Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm not expecting it to go that badly. If Rocksteady is doing this, is there a possibility that this is in the same canon as the Arkham games? In which case we know nothing serious will happen to Batman in this, and he sounds like Waller's main target.
    The article I posted said Suicide Squad and WBM Batman will take place in the same universe which is separate from the Arkham games.

That said you guys know the difference between a “villain” and an “antagonist” right? The JL are going to be the “antagonists” but I don’t think they’re going to be villains.

I'm not disappointed because I had no expectation in the first place when it comes to Superman, I knew a game for him wasn't happening. But it is confusing why out of all other ideas they pick this. Suicide Squad is such an overrated property. The hot portion of it is Harley, in fact its the only hot part of it. And if anything Squad related stuff just brings her down, I mean look at the bad two movies.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-07-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The article I posted said Suicide Squad and WBM Batman will take place in the same universe which is separate from the Arkham games.

That said you guys know the difference between a “villain” and an “antagonist” right? The JL are going to be the “antagonists” but I don’t think they’re going to be villains.
    Yeah I think they will be "Heroic Antagonists," not parodies like in the Boys. That at least I'm not worried about.

The article says Suicide Squad would be released after the new Batman game, but Rocksteady being involved with Suicide Squad made me think it would be its own thing. And that the possible Superman game would be in the same continuity as Batman, which would be neat. Hoping Wonder Woman is after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm not disappointed because I had no expectation in the first place when it comes to Superman, I knew a game for him wasn't happening. But it is confusing why out of all other ideas they pick this. Suicide Squad is such an overrated property. The hot portion of it is Harley, in fact its the only hot part of it. And if anything Squad related stuff just brings her down, I mean look at the bad two movies.
    That’s a valid point, given how SS is still getting pushed after the godawful first movie, whereas Superman and Green Lantern were largely written off after their varying degrees of disappointing outings. Meanwhile in 2020 the Flash still hasn’t had a movie.
    The best explanation I can think of is that dc finds it in their best interest to have the image that they have more to offer than just superheroes. Obviously we all know that’s their thing, but you can’t blame them for wanting to diversify a bit. And what’s their biggest non-superhero property? At this point their “dirty dozen but with supervillains” is as good an answer as any. That’s also why I think they’re making a Trench movie and another GCPD tv show.

What's the second film? The Harley film?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    That’s a valid point, given how SS is still getting pushed after the godawful first movie, whereas Superman and Green Lantern were largely written off after their varying degrees of disappointing outings. Meanwhile in 2020 the Flash still hasn’t had a movie.
    The best explanation I can think of is that dc finds it in their best interest to have the image that they have more to offer than just superheroes. Obviously we all know that’s their thing, but you can’t blame them for wanting to diversify a bit. And what’s their biggest non-superhero property? At this point their “dirty dozen but with supervillains” is as good an answer as any. That’s also why I think they’re making a Trench movie and another GCPD tv show.
    Honestly, it feels like Suicide Squad gets a pass and push where others don't because it's an essentially an extended member of the Bat-Franchise given Harley's inclusion (and Deadshot going ways back starting as a Bat-villain if you wan't to count him).

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I like Rocksteady and am curious about SUICIDE SQUAD and will play it, but seriously Warner Bros or AT&T or whoever has editorial input need to either be fired or allowed to do their job. They are repeatedly undermining Superman's brand over and over again.
    I wouldn't say that's completely true. I mean, 2020 was the year of Superman in animated films and they're giving him his own TV show with Tyler Hoechlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well....can't say I'd be surprised if it's Superman who's the ultimate target. Sure, it might be Lex and Bizarro, or the entire League, but if it's just the government saying "We can't trust this Superman guy, send in the Squad" it will not surprise me at all.
    I imagine there will be "target" poster for several League members, not just Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, not a good sign considering how poorly the DCAU handled a lot of the League characters who weren't Batman.
    I wouldn't necessarily expect Rocksteady to slavishly copy the DCAU. They never really have even with the Arkham games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah it’s Supes. Rocksteady pitched a Superman game but WB rejected their pitch. There’s a leak floating around saying that Batman tries to shut Waller down after learning about Project Cadmus, so Waller retaliates by sending the SS after the League. Least Supes isn’t evil in this one . It will be a villains protagonist game.

However there was a story a while ago that was the first to say Rocksteady was making SS. https://t.co/kro5sMZRGd?amp=1

They were right about Rocksteady on SS and apparently the first to say the new WBM Batman game will be a reboot. So fingers crossed the next WBM game is indeed Superman.
    Having the League try to take out the Squad and the Squad striking back is an interesting premise, but I wonder if they'll go as far as to have the Squad actually kill the heroes or just incapacitate them.
    Maybe they want to tie-in with James Gunn's SS film.

Honestly, it feels like Suicide Squad gets a pass and push where others don't because it's an essentially an extended member of the Bat-Franchise given Harley's inclusion (and Deadshot going ways back starting as a Bat-villain if you wan't to count him).
    Sure, that probably factors in too, but I don’t think that’s the big reason. Especially given how much that depends on the lineup. I mean look at the next one, isn’t the Gunn Squad gonna be Vigilante, Captain Boomerang, pokka dot man, Rick Flagg, Lot of others I’m not familiar with, and yeah Harley. Floyd, if you see him as a Batman enemy, won’t be in the next one, (though he’ll almost certainly be in the game.)

TBH I forgot about Gunn's film for a second, but yeah I'm sure that plays a role. And yeah when I mentioned two movies I was thinking BOP, so that wasn't an entirely focused thought, lol. Team stuff have not served Harley well though even though the actress nails her particular role. So I still believe what I said about that stuff seemingly weighing her down, I just was wrong that both times it was the SS.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think it’s two factors
    1. DC wants to establish other tent pole franchises like what Marvel has. Marvel has the Avengers, the X-Men, and the Fantastic Four as their big teams. DC has the JL and that’s it. The Titans and LOSH haven’t really been top teams in a while. Now neither has Suicide Squad so why would DC push them? Which brings me to
    2. It’s basically a Batman spinoff these days, populated mainly with B and C-List Batman Rogues (and Harley Quinn). And we all know that WB and DC have basically relied on Batman to keep them afloat these days with how badly they’ve botched all their other franchises.

Plus unlike the Titans and the LoSH, the SS does bring something different to the table. They have a rather unique premise within the DCU of being teammates who hate each other and only work together because they’re forced to. They’re not “a family”. They’re not the big guns. They’re killers who are only out for themselves, and adding Waller into the mix lets them get political in a way most Big 2 comics don’t (at least pre-HiX-Men anyway).

Yeah they’ve gotten way more second chances than anyone else has. But I don’t actually mind that? I like the idea of the Squad. I just wish they’d add some more Rogues other than Batman’s. Throw Metallo on there, nobody’s doing **** with him over in the Superbooks anyway.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I like that the corrupt government officials and its hired assassins are going after superman. Heck! I would be more thrilled if superman is seen as big bad by especially these guys. They should. I always loved the superman as the outlaw. This also fits with supes being an alien and outsider identity. I like superman as controversial figure, more than goody twoshoes hero. So, this doesn't bother me.Having said that, I am not thrilled with the fact that supes could get beat.
    And if this is just another villain superman with stupid slippery slope arguments. Then pass. I would like this story to be like playing as marines in a one piece game with luffy or whitebeard being the "bad guy".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-07-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Superman was the character that put DC on the map and they still continue to disrespect him like this. They never learn do they?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I just made a comment on youtube pointing out how stuff like this and injustice have done nothing but give superman bad representation. I have been instantly branded a "baised braggard" with the money and sales figures for injustice being "proof" that i'm talking nothing but bullshit.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's surprising to me to see some people lie to themselves and believe it's not Superman in the teaser image. Bizarro would be an easier pill to shallow but he has no history with the squad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's surprising to me to see some people lie to themselves and believe it's not Superman in the teaser image. Bizarro would be an easier pill to shallow but he has no history with the squad.
    On one hand it's the Suicide Squad, they'd do something like this. On the other hand it's Snyder Superman so maybe he needs to be taken down a peg?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The irony of this is, someone like Harley would never be picked for something called the "suicide squad". A slightly above average athlete with a giant mallet would not be sent into a combat situation. She was only in there because she helped the Joker kill people in the first place. This is the equivalent of sending in one of Charles Manson's girls into a combat situation.
    Assassinate Putin!