Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

I personally wish it went on longer. The story and Capullo’s art was stellar. I could read about Bat-Jim all day.

Astonishing Member

I thought Superheavy was a weak arc going on too long. Bloom will be a one and done villain. I did like the WTF nature of Gordon adopting the cowl, an amnesiac Bruce Wayne and the book referencing one of Scott Snyder's most underrated Bat books though.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 08-11-2020 at 04:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I totally agree and it could've fit in to Morrison's Three Batmans with the police having a contingency just in case Bats died; especially since Snyder loves Morrison's Batman.

I also wish there was a bit more fleshing out of that Joker look alike (I still don't know what that was supposed to be) and Bruce's meeting
    I LOVE Grant Morrison's Batman run.

Fantastic Member

mine to I didn't like bat gordon
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs

Incredible Member

Liked the concept and while I enjoyed it overall, think using Gordon was a misstep.

Would have preferred a new character. Think a member of GCPD with military background or something.

With Rookie's AI system, could have made some fun Bad Boys/ Sam & Twitch/ Starsky & Hutch-esque stories.

Incredible Member

I quite enjoyed the Robo-Bat story overall in a bizarre yet enjoyable kind of way although that story with the JLA fighting a monster that sucked out the liquid from peoples eyeballs was just weird!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I enjoyed the story enough, I really like the villain Mr. Bloom and hope we have not seen the last from him (especially if Snyder pens the future arcs with him).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-20-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Yeah Bloom was really cool. I liked him a lot actually

Bloom was a very interesting villain, but I thought the Gordon as Batman story just didn't work. He felt so out of character in it to me and I just can't picture him doing what he did. Maybe that is why his time as Batman is generally forgotten in the fandom it feels like.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Westbats View Post
    Personally I wish we never learnt who was in the mech-suit, I found the parts of Superheavy that involved amnesiac Bruce and the idea of going into detail ofGotham coping with losing Batman while having a privately owned Batman fighting crime to be far more interesting than the Gordon portions. There was a lot of things set up during Gordon's time as Batman that never got followed through.
    That would be a way better story.

A Robocop-like Batman funded by police and/or shady corporations. With just random people operating the mecha. Gordon being the guy in the suit was ludicrous and out of character.