Default Question about Kendra Saunders...

So when the New 52 hit she was now on New 52 Earth 2. (in the blue costume and all that).

When did she return to the main Earth, Earth one or whatever they are calling it these days? Did it just kind of happen at Rebirth like a lot of things? She seems to be the pre Flashpoint version correct? This isn't the same Kendra from New 52 Earth 2?

No this is not the Earth 2 Kendra Saunders, she’s more an odd amalgam of Hawkgirl because she is Kendra Saunders but they have yet to reestablish her pre-flashpoint continuity, like her JSA origins. She still does have a connection to Hawkman but it is odd given that Hawkwoman, Shayera Hol, also exists and is with Carter Hall.

And she returned in Dark Nights: Metal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    No this is not the Earth 2 Kendra Saunders, she’s more an odd amalgam of Hawkgirl because she is Kendra Saunders but they have yet to reestablish her pre-flashpoint continuity, like her JSA origins. She still does have a connection to Hawkman but it is odd given that Hawkwoman, Shayera Hol, also exists and is with Carter Hall.

And she returned in Dark Nights: Metal.
    Thanks! Also, pre current Hawkman series, what should I read that addresses Carter, Kendra and Shay? Dark Knights Metal and Snyders JL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Thanks! Also, pre current Hawkman series, what should I read that addresses Carter, Kendra and Shay? Dark Knights Metal and Snyders JL?
    Metal is where Hawkgirl and Hawkman return with both the current Hawkman series and Snyder’s Justice League spinning out of it. So I guess you could read Metal and then just Justice League if you want to read Kendra, as she’s not actually in the current Hawkman series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Metal is where Hawkgirl and Hawkman return with both the current Hawkman series and Snyder’s Justice League spinning out of it. So I guess you could read Metal and then just Justice League if you want to read Kendra, as she’s not actually in the current Hawkman series.
    Sounds good. Thanks again.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The Earth 2 Hawkgirl was one of the few characters I liked in that series. I had hopes she would migrate to the main earth.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I loved EARTH 2 Hawkgirl in those opening Robinson issues. She was great. Kinda wish the character kept that look/personality.