Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope they do, with Rach and Illyana helping them. At the same time I hope that we will get more of Shaw's plotting behind their back and finding a way to avoid punishment, because it would add more drama.
    Yes, ALL of this. I'm also taking down poster names to send Apocalypse after them. lol. "kitttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy!!!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes, ALL of this. I'm also taking down poster names to send Apocalypse after them. lol. "kitttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyy!!!"
    and just so apocalypse doesn't turn around and add me to my own list. "Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate!"
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm in no rush to see Kitty come back to life
    The problem with the character is that the writers can't seem to make her a leader without completely eclipsing the other characters
    X-Men Gold was catastrophic
    And in the current Marauders comics, Bobby, Pyro, Bishop, and Storm (though Storm is still underused) could only be properly used after Kitty was dead

We had to have a team book, not a solo on Kitty
    I loved Duggan's work on the Uncanny Avengers, but Marauders left me more skeptical

When people speak of X-Men gold, is like the gif with the dog having vietnam flashbacks.

Poor Kitty and her saturation.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol. It's funny how much I enjoy the book without her in it. Which I guess is sad, as I use to love Kitty...then Gold destroyed her.
    Preach!! I really liked Kitty until Gold. Even after this extended break and Gerry's much better writing I find I still can't stand the character. She is still quite annoying to me.

But the rest of the books is quite enjoyable! I'm particularly enjoying Bishop! It's a much better book sans Kitty.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I can't wait for Mama to learn that it was Shaw who murdered Kate
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I'm in no rush to see Kitty come back to life
    The problem with the character is that the writers can't seem to make her a leader without completely eclipsing the other characters
    X-Men Gold was catastrophic
    And in the current Marauders comics, Bobby, Pyro, Bishop, and Storm (though Storm is still underused) could only be properly used after Kitty was dead

We had to have a team book, not a solo on Kitty
    I loved Duggan's work on the Uncanny Avengers, but Marauders left me more skeptical
    Duggan seems to have difficulty juggling all the cast members - each issue there's a few people that show up for one page, or get left out entirely. Although maybe that's just part of writing an ensemble, not everyone gets something to do in every issue. I still think Pyro is underused even with Kitty dead - I've been waiting 10 issues for Duggan to give him any depth or character development beyond "comic relief who burns things." Even the Yellow Jacket issue was more about Emma pulling a clever trick than about Pyro himself. Bobby hasn't had much to do either, but at least he got a side romance with Christian Frost.

On the plus side, judging by the covers, it looks like Storm will be playing a major role in Marauders 13 and 14. I'm looking forward to that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Back in the day, telepaths weren't as powerful as today. All the mind control, psychic blast, make your heart stop, reprogram your mind to teach you all the skills and languages in a second, etc. stuff came over many years, as one-off feats by one singular telepath (like Xavier) and then just sort of trickled down to every other telepath (even DC telepaths like Saturn Girl and Martian Manhunter!), because the writers had no idea that these were supposed to be amazing feats by only the best telepath in the world.

Back then, Emma had to use a machine to swap her mind with Storm's, for instance, a feat that even a decade later, she could just arbitrarily do, with Iceman.

So it's entirely sensible for Emma to not have been able to do anything to Shaw, back in the old days, when she was primarily a mind-reader / thought-sender. He was bulletproof, and she didn't have her diamond-form to immunize her to his brutal strength. Once she developed the full raft of powers that come with being a comic-book telepath, like mind control (Karma's entire power), stealing skills (Prodigy's entire power), illusions (Mastermind's entire power), astral projection (Scanner and Trance's entire powers...), etc. then, yeah, it makes sense that she'd be in charge of any group she *wanted* to be in charge of.

But even then, much like Exodus, who was vastly more powerful than Magneto, and yet still chose to let him be in charge for a time, it's also entirely possible that Emma recognized that the Hellfire Club was a pit of sharks, and she didn't necessarily want to be the one target they were all gunning for, but more of a 'power behind the throne' sort of figure who gets things done, and isn't dodging 24/7 usurpers and assassins coming for the king...

That all said, it's utterly perplexing even got away with *planning* this, let alone carrying it out, in the modern Krakoa, which, according to Jean, has at least thirty telepaths. (Then again, Morrison seemed to think Shaw *was* a telepath, even better than Emma, so perhaps he's got a secondary mutation?)
    The Telepaths were perhaps not using their powers to their full possibilities but there were not that much options for blocking them(not to forget Xavier did some powerful stuff . Illyana being able to was a surprise but today you either have technical options or your powers make it difficult for a telepath to use their power on you.
    And I like that telepaths are potentielly powerful and have many options(to think that Jean was at a time called the "weakest" X-Men ).
    The problem are more writers who can't handle that like during Gold and perhaps say that Rachel is powerful, but write her out in a clumsy way and you wonder what happened to her. Something that would not happen under a better writer.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    The Telepaths were perhaps not using their powers to their full possibilities but there were not that much options for blocking them(not to forget Xavier did some powerful stuff . Illyana being able to was a surprise but today you either have technical options or your powers make it difficult for a telepath to use their power on you.
    And I like that telepaths are potentielly powerful and have many options(to think that Jean was at a time called the "weakest" X-Men ).
    The problem are more writers who can't handle that like during Gold and perhaps say that Rachel is powerful, but write her out in a clumsy way and you wonder what happened to her. Something that would not happen under a better writer.
    Rachel gets written out because her power is "I ain't gonna explain ****, it's telepathy!". Psychic blockers to stop the X-Men telepaths are often as much as a writer's crutch as mutant power nullifying tech is, but they basically have to explain every single time why Jean doesn't fly in and mind control all the baddies while juggling polar bears in the air above herself.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lol. It's funny how much I enjoy the book without her in it. Which I guess is sad, as I use to love Kitty...then Gold destroyed her.
    I disagree. It’s impossible for a series so forgettable as Gold is to do any kind of permanent damage to anybody.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”