BANNED

Default Actors and Entertainers that deserve to complete the EGOT

Only a few people have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.(E.G.O.T) Some are already close with 3 wins. Which of your favourites entertainers would you like to see complete the Grand Slam of Awards.

Christopher Plummer (Missing a Grammy)

Hugh Jackman (Missing an Oscar)

Common (Missing a Tony)

Ron Howard (Missing a Tony)

Martin Scorsese (Missing a Tony)

Helen Mirran (Missing a Grammy)

Julie Andrews (Missing a Tony)

Cyndi Lauper (Missing an Oscar)

Kate Winslet (Missing a Tony)

John Willliams (Missing a Tony)

Elton John (Missing an Emmy)

Viola Davis (Missing a Grammy)

Jeremy Irons (Missing a Grammy)

Jessica Lange (Missing a Grammy)

Frances McDormand (Missing a Grammy)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Only a few people have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony.(E.G.O.T) Some are already close with 3 wins. Which of your favourites entertainers would you like to see complete the Grand Slam of Awards.

Christopher Plummer (Missing a Grammy)

Hugh Jackman (Missing an Oscar)

Common (Missing a Tony)

Ron Howard (Missing a Tony)

Martin Scorsese (Missing a Tony)

Helen Mirran (Missing a Grammy)

Julie Andrews (Missing a Tony)

Cyndi Lauper (Missing an Oscar)

Kate Winslet (Missing a Tony)

John Willliams (Missing a Tony)

Elton John (Missing an Emmy)

Viola Davis (Missing a Grammy)

Jeremy Irons (Missing a Grammy)

Jessica Lange (Missing a Grammy)

Frances McDormand (Missing a Grammy)

Can the ones missing a Grammy actually sing? Because if they can't sing, then no, they don't deserve a Grammy. :P (Yes I know there's been tons of Grammy winners with questionable vocals) I know Viola Davis is adamant about her lack of singing abilities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Can the ones missing a Grammy actually sing? Because if they can't sing, then no, they don't deserve a Grammy. :P (Yes I know there's been tons of Grammy winners with questionable vocals) I know Viola Davis is adamant about her lack of singing abilities.
    The Grammys has what I call miscellaneous sorts of categories. There are awards for best spoken albums.

Hugh Jackman would be my pick.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Jackman probably has the best chance

Some of these people will never complete the set because they simply do not have careers in their missing area.

Does John Williams do Broadway music? If not, why would he ever win a Tony?

For those who do qualify for all 4 awards, are they good enough to win all 4? Why should Hugh Jackman win an Oscar? Because he's Wolverine?

Does Elton John really do any TV work? If so, is it Emmy win-worthy?

The only one on the OP list that seems to be achievable is Julie Andrews for a Tony Award. Barbra Streisand received her Tony as a non-competitive award -- an honorary "Star of the Decade" Tony Award in 1970. Julie Andrews should likewise receive some kind of honorary award for her Broadway career.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Some of these people will never complete the set because they simply do not have careers in their missing area.

Does John Williams do Broadway music? If not, why would he ever win a Tony?

For those who do qualify for all 4 awards, are they good enough to win all 4? Why should Hugh Jackman win an Oscar? Because he's Wolverine?

Does Elton John really do any TV work? If so, is it Emmy win-worthy?

The only one on the OP list that seems to be achievable is Julie Andrews for a Tony Award. Barbra Streisand received her Tony as a non-competitive award -- an honorary "Star of the Decade" Tony Award in 1970. Julie Andrews should likewise receive some kind of honorary award for her Broadway career.
    Jackman didn't win his Tony for nothing, he's a darn good actor outside of Wolverine so he could easily get an Oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The Grammys has what I call miscellaneous sorts of categories. There are awards for best spoken albums.
    In fact, Sean Connery made an album of filthy limericks just so that he could qualify for an episode of Rock N' Roll Celebrity Jeopardy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Jackman didn't win his Tony for nothing, he's a darn good actor outside of Wolverine so he could easily get an Oscar.
    Now that he's older and done (or mostly done) with superhero'ing, I think you'll start to see him accept roles that might be more Oscar Nominated. He was nominated once for Les Mis already.

Jackman was nominated for Les Mis. He is good enough to win one if he gets the right roll.
    Julie Andrew's could have gotten her Tony for Victor Victoria, but was so upset that hers was the only nomination for the show, she declined it. Probably would have won.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

I could see Kate Winslet winning a Tony.

Although I'm not even sure if she does theater. But she's a great actress.

Christopher Plummer

Julie Andrews

Hugh Jackman

Elton John

Kate Winslet

John Williams

Ron Howard

I have an unpopular opinion. Viola Davies is overrated.

Hugh Jackman has the best chance to have an EGOT. He is still fairly young and one of the most versatile actors of his generation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    In fact, Sean Connery made an album of filthy limericks just so that he could qualify for an episode of Rock N' Roll Celebrity Jeopardy.

There are grammy awards for spoofing music songs. Weird Al Yankovic has 5 Grammys. I loved his White and Nerdy song. LOL

Jackman is universally loved with a large fan base of various sorts from comic book fans to theatre fans,. He was nominated for LES MIS. Should have gotten a nomination for Logan.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

No Oscar for Trey Parker and Matt Stone?

"Screw you guys! I'm going home."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier