Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    F= YEAAAAAAHH!
    This is relevant o my interests.

Hilarious already "MCU ENERGY" I love it.

Priest is so good at breathing life into this type of character. I'm going to buy 2 of every issue. F'real.

I love the U.S. Agents team america vibe, so different from steve. I'm not the biggest fan of that shield either buuuut... Its a minor contrivance. I'm just glad he's not using that energy thing anymore.
    I like the energy shield ... just not necessarily for Cap or US Agent. They should give it to Sam.

Good posts re: the shield. Saved me a lot of time!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Who else wants to bet that Black Panther appears in at least one issue of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Who else wants to bet that Black Panther appears in at least one issue of this.
    I think we'll probably see Everett Ross make a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Good posts re: the shield. Saved me a lot of time!
    Glad to help. :bow:

Im a big Priest fan because of Deathstroke so I'll check it out.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope to see Battlestar, as well as John make better connections with the other Cap derivative characters. This mini would be a great way to bring back Jack Monroe. Maybe make Free Spirit a love interest?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

I'm in. USAgent has always been one of my favorite characters. Byrne's Avengers West Coast was one of the first super heroes comics I bought and this character jumped out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hmmm... new suit looks okay. He does look a bit smaller in it for some reason.

Priest writing US Agent should be fun.
    He's off his cycle right now.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I like the energy shield ... just not necessarily for Cap or US Agent. They should give it to Sam.
    I hadn't read the posts when I wrote that. No slight against you.

I'm not a fan of it, but It Definitely doesn't go on those 2. . .

If you really wanna know who I think should be using an energy shield its Vance Astro... but that's more convoluted so ymmv.

I'm not loving the costume so its going to take some time to grow on me. I'm wondering too... has the U.S. Agent ever outsold cap? Because this feels like the recipe for that.

Suddenly I'm looking forward to the falcon and winter soldier show again. Wyatt Russel really did a bang up cap vs red skull in overlord, and if they're going to try solo's out
    for all the MCU tie-ins there's going to be a lot to look forward to. Hopefully this one does well enough to warrant more issues.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

It's Priest, so I'll read it.

I have made peace with the fact that I am never going to like the art on almost every Marvel book I read. It's gritty, stiff, dull and looks like all the color was drained out of it, aka "THE STREET LEVEL SPECIAL" This dude has a promising future as a Daredevil or Jessica Jones artist.

I forgot we existed in the age of the variant so I naively thought that the cover artist was THE artist. After looking at the real guy...nah still feel the same way
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-08-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: I forgot we existed in the age of the variant.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He is trained in Steve's style of fighting...shield throwing and all.
    Trained by the Taskmaster, no less...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I hope to see Battlestar, as well as John make better connections with the other Cap derivative characters. This mini would be a great way to bring back Jack Monroe. Maybe make Free Spirit a love interest?
    If we're talking love interests, I always thought Priscilla Lyons had potential:
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Prisc...ns_(Earth-616)

Very cool. Priest on USAgent. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

If we're talking love interests, I always thought Priscilla Lyons had potential:
    Ahhhhh, that is the real Taskmaster! I absolutely loved the fact Taskmaster was so badass that the USA was using him for training while turning a blind eye to all the criminal stuff he was doing.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

That is a deep dive there...I have been saying I want her back for a while. Trained in all the skills of Scourge so is not someone who can't handle herself in a scrap. Maybe giver her some sort of super power as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    what is Lemar Hoskins' status at this point? All I remember is during Civil War I he was part of the rebellion and got captured. Wherever he is, I hope he still has his shield. I could see him on Force Works or Agents of Wakanda.

I'm also now curious if Anti-Cap is still alive. We'll see.