Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    All of which is completely irrelevant. Before Routh, Superman had four movies and he has been a frequent presence on t.v. That is more than most DC characters get.
    Okay, Batman has had eight movies, about five animated shows, two television series and over ten video games, thirteen+ animated movies (I'm not counting team-ups, Justice League, Lego or Unlimited because I don't have all night). What's your point? To be honest, whereas Clark's heyday was before the '90s (he's had two movies and TV shows since, respectively), in that same time Bruce has had six movies and all but one of those animated series that I can recall, and almost all those games are from that time period.

If your argument is that Bruce and Clark get better treatment than the rest, sure, you're correct, but the margin between those two itself is pretty staggering.

Vordan's argument is that their interest in Superman has largely become to keep the rights to him and the occasional lower-budget fart that we have to pray is good. He doesn't get second chances so much as WB get second chances to retain him from going public domain. They don't want to make Superman stuff, but they want other people making Superman stuff even less. That's how it comes across.

It's a crime that WB (now AT&T) has underserved their library of characters for so long, but that doesn't mean just because they once treated Superman the best that it really translates to a lot now.

BANNED

Batgod and Harley Queen shall rule the DC multiverse muahahahahahha.

Anyway this is to be expected. The format of games & movies have always been Evil antagonists vs Likeable protagonists. When the protagonists are selfish murderers, they will be made to have redeeming qualities or be the lesser evil against greater evil. In the animated show HQ, the protagonist villains act more like anti villains than pure villains. If you have the protagonists commit immoral acts so often, it will turn off the viewers or players.

WW is not gonna compete against Batgod & his spin offs when HQ comics outsold WW comics at times. WW is an established female superhero & a feminist icon while HQ is a female anti heroine that could be used in greater variety of stories and has connection to other great Batman characters. As a superhero, WW has no competition but as a franchise WW doesn't compete when her rogues are used as side characters in HQ animated show. Its clear that Batgod and his spin offs have always gotten the focus.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 08-23-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Okay, Batman has had eight movies, about five animated shows, two television series and over ten video games, thirteen+ animated movies (I'm not counting team-ups, Justice League, Lego or Unlimited because I don't have all night). What's your point? To be honest, whereas Clark's heyday was before the '90s (he's had two movies and TV shows since, respectively), in that same time Bruce has had six movies and all but one of those animated series that I can recall, and almost all those games are from that time period.

If your argument is that Bruce and Clark get better treatment than the rest, sure, you're correct, but the margin between those two itself is pretty staggering.

Vordan's argument is that their interest in Superman has largely become to keep the rights to him and the occasional lower-budget fart that we have to pray is good. He doesn't get second chances so much as WB get second chances to retain him from going public domain. They don't want to make Superman stuff, but they want other people making Superman stuff even less. That's how it comes across.

It's a crime that WB (now AT&T) has underserved their library of characters for so long, but that doesn't mean just because they once treated Superman the best that it really translates to a lot now.
    The comment that Vordan responded to was my argument that Superman is never allowed to get second chances when Batman does which is not the case. Whether or not he gets as many second chances as Batman is a different argument all together.

The comment that Vordan responded to was my argument that Superman is never allowed to get second chances when Batman does which is not the case. Whether or not he gets as many second chances as Batman is a different argument all together.
    He certainly gets fewer, and frankly an Arrowverse TV show where he's already been built up as Supergirl's hype man who jobs to her as his redemption opportunity are pretty weighted dice in the craps game AT&T are playing.

He certainly gets fewer, and frankly an Arrowverse TV show where he's already been built up as Supergirl's hype man who jobs to her as his redemption opportunity are pretty weighted dice in the craps game AT&T are playing.
    Are people still complaining about that fight in Supergirl? You guys do know this isn't the only fight he'd had in that continuity right?

Again, that he gets fewer chances than Batman is not the same as never getting any and it wasn't what I was responding to in my reply to revolutionary jack.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-23-2020 at 02:55 AM.

Are people still complaining about that fight in Supergirl? You guys do know this isn't the only fight he'd had in that continuity right?

Again, that he gets fewer chances than Batman is not the same as never getting any and it wasn't what I was responding to in my reply to revolutionary jack.
    He doesn't really do much else at the CW. Sometimes he gets to turn into a CGI effect or read from a book! How inspiring!

Look, I get it. If Superman fans are this distraught, imagine being a Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. fan. I get it because I am one. I'm also a Batman fan. It's problematic all around.

Astonishing Member

He doesn't really do much else at the CW. Sometimes he gets to turn into a CGI effect or read from a book! How inspiring!

Look, I get it. If Superman fans are this distraught, imagine being a Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. fan. I get it because I am one. I'm also a Batman fan. It's problematic all around.
    I'm ok with him not being the top dog to Supergirl. She has been more powerful then him before in the comics and he's not the only dangerous Kryptonian. Zod always gives him tough fights, even Faora got in on the action in Man of Steel. The Arrow 'verse is also giving him a spin-off of his own.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

And Justice League Action, Young Justice, Supergirl, DCU online and the various animated movies.

I don't base all my opinions on what an actor thinks.
    You need to in this case because it was his role they cut down. My, my a bunch of team nonsense and support role. What a shocker. Meanwhile, other headliner characters do get solo or series that have budget and better creatives. Currently, there are flash content, ww content, aquaman content and even green lantern content coming out. So, they are treated quite aptly .Moreover,unlike those ips. Superman got popular on his own. Before the character was even in the hands of wb and turner. Wb purchased dc in 1968 from what i have been told. Let's assume that's right and go with late 60's.Unlike dc's other characters including batman, Superman had become a phenomenon like tarzan was. The character was damn original. He was damn popularised by with max fleischer cartoons, george reeve and numerous other independent endeavours. Since, then the company has only managed to leech of the previous fame. The only worthy superman content created by wb is donner movie. Even that had creative hitch and the director left. Everything else has been sub par. Superman as a character never needed wb. Wb on the otherhand doesn't have the characters best interests in mind. They have constantly torn down the character and used what's left of the previous fame, like i said. They haven't been able to deliver quality content with the character . The character can survive without wb,even now. As long as the character isn't constantly maligned and used. It's an abusive and one sided relationship at this point. Superman is known through out the world despite wb and dc management , not because of it.Character is better of in the hands of people that cared about the character. The character is better of without being in the toxic shared universe environment.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-23-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You need to in this case because it was his role they cut down. My, my a bunch of team nonsense and support role. What a shocker. Meanwhile, other headliner characters do get solo or series that have budget and better creatives. Currently, there are flash content, ww content, aquaman content and even green lantern content coming out. So, they are treated quite aptly .Moreover,unlike those ips. Superman got popular on his own. Before the character was even in the hands of wb and turner. Wb purchased dc in 1968 from what i have been told. Let's assume that's right and go with late 60's.Unlike dc's other characters including batman, Superman had become a phenomenon like tarzan was. He was damn popularised by with max fleischer cartoons and george reeve show. Since, then the company has only managed to leech of the previous fame. The only worthy superman content created by wb is donner movie. Even that had creative hitch and the director left. Everything else has been sub par. Superman as a character never needed wb. Wb on the otherhand doesn't have the characters best interests in mind. They have constantly torn down the character and used what's left of the previous fame, like i said. They haven't been able to deliver quality content with the character . The character can survive without wb,even now. As long as the character isn't constantly maligned and used. It's an abusive and one sided relationship at this point.
    I think you are having a completely different conversation here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'm ok with him not being the top dog to Supergirl. She has been more powerful then him before in the comics and he's not the only dangerous Kryptonian. Zod always gives him tough fights, even Faora got in on the action in Man of Steel. The Arrow 'verse is also giving him a spin-off of his own.
    I watched supergirl the first season!! After the series moved to the CW i stopped watching it!! It's awful NOW!! Not ok with supergirl being the top dog over superman!!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think you are having a completely different conversation here.
    I mean, weren't we talking about the competency of wb in production good content with superman. That's incorrect.Most of superman's best content came from independent sources and not because of the company. Moreover, Your entire logic is faulty and mere what aboutry. Why? You assume just because other characters weren't pushed or didn't get platform justfies damaging the superman ip. It doesn't. Point blank.that fact is made more relevant by the fact that superman as an ip by nature didn't get pushed or seek the fame. It found him before the company decided make superman content.Companies wanted character's licensing rights for various endeavours like paramount and fleischer studios. And the company gave it. Those other ips that just so happened to be modelled after superman had the same playing field from the start. They didn't took of then. Point blank. Superman doesn't have a level playing field,currently. It is entirely unfair. Superman has to play antagonist for other ips, even his own cast. A predicament that started with darkknight returns which just so happened to start the rise of both batgod and batman phenomenon. So yeah! These characters including batman used the strength of the superman brand to rise up. Superman ip didn't rise up by tearing down others. Vice versa, is entirely true.

BANNED

We've had six live action Superman movies, two live action shows with a third in production and numerous animated projects either as a solo star or as a major player. Superman gets more second chances than any DC character not named Batman.
    What precisely is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    WW is not gonna compete against Batgod & his spin offs when HQ comics outsold WW comics at times.
    Wait, Harley Quinn outsold Wonder Woman comics? Is this true?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The saddest thing about this Suicide Squad game is that you can see Rocksteady's Superman pitch all over it. Brainiac is the main villain, it's set in Metropolis and Superman is a central character. Clearly they are salvaging whatever they could from their Superman pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    What precisely is your point?
    It's right there in the comment you quoted.

BANNED

It's right there in the comment you quoted.
    Well can you rephrase it, because I didn't really understand your post.