Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The guy who liked the Batman Arkham games really liked the trailer, but the Superman fan in me cried when I heard the game director said that, "Metropolis is like the fifth character in the game and we put it in focus the way we did Gotham".

I mean they're going to take away his city now.

It doesn't really matter what the ultimate reason is, its that its being done at all. The first Injustice game kinda went the imposter route, with heroic versions of Superman and the heroes showing up near the end. Who remembers that though? What's remembered is that its a franchise where Superman is an evil dictator. This is just doubling down on the concept. Yeah maybe there's a scene at the end of this of the restored Superman, but its not what the game will be remembered for. It'll be remembered for the SS fighting off a Superman who burns people to death with his heat vision.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The guy who liked the Batman Arkham games really liked the trailer, but the Superman fan in me cried when I heard the game director said that, "Metropolis is like the fifth character in the game and we put it in focus the way we did Gotham".

It honestly does feel disrespectful at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-using assets from a Superman pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    ...thus negating Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth.

I remember when the Suicide Squad movie came out, everyone called out the "What if Superman tore off the roof of the White House" line and mocked it. For one, that's not what the Suicide Squad is for, and more importantly, if Superman went nuts, you're really going to send in Harley Quinn and her baseball bat?

So Rocksteady Games seriously said to themselves, "Hey, you know that really dumb line from the movie nobody liked? What if we made a whole game about it!"

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn out it's not the real Justice League but imposters posing as them.
    I got something of a suspicion they might be advanced Brainiac drones but I can't really care since I'm definitely not playing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sept, there’s an Injustice panel. It’s coming mate.
    Yeah but small victories since they could have dropped both today and pat themselves on the back for exploring the bold new concept of Evil Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well, i did say they wouldn't be stopping making superman evil for a long while. So, people better atleast hope for a badass villain superman.

Wait did they say that

Much like the Snyder Cut, I want to be fair and try to give some leeway for mind control situations. But it really does get pretty tiresome after a while.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 08-22-2020 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, Deadshot is flying around, so the famous excuse of "flying mechanics" getting in the way of a Superman game is out of the picture now.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait did they say that
    Yep it was in their press release.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I didn't believe that at first but now I actually do think Suicide Squad was a second choice and their first was to do a Superman game. Because "making Metropolis a character" or open world isn't germane to Suicide Squad at all. Metropolis' major crime gang is Intergang and those guys can't support a game. Maybe Luthor and Legion of Doom could work in Metropolis (and to be honest that would have been a cooler game as concept).

But yeah, Superman used to be an empire. Now he's been colonized and all his assets ransacked by Batman and Batman-adjacent characters. Batman sidekicks get AAA games, Batman villains lead team-up games to take him down.

Magneto expresses how Superman feels in this video:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait did they say that
    Yeah, in the full Fandome presentation where Sefton Hill said that to Will Harnett, who was the host of the reveal and presentation.

I didn't believe that at first but now I actually do think Suicide Squad was a second choice and their first was to do a Superman game. Because "making Metropolis a character" or open world isn't germane to Suicide Squad at all. Metropolis' major crime gang is Intergang and those guys can't support a game. Maybe Luthor and Legion of Doom could work in Metropolis (and to be honest that would have been a cooler game as concept).

But yeah, Superman used to be an empire. Now he's been colonized and all his assets ransacked by Batman and Batman-adjacent characters. Batman sidekicks get AAA games, Batman villains lead team-up games to take him down.
    That's true for basically every DC character at this point.
    I know Harley's prominent and Deadshot is technically a Batman villain, but the Squad is not a team of Batman villains. King Shark and Captain Boomerang have nothing to do with Batman.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    ...thus negating Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth.

I remember when the Suicide Squad movie came out, everyone called out the "What if Superman tore off the roof of the White House" line and mocked it. For one, that's not what the Suicide Squad is for, and more importantly, if Superman went nuts, you're really going to send in Harley Quinn and her baseball bat?

So Rocksteady Games seriously said to themselves, "Hey, you know that really dumb line from the movie nobody liked? What if we made a whole game about it!"

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll turn out it's not the real Justice League but imposters posing as them.
    At this point they'd put her up against Darkseid and have her win. Let me guess the plot: Batman comes to his senses first and helps them free the others.
    Assassinate Putin!

So, should we be taking bets on when Disney will be buying DC? LOL
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    At this point they'd put her up against Darkseid and have her win. Let me guess the plot: Batman comes to his senses first and helps them free the others.
    Sadly true.

Let's face it, the real Trinity of DC is Batman, the Joker, and Harley Quinn.