Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I wonder how much control DC has over this stuff? Like, could Jim Lee or Harras or someone say "You wanna make a game where Superman is the bad guy (again) and/or gets taken down by the players? No. You don't get to do that to Supes, find a different character to sh*t on."

Because if they can, and I were in charge, that's exactly what I'd do. I'm cool with Injustice, whatever, but that should be an exception, not be the f*cking norm.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah it’s Supes. Rocksteady pitched a Superman game but WB rejected their pitch. There’s a leak floating around saying that Batman tries to shut Waller down after learning about Project Cadmus, so Waller retaliates by sending the SS after the League. Least Supes isn’t evil in this one . It will be a villains protagonist game.

However there was a story a while ago that was the first to say Rocksteady was making SS. https://t.co/kro5sMZRGd?amp=1
    Yeah, at least it doesn't sound like we're getting villainous Superman and having him pitted against Batman.

Flipping the script and doing a game like this from the villain POV is actually interesting, I would just feel better if the only other major game for the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman wasn't f***ing Injustice.

BANNED

Considering that Rocksteady are big DCAU fans, I think the inspiration for this might be the Task Force X episode from JLU which followed villains infiltrating the Watchtower and had them fight JL-ers like Martian Manhunter and GL.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, at least it doesn't sound like we're getting villainous Superman and having him pitted against Batman.

Flipping the script and doing a game like this from the villain POV is actually interesting, I would just feel better if the only other major game for the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman wasn't f***ing Injustice.
    Yeah, the premise of being a bad guy and try to take down heroes is one that i'm actually kind of interested on, could be fun.

But the fact that theres hasn't been a Superman game since Superman Returns (14 years!) is very sad
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Considering that Rocksteady are big DCAU fans, I think the inspiration for this might be the Task Force X episode from JLU which followed villains infiltrating the Watchtower and had them fight JL-ers like Martian Manhunter and GL.
    Hmm, not a good sign considering how poorly the DCAU handled a lot of the League characters who weren't Batman.

I was genuinely confused as to why an image of Superman was being passed around the web with Suicide Squad on his face. Now I know.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

I am more and more convinced that DC uses non-canon stories to test fans. If the stories sell, Superman will become a villain in the canon universe, and Jon will become the hero.

*sigh* How very disapointing....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

As dumb as a game where the perspective is that Superman is the "bad guy" is, look on the bright side....Batman will be in it more anyway!
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-07-2020 at 03:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As dumb as a game where the perspective is that Superman is the "bad guy" is, look on the bright side....Batman will be in it more anyway!
    And is also set up to be a "bad guy."

Of the rumored Squad line up, I think the character with the best ability to stand up to Superman would be Enchantress. So if he has to job, hopefully it's to her as it would make far more sense than Harley or Deadshot.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I don't interact with video games at all, but this is pretty hilarious. WB has no faith in Superman as a concept anymore.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Great! Now we all can see Harley Queen beating the crap out of Superman.
    I don't know if this is a typo or not but it's pretty accurate. All of a sudden she'll have a kryptonite mallet.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't know if this is a typo or not but it's pretty accurate. All of a sudden she'll have a kryptonite mallet.
    there is as much kryptonite as if 10 kryptons exploded. At this stage, all of Gotham will be built of kryptonite.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

To be honest, I'm just expecting it to be The Boys in DC until proven otherwise. If my expectations are the absolute worst, it'll be harder for them to disappoint me.

This really bums me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    To be honest, I'm just expecting it to be The Boys in DC until proven otherwise. If my expectations are the absolute worst, it'll be harder for them to disappoint me.

This really bums me out.
    I'm not expecting it to go that badly. If Rocksteady is doing this, is there a possibility that this is in the same canon as the Arkham games? In which case we know nothing serious will happen to Batman in this, and he sounds like Waller's main target.