), and the cast of the Boys doing gangbusters while Big Blue is the victim of DC's/Warner's continuing ineptitude.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-08-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    of course because in an SS game, the role of superman will be a final boss that defeats them

I'm kind of wondering how this functions because I don't see the game starting you out fighting someone from the League and none of them I could see the Squad taking out in a conventional fight.

I should really just stop holding out hope for that elusive good/great Superman game.