Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Amalgam Characters: Can Marvel and/or DC Use Them in the Primary Universe?

I suddenly have the urge to see Amalgam Universe Speed Demon (Flash and Ghost Rider) and Captain Mar-Vell (Shazam and Captain Mar-Vell) join the Avengers, Defenders or Ultimates. Does anyone know if Marvel and DC have any terms in their deal that would prevent amalgam characters from being used in either company's mainstream books?

They can only appear in crossovers involving both companies, they're jointly owned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

If one company sells their character to the other, it could happen. It's incredibly unlikely, but it could.

Astonishing Member

I doubt we'll see them for a long time. I'd love to see Dark Claw, Spider-Boy, Amazon and Super-Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If one company sells their character to the other, it could happen. It's incredibly unlikely, but it could.
    This. Honestly, the only way it'd happen is if Disney buy DC or WarnerMedia buys Marvel. Neither is likely to happen short of one of the corporations completely absorbing the other, something almost certain to be blocked by competition watchdogs!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I doubt we'll see them for a long time. I'd love to see Dark Claw, Spider-Boy, Amazon and Super-Soldier.
    Great picks! My all-time favorite would be...

Doctor StrangeFate

i hope not. I also hope that "spider-boy" is fully owned by Marvel at this point. (not the combo character with Conner; but simply the name)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope not. I also hope that "spider-boy" is fully owned by Marvel at this point. (not the combo character with Conner; but simply the name)
    To be fair, the name inherently implies that Spider-Boy is "lesser" than Spider-Man. That's why they avoided the name in the first place.

BANNED

Don't think they will dust off those characters and make them appear suddenly out of nowhere especially now that they have gotten their own 'amalgamverse' from infinity wars to play with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Don't think they will dust off those characters and make them appear suddenly out of nowhere especially now that they have gotten their own 'amalgamverse' from infinity wars to play with.
    I'm really hoping Infinity Warps comes back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm really hoping Infinity Warps comes back.
    Yes, Let's hope so though chances are that it will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Yeah, they'd only do it if there was a substantial financial incentive to do it. Still, from a reader's perspective it's fun to wonder, "What if?"

Magneto and the Magnetic Men were cool. Marvel and DC should do this once a year. Do one month of Amalgam titles. I’d buy everyone of them.

DC Comics needs to start generating revenues asap. They just experienced a major layoff of talent and staff. Partnering with Marvel might be one way to help.