Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

God, just remembering those books has me shaken. Particularly Gold. I hate dropping books of characters i like but that was just so bland. I don't think it was as bad as Lemire's Extraordinary X-Men, but it was just so boring. Blue was just of no interest to me, although the art was good. In my opinion Hickman has easily surpassed those books, and I think he did it as early as HoX issue 1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Ok, so after God Emperor Doom failed with battle world, the x-men had a hard time and were based in Limbo and cyclops died after doing terrible things. This culminated in Inhumans vs X-men, in which X-men dominated the Inhumans in the first issue until plot twists and team work happened. This lead into the color Era you mentioned.
    Gold features the x-men doing heroic things based out of Central Park, and blue was the time displaced O5 stopping bad guys and picking up alternate reality allies. Xmen red spun out of resurrection, where Jean Grey returned and wanted to prove mutants were good guys to the world. This all kinda ended in Extermination, where Ahab and a young version of Cable came to the present and stuffed the O5 back in the past. Cable also used this to bring back Cyclops. While that happened, nate grey and legion had a spat in x-men dissasmbled, in an attempt to parallel avengers disassembled, that essentially pulled all the xmen into a fake reality called age of x-man.
    In the real world, Cyclops started a suicide mission team of x-men with whoever was left to try to take out as many threats they could before the x-men were gone for good.

Then Xavier saved mutants by starting Krakoa as a mutant nation, based on Moira's guidance in House of X and powers of X. They can revive any mutant and give humans drugs to earn a place in the world. This led to a mutant revolution where they all live on the island as thir own nation and have a council of leaders. From there the xmen deal with threats as they come up. Xforce deals with dangerous threats as they come up. Marauders deal out krakoan drugs to countries and rescue mutants. Excalibur deals with a magic battle with Avalon. Xfactor investigates mutant deaths, and hellions are cleaning up sinisters messes from the past.
    Thanks for this!

Really appreciate all the replies

Iceman came out and nothing else happened. With the occasional side title being interesting.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Lol gold was pretty much trash and cullen bunns run while well written was about as white as you can get on a modern comic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hickman made mutants immortal, brought back fan favourite characters and made the X-Men filthy rich. Not a fan of the villains being buddies but hey.

Guggs gave us bad wedding drama and hammer time.

Bunn was the GOAT tho.
    "Cable was right!"

I think it also depends on what you like in an X-Men story as to what you consider significant, important, or worth reading. A lot of HoX/PoX/DoX frankly isn't to my taste, though some books are absolutely amazing. As a concept, it's a huge departure and status quo change which has its own appeal for some, but maybe not everyone.

The main team books from the previous era weren't nearly as good conceptually overall and were not granted the same degree of creative freedom. They didn't have the benefit of interconnectivity/singular vision that the current books do - again, pluses and minuses for me. But there were a lot of great miniseries and character focused books during that time. Things that happened besides the 05 getting sent home and the resurrections of Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean include Old Man Logan leaving, Betsy regaining her original body and splitting from Kwannon who also now has her body back, Xavier returning from the dead to possess Fantomex temporarily, Kitty and Colossus almost got married but broke up instead and Gambit and Rogue got married in their place, a child of Xavier and Lilandra was revealed to exist. A bunch of series that I enjoyed for the characterizations and small team dynamics were All-New Wolverine and X-Men: Red by Tom Taylor, Astonishing X-Men (2018) - the Rosenburg end of the run being better, New Mutants: Dead Souls, Multiple Man miniseries, Rogue & Gambit miniseries, Mr.& Mrs. X, and the Shatterstar miniseries.