Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Giant monsters that could beat Godzilla?

Name as many giant monsters, Kaiju or even giant robots/mechas that you feel could comfortably take a majority over most movie versions of Godzilla.

Let's stay clear of the obvious OP answers like "Gurren Lagan!" or "this god creature that warps reality and eats universes".
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 08-07-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Azura

Gidorah, actually.

Myth Ymir, if only because he'd be basically too big to notice Godzilla.

Comic Surtur, certainly.

Movie Surtur - would depend on the Godzilla
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Great A'Tuin, the cosmic turtle of Discworld. Or is that too "god creature" to qualify?

Maybe some of the tailed beasts in naruto?

-Kaiju Contenders-

Toho Monsters

Armor Mothra: The most powerful Mothra in existence. She destroyed Grand King Ghidorah -- arguably the most powerful live-action Ghidorah yet -- with ease.

King Ghidorah: Anime Ghidorah being an extradimensional, Lovecraftian terror makes him a nightmare. The majority of Godzillas fall to his Golden Might.

SpaceGodzilla: SpaceGodzilla was too much for Heisei Godzilla, easily one of the most powerful Godzillas. Comic and Manga feats give SpaceGodzilla a huge power boost, easily surpassing all movie Godzillas (with the exception of Godzilla Earth).

Keizer Ghidorah: Final Wars Godzilla needed a massive upgrade to beat Kezier Ghidorah. Most Godzillas wouldn't stand a chance.

Shadorah: Zone Fighter enemy. Shadorah possesses its enemy's shadow and controls them.

Gamera Monsters

Note: In kaiju-fan circles, it's highly controversial to suggest Gamera monsters have a chance at beating Godzilla. Which is why I'm going to relish this.

Barugon: OK, Barugon is the kaiju-equivalent to a glass cannon. He has two KO-attacks: Rainbow Ray and Freezing Mist. Godzilla has no real defense. It could perhaps be argued that most Godzillas would ultimately win, but Barugon's Manga incarnation is even more dangerous.

Legion: Legion's swarm, strength, and energy weapons makes her a contender.

Movie/TV Monsters

Summa-Verminoth: Giant beastie from the Star Wars Solo movie. Even after a wormhole ripped off its face, it was still trying to ensnare the Millennium Falcon.

Unicron: Basically a Transformer-Galactus, only he ranks higher on the cosmic totem pole.

Daimajin: Wrathful God. Its powers over the elements put the Avatar to shame. Majin is capable of reconstituting his stone avatar even after it's been blown up.

Hirudegarn: DBZ monster-villain. It overpowered SSJ2 Goku, Vegeta, and Mystic Gohan. It took SSJ3 Goku to overcome it.

Shenron: Any Shenron would do.

Kronos: Greek Titan. Movie versions pack a wallup. The giant molten god from the Clash of the Titans/Wrath of the Titans movies is a beast.

The Giant Claw: Don't let its appearance fool you. This giant alien-bird thingy is armed with an anti-matter shield. It's highly dangerous.

Dark Specter: Power Rangers villain. It took two planet-busting missiles to kill him.

Serpentera: Power Rangers monster/robot. Planet destroyer.

Evangelion Unit-01: Godzilla Earth, Super FW Goji, and Meltdown Heisei Godzilla might have a chance, but a fully-unleashed Eva Unit-01 is a true terror. Given her feats from End of Evangelion and the Rebuild movies, Eva Unit-01 takes the majority.

Comic Book Monsters

Starro: True form is massive. Overpowers Superman-tier beings. Telepathy is too much for movie Godzillas.

Surtur: MCU Surtur overcomes most movie Godzillas, with a few exceptions. Comic Surtur annihilates all movie Godzillas at the same time.

The Centre: DC's New Frontier Big Bad. Pretty damn powerful. Nearly killed Golden Age Superman with its energy blast. The Centre's telepathy is formidable and it's extremely hard to kill. It had three nuclear bombs go off in its brain and it still refused to die.

Illyria (Old One): Debatable. Godzilla could oneshot Illyria since the Old One isn't exactly super durable; however, her space-time powers are highly dangerous, and she has the nasty habit of coming back to life even after dying, which honestly reminds me of Dr. Strange's, "Dormammu! I've become to bargain!" time gambit.

Parallax: Fear Entity. Movie and comic book versions are too much for Godzilla, with a few exceptions. Godzilla likely wouldn't be afraid of Parallax, which might give him a better chance.

I'd argue Shadora would fail depending on the incarnation of Godzilla. Some. have stupid mental defenses.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Is there enough to go on from this guy to make a determination?

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

That Clover is huge but we see or hear nothing else to what it can do.

As for list I agree with majority of these monsters. Ghidorah always beats Godzilla unless he gets help ( except GMK.)

Also Space Godzilla was another and most Mecha Godzilla, Godzilla needed help or plot device there just to survive. But Mecha G is a robot. Though Kiryu was a cyborg undead skeleton thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    That Clover is huge but we see or hear nothing else to what it can do.

As for list I agree with majority of these monsters. Ghidorah always beats Godzilla unless he gets help ( except GMK.)

Also Space Godzilla was another and most Mecha Godzilla, Godzilla needed help or plot device there just to survive. But Mecha G is a robot. Though Kiryu was a cyborg undead skeleton thing.
    Does it matter? At that size it could just step on Godzilla, like holy crap that is scary. That's a Kaiju among Kaiju.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Oh...

We haven't even considered the Ultraman Kaiju.

Zetton, Gatanozoa (Cthulhu's son btw), Belial, Greeza, Gudis, Zogu, etc...

I think the Karathen (DCEU's Aquaman) is a good contender. She's gigantic, burrowed up from the center of the Earth, shrugged off Atlantean-plasma weapons, and dominated Aquaman in an underwater environment.

The Iron Giant is another good pick. He took a point-blank nuke and even though it scattered his parts, he could put himself back together. Also, apparently the giant has planet-busting weapons? At the very least he's packing kiloton-level weapons.

An inspired choice would be Te Fiti from Moana. She's an island-sized goddess capable of forming continents and creating life (demigods being one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Does it matter? At that size it could just step on Godzilla, like holy crap that is scary. That's a Kaiju among Kaiju.
    I say due to that alone that Clover kills original Godzilla and Showa without plot device.

But Godzilla Earth curbstomps, as does Final Wars, and comic Godzilla is harder than the movies to kil.

Also Heisei Godzilla would win especially if can access full extent of nuclear power to roast it down ( Shin Godzilla a 50/50 for this reason) and Heisei was tough and strong enough to swim/fight through molten rock at a insane distance, with no signs of weakening.

Godzilla is literally called God-Zilla for a reason. Not just size.

Another contender:

Biollante waa pretty damn potent. I felt in the end she could have digested Godzilla with enough acid, but got bored and decided to ensure survival by becoming a pollen storm that blanketed a lot of Japan ( and she was bigger than Godzilla. Truly among the biggest of Toho/Godzilla critters.)

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does Ego the Living Planet (either Marvel or MCU) count as a Kaiju? What about Shuma Gorath?

Video game wise, Grandia 2's Valmar in his full form was about the size of a country and the main portion of his "dead" body was around the size of a hill/mountain and the blow that "klled" him also split the continent in two. Anyone remember which of his body parts the (relatively) small Moon of Valmar was, again? It also had a bunch of esoteric powers, like the ability to paralyze people with its gaze or trap entire towns within their dreams.

Kaiju by definition is mysterious monster (just happens to be big) so if a mysterious destructive monster it counts in that regard and yeah Suma/Ego beat down Godzilla obviously.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    We actually don't know how big it is. That whole movie is about the laws of physics breaking down and **** teleporting places it isn't supposed to be. It is entirely possible that was just a floating version of the original Cloverfield monster. Also, it was a terrible movie and I doubt there is a definitive answer one way or another. It tried to be scary and ambiguous but was really just random.

BANNED

It or Perhaps a megalodon or the Kraken?