Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did the Bendis All new X-men go back to their time?

Hi all!

Haven't read a new Marvel comic in years. I finished Bendis run and at the end the original 5 were still in our time. Did they ever go back? Did they explain how young Bobbie is gay and current Bobbie isn't? Can you point out what books they went back in?

Yes they did and current Bobby is gay. Bobby was blocking the gay like a latent mutant having there powers blocked.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

They went back in the 2018 event: Extermination.

Both Icemen are gay, as revealed in Uncanny X-Men 600.

It was revealed that the adult Iceman was gay too in Uncanny 600 (i think than that is the issue).

The O5 stay until the Extermination mini where Kid Cable send then back to their own time.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was revealed that the adult Iceman was gay too in Uncanny 600 (i think than that is the issue).

The O5 stay until the Extermination mini where Kid Cable send then back to their own time.
    Is it a good read? Extermination? Do you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It wasn't great, killed off Cable, Mimic and Bloodstorm.

And in exchange all we got was Teen Cable, Manon and Maxime.

The artwork is cool, the story is meh, nothing awfull, but also nothing worth remembering.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

When and where did older Scott and older Jean come back?

And thanks for the info.

When and where did older Scott and older Jean come back?

And thanks for the info.
    Jean came back at the end of Phoenix Resurrection, she led the X-Men Red team afterwards

Scott came back at the end of Extermination as a surprise ending, but his resurrection was detailed in Uncanny X-men Annual (2019)

Extermination, Decimation, Age of X-Man, and Uncanny X-Men were kind of messy! The comics were ok, but it went pretty grim dark for a while, and holy were female characters treated as expendable to the male character narrative! I personally felt the whole thing just showed a bunch of female X-Men being victimized horribly for months or being killed in the most horrible way possible! Most of the boys all got to go out as "heroes" but the girls all had to go out as "victims" being assaulted and controlled by men!

House of X and Powers of X reset is honestly the best starting point if you want to get back into X-Men comics! Marvel Unlimited is 6 months behind, but you should be able to catch up on all these stories on Marvel Unlimited if you want to!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It wasn't great, killed off Cable, Mimic and Bloodstorm.

And in exchange all we got was Teen Cable, Manon and Maxime.
    Agreed. Super $#!tty tradeoff.

I really liked it. It felt like a fitting end to the O5 being in the current timeline. When I was reading it, I remember wanting to see what happens next. It seem slike people on this board didn't like it, but I did

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Extermination, Decimation, Age of X-Man, and Uncanny X-Men were kind of messy! The comics were ok, but it went pretty grim dark for a while, and holy were female characters treated as expendable to the male character narrative! I personally felt the whole thing just showed a bunch of female X-Men being victimized horribly for months or being killed in the most horrible way possible! Most of the boys all got to go out as "heroes" but the girls all had to go out as "victims" being assaulted and controlled by men!

House of X and Powers of X reset is honestly the best starting point if you want to get back into X-Men comics! Marvel Unlimited is 6 months behind, but you should be able to catch up on all these stories on Marvel Unlimited if you want to!
    That’s Hickman right? I’m not a big Hickman fan but I do miss the X-men. Is it better than his Avengers?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That’s Hickman right? I’m not a big Hickman fan but I do miss the X-men. Is it better than his Avengers?
    For me, it's kinda hard to determine since it's still on-going. It is a slow burn outside House and Powers of X.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

I think it's also worth pointing out that it was shown with adult Cyclops' appearance in Champions that the adult versions of O5 now have the memories of their time traveling counterparts.