Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I think it's also worth pointing out that it was shown with adult Cyclops' appearance in Champions that the adult versions of O5 now have the memories of their time traveling counterparts.
    How would that work though if even they don't have their memories? Didn't Jean wipe them when they returned?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    That’s Hickman right? I’m not a big Hickman fan but I do miss the X-men. Is it better than his Avengers?
    I loved his Avengers, but tbh I didn't appreciate it fully until I could binge-read it. Getting them in monthly doses, to me, kind of diluted the pace. I expect the same out of Dawn of X, but I'm also here for the ride.

How would that work though if even they don't have their memories? Didn't Jean wipe them when they returned?
    Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey.

(plus, it's not unprecedented for telepathy in Marvel to not obey temporal physics. Cable used to be a slight precog different than Destiny because of that. White Phoenix Jean was able to communicate to the past and thus reach out to another universe before its branching point. So yeah, wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    White Phoenix Jean was able to communicate to the past
    Didn't Rachel use something similar in the recent X-Factor #1? I can't remember specifically what she did but it was something to do with detecting what had happened in a room in the past or something.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

Didn't Rachel use something similar in the recent X-Factor #1? I can't remember specifically what she did but it was something to do with detecting what had happened in a room in the past or something.
    Part of Rachel and Jean's powers is psychometry, it isn't used very often. Rachel's goes a little deeper and she doesn't have to look at time linearly or anything similar.

Jean had them specifically locked until the moment that the O5 went back in the past. When they got back to the past, adult Jean remembered how to stop the Hounds because teen Jean figured it out due to Maxime and Manon telling teen Jean. It was made clear at the end of Extermination that they had their memories.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Part of Rachel and Jean's powers is psychometry, it isn't used very often. Rachel's goes a little deeper and she doesn't have to look at time linearly or anything similar.

Jean had them specifically locked until the moment that the O5 went back in the past. When they got back to the past, adult Jean remembered how to stop the Hounds because teen Jean figured it out due to Maxime and Manon telling teen Jean. It was made clear at the end of Extermination that they had their memories.
    Thanks! I appreciate it. Just getting caught up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's it, thanks! I never would've remembered that word.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.