Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Shaw’s psychic defenses are not great. Emma used her telepathic powers to capture him and arrest him. Then she later used her telepathic powers to mindwipe him.

Claremont just stupidly wrote him as the leader of the Hellfire Club. Which would have been impossible with powerful telepaths like the White Queen or the Black Queen. Though technically Selene had Shinoni kill Shaw, then she replaced him with Blackheart as Black King. She screwed him over big time twice. While he was locked up by Emma, Selene killed off Shaw’s inner circle and sent a resurrected Shinobi to kill him.

Now while I’m sure Shaw is dead doesn’t this mean he just gets resurrected unless the quiet council decides not to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Claremont just stupidly wrote him as the leader of the Hellfire Club. Which would have been impossible with powerful telepaths like the White Queen or the Black Queen.
    Back in the day, telepaths weren't as powerful as today. All the mind control, psychic blast, make your heart stop, reprogram your mind to teach you all the skills and languages in a second, etc. stuff came over many years, as one-off feats by one singular telepath (like Xavier) and then just sort of trickled down to every other telepath (even DC telepaths like Saturn Girl and Martian Manhunter!), because the writers had no idea that these were supposed to be amazing feats by only the best telepath in the world.

Back then, Emma had to use a machine to swap her mind with Storm's, for instance, a feat that even a decade later, she could just arbitrarily do, with Iceman.

So it's entirely sensible for Emma to not have been able to do anything to Shaw, back in the old days, when she was primarily a mind-reader / thought-sender. He was bulletproof, and she didn't have her diamond-form to immunize her to his brutal strength. Once she developed the full raft of powers that come with being a comic-book telepath, like mind control (Karma's entire power), stealing skills (Prodigy's entire power), illusions (Mastermind's entire power), astral projection (Scanner and Trance's entire powers...), etc. then, yeah, it makes sense that she'd be in charge of any group she *wanted* to be in charge of.

But even then, much like Exodus, who was vastly more powerful than Magneto, and yet still chose to let him be in charge for a time, it's also entirely possible that Emma recognized that the Hellfire Club was a pit of sharks, and she didn't necessarily want to be the one target they were all gunning for, but more of a 'power behind the throne' sort of figure who gets things done, and isn't dodging 24/7 usurpers and assassins coming for the king...

That all said, it's utterly perplexing even got away with *planning* this, let alone carrying it out, in the modern Krakoa, which, according to Jean, has at least thirty telepaths. (Then again, Morrison seemed to think Shaw *was* a telepath, even better than Emma, so perhaps he's got a secondary mutation?)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-08-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Mighty Member

Let's hope Kitty get revived in this issue bcos I see that the five resurrectors are in this issue.

I wonder whether Kitty will remember whether she was killed by Shaw after she is revived?

Tattoos are perfectly fine and not OOC. Knuckle tats tho for Kitty are. Imo. Sorry if I didn’t word my point better before. The tattoos them self are not the issue. It’s where they are located. Imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Let's hope Kitty get revived in this issue bcos I see that the five resurrectors are in this issue.

I wonder whether Kitty will remember whether she was killed by Shaw after she is revived?
    Probably not, bc if that was the case, it would be easy enough for Xavier to find out. He backs up memories of individuals at least once a week and if he did it as she was dying, that would have sent off a red flag. Her backup was before that happened so when she comes back, she shouldnt have that memory

I don't know about jewish people for sure but I always thought they didn't get tata. I know I grew up a Jehovah witness and we can't get tata, give blood, pledge allegiance to the flag and a whole bunch of other things. I remember getting out out of class in kindergarten for refusing to do the pledge. That one makes the most sense to me, love my country but you know false idols and all.

Though doctors seem to steal my blood because I'm the universal donor type. I swear I go in for a cold and they always want to take 3 vials of blood.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Although it's obvious Kitty will return somehow, this is going to become a serious trouble for Krakoa's society, because they will start to fear that there might be other mutants which the resurrection's protocols won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Shaw’s psychic defenses are not great. Emma used her telepathic powers to capture him and arrest him. Then she later used her telepathic powers to mindwipe him.

Claremont just stupidly wrote him as the leader of the Hellfire Club. Which would have been impossible with powerful telepaths like the White Queen or the Black Queen. Though technically Selene had Shinoni kill Shaw, then she replaced him with Blackheart as Black King. She screwed him over big time twice. While he was locked up by Emma, Selene killed off Shaw’s inner circle and sent a resurrected Shinobi to kill him.

Now while I’m sure Shaw is dead doesn’t this mean he just gets resurrected unless the quiet council decides not to.
    I just assumed Shaw's mental defensive and Sage/Tessa's telepathic power provided enough protection against psi-attacks.

Plus even though, Emma talks bad about him now. Emma and Shaw seemed pretty close when they ran the Hellfire Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Back in the day, telepaths weren't as powerful as today. All the mind control, psychic blast, make your heart stop, reprogram your mind to teach you all the skills and languages in a second, etc. stuff came over many years, as one-off feats by one singular telepath (like Xavier) and then just sort of trickled down to every other telepath (even DC telepaths like Saturn Girl and Martian Manhunter!), because the writers had no idea that these were supposed to be amazing feats by only the best telepath in the world.
    Good point about Xaiver being the forefather of most mental abilities.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-09-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Tattoos are perfectly fine and not OOC. Knuckle tats tho for Kitty are. Imo. Sorry if I didn’t word my point better before. The tattoos them self are not the issue. It’s where they are located. Imo.
    Oh ok understood! Yeah knuck tats aren't usually the introductory tattoos for someone like Kitty lol.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Oh ok understood! Yeah knuck tats aren't usually the introductory tattoos for someone like Kitty lol.
    Agreed. She should just have a tattoo that says Piotr/Pete/Peter/Pietro Forever on her back though.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

I wonder if Franklin is going to be used to resurrect her. There was a reason she was sent to seduce him.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Kitty still dead. Looks good to me.

Can't wait till Logan, Ororo, Emma, Kurt and Peter find out Shaw killed her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I never liked Kate more than currently. Please, let her stay dead.
    Yeah, one of the few good things to come out of this pandemic is the extended death of Kitty Pryde.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Her memories would be the ones from the last backup, so no.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Agreed. She should just have a tattoo that says Piotr/Pete/Peter/Pietro Forever on her back though.
    Who says she does not have a tattoo on her back? I don't think we have seen her back yet. But it would be about her true loves Rachel and Illyana^^

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Yeah, one of the few good things to come out of this pandemic is the extended death of Kitty Pryde.
    Lol. It's funny how much I enjoy the book without her in it. Which I guess is sad, as I use to love Kitty...then Gold destroyed her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.