Default I can't decide how I feel about Brad Walker

Can't decide if I like Brad Walker's art. There are some times his splash pages are spectacular, and close ups on faces are really striking. Then sometimes the way he draws Batman's cowl, eyes and face that I just don't care for.

I dunno, I'm torn

I love it. It's very different and sometimes jarring, but in a way that I find fascinating.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'm really enjoying his work on 'Tec. I like it better than Jimenez on Batman.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    Can't decide if I like Brad Walker's art. There are some times his splash pages are spectacular, and close ups on faces are really striking. Then sometimes the way he draws Batman's cowl, eyes and face that I just don't care for.

I dunno, I'm torn
    It's the cowl's eyes that throw me off, maybe it's too pronounced. Almost looks too much like the animated series as opposed to comicy and it looks like it is glass you can see the glint in the eyes and (to me) it's too weird

compared to Lee's eyes

Last edited by charliehustle415; 08-09-2020 at 04:38 AM.

It’s really grown on me. I like Doug Mahnke quite a bit so I was disappointed he left the book, but Walker’s been a nice addition.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

His art can be overly detailed and the smiles can be especially creepy, but most of the time it's good. I guess tha's why the smiles jump out so much.